Dynamic Record Label - San Antonio Texas

Becket

Hi everyone. Really interested in this label's music. What I have heard is great with mid-tempo harmonies to die for.

There are some sound clips already on this site, but quite a few releases on the label [which I will add below] . Possibly some duff releases also. You peeps know, so tell me about them.

Most people know the Commands great double sider on Dynamic 104 (I only have it on BackBeat) with its fantastic Picture Sleeve.

I personally LOVE TO DEATH the George Jay 45 "say that you love me". Just wonderful stuff.

Recently listened to the Little Jr. Jesse 45 "ain't no big thing". A great version, but probably really obscure?

I do have Doc & Sal "cry and wonder why" on Dynamic 122. Heard this a few years back when Shifty had one for sale. Took me 18 months to turn one up. I wonder what their other 45 "can't get you offa my mind" is like. I have seen this for sale a couple of times, so if it is brill will kick myself for missing it!

I remember someone on ebay recently from the San Antonio area selling possibly 4 or 5 on the label and there certainly was some interest, especially with the Little Jr. Jesse 45.

Dynamic San Antonio

DY-103 The Tonettes- I Gotta Know / My Heart Can Feel the Pain

DY-104 The Commands- No Time For You / Hey It's Love (picture sleeve)

DY-105 Willie Cooper & The Webs- You Don't Love Nobody / I Can't Take It No More

DY-106 Willie Cooper & The Webs- Can't Let You Go / Try Loving Me

DY-107 Don & The Doves- Together / I Need You

DY-108 Charlie's Jive Quintet- Taste Of Soul / Lora Jean

DY-109 Willie Cooper & The Webs- Don't Ever Hurt Me / Little Girl Blue

DY-110 Little Jr. Jesse & The Tear Drops- If You Don't Love Me / Ain't No Big Thing

DY-111 The Commands- Around the Go-Go / Don't Be Afraid to Love Me (picture sleeve)

DY-112 George Jay & The Rockin' Ravens- Say That You Love Me / You Don't Know Me

DY-113 Dee Adra- Don't Need a Reason / Without Regret

DY-114 The Commands- Chain Gang / Must Be Alright

DY-115 Lucky Wayne- Oh My Love / Nearly Sandy

DY-116 Dan Henderson- Only Lovers / L.A. Is Where It's Happening

DY-119 Dan Henderson- Puppets / Dear Song

DY-120 Bobby Blackmon & The Soul Express- She's Gotta Have Soul / You'll Find Another

DY-121 Doc & Sal- Can't Get You Offa My Mind / Laughing to Keep From Crying

DY-122 Doc & Sal- My Dream / Cry And Wonder Why

DY-123 The Commands- Too Late to Cry / A Way to Love Me

DY-123 Commands- I've Got Love For My Baby / Too Late to Cry

DY-123 Commands- I've Got Love For My Baby (1-sided promo)

Looking forward to all your replies.

Cheers................ Becket of Banbury.

Social source share

• Replies 30
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi everyone. Really interested in this label's music. What I have heard is great with mid-tempo harmonies to die for.

There are some sound clips already on this site, but quite a few releases on the label [which I will add below] . Possibly some duff releases also. You peeps know, so tell me about them.

Most people know the Commands great double sider on Dynamic 104 (I only have it on BackBeat) with its fantastic Picture Sleeve.

I personally LOVE TO DEATH the George Jay 45 "say that you love me". Just wonderful stuff.

Recently listened to the Little Jr. Jesse 45 "ain't no big thing". A great version, but probably really obscure?

I do have Doc & Sal "cry and wonder why" on Dynamic 122. Heard this a few years back when Shifty had one for sale. Took me 18 months to turn one up. I wonder what their other 45 "can't get you offa my mind" is like. I have seen this for sale a couple of times, so if it is brill will kick myself for missing it!

I remember someone on ebay recently from the San Antonio area selling possibly 4 or 5 on the label and there certainly was some interest, especially with the Little Jr. Jesse 45.

Dynamic San Antonio

DY-105 Willie Cooper & The Webs- You Don't Love Nobody / I Can't Take It No More

DY-110 Little Jr. Jesse & The Tear Drops- If You Don't Love Me / Ain't No Big Thing

DY-111 The Commands- Around the Go-Go / Don't Be Afraid to Love Me (picture sleeve)

DY-112 George Jay & The Rockin' Ravens- Say That You Love Me / You Don't Know Me

DY-120 Bobby Blackmon & The Soul Express- She's Gotta Have Soul / You'll Find Another

the other doc and sal is also good. It's not listed there but the tonettes 45 also comes on red wax. the webs 45s are also good.

Social source share

Interesting there is still a registered officE in Fort Worth wish I knew would of paid a visit last year,this is a great logo imho.

BAZ A wink.gif

Agree Baz. Yes a great logo for a label. Especially if you are interested in Quantum Mechanics also! Very topical considering what is happening at present. LHC and all

that............ Thanx for all the info so far: I am sure there is more out there to come?

Becket.

Social source share

Dynamic San Antonio

dy 106 also released on whiz

Social source share

I've never seen this as a promo before, only as orange stock, must be much rarer.

I got this from Rob Marriott at one Alan Coneys Bishop Auckland nights, I paid quite a lot of money for it at the time, £280 I think. I know he was surprised when I ran round to the cash machine and drew out the money for it. I've only seen mine and one stock copy so couldn't really say which is rarer.

Social source share

Hello All,

Has the Dynamic label been comped on CD anywhere?

Many thanks,

BritMusicSoulFan

some texas guy was going to do a (bootleg?) comp a few years ago, my friend got an advance copy. I think it never came out though. The copy my friend got was all messed up anyways, like the songs started before the CD tracks started, etc.

Social source share

I got this from Rob Marriott at one Alan Coneys Bishop Auckland nights, I paid quite a lot of money for it at the time, £280 I think. I know he was surprised when I ran round to the cash machine and drew out the money for it. I've only seen mine and one stock copy so couldn't really say which is rarer.

Mine is orange and I've seen at least 3-4 other orange copies. The other george jay rockin ravens records on other labels are terrible "teener" type things, by the way, the dynamic one is the only good one I've heard.

Social source share

Same here thumbsup.gif

Only recently bought this and it's bloody fabulous Northern but I think it could get some plays in the Crossover/70's rooms too?

I'm certainly going to give it a go at The Orwell that's for sure!

Love all the Commands stuff too - great label :thumbsup:

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

123 Dynamics - "A way to love me" is a great version of The Volumes on Inferno .Is The Superlatives " Won't you please be my baby " the same Dynamic label ? Best ,Eddie

no, the superlatives dynamic is detroit. there is at least one more dynamic label, I think out of pittsburgh, but maybe more. Thanks.

Social source share

Same here :thumbup:

Only recently bought this and it's bloody fabulous Northern but I think it could get some plays in the Crossover/70's rooms too?

I'm certainly going to give it a go at The Orwell that's for sure!

Love all the Commands stuff too - great label :)

Cheers

Steve

Well would you believe it. Was at the Rugby AllNiter last Sat and Phil Shields was there [see post before this one]. And guess what he had to play for me..............

Geore Jay. It sounded absolutely brilliant. I am sure it will go down a storm at the Orwell as you have a very receptive crowd there. Hope to start hearing it more when out and about.

Cheers.............. Becket.

Social source share

Well would you believe it. Was at the Rugby AllNiter last Sat and Phil Shields was there [see post before this one]. And guess what he had to play for me..............

Geore Jay. It sounded absolutely brilliant. I am sure it will go down a storm at the Orwell as you have a very receptive crowd there. Hope to start hearing it more when out and about.

Cheers.............. Becket.

Nice one :thumbup:

I'm sure it'll go down well at The Orwell, as you're right there is a very receptive crowd there!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert