Talk Of The South Luton 27 Sept

Another great night at Luton for me last night,thanks to Mssrs Chapman,Tees,Tebbutt et al. :thumbup: I boogied my birthday butt off (well,partially anyway!)

The earlier finish came as a bit of a shock,but did not detract from the (always) fab music and friendly vibe here. Tommy Cooper's guest appearance was a TOTAL bonus too (nice one Pete, you were excellent!) Top tune of the night (pour moi) was Sean's spin of Jimmy Bo-Horn (I just cant speak). Rendered me (almost) speechless near ther end of the evening....soooooooo soulful!

Thanks especially to Jo Karen B and Kylee for your birthday cards and presents,Tabs for the J.D (much appreciated!) and all the wishes I received. I was a bit overwhelmed by your kindness in all honesty!

See everyone on a dancefloor somewhere again soon! (Booglaloo next week anyone?)

Gail x

Edited by Delasoul
  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Another great night at Luton for me last night,thanks to Mssrs Chapman,Tees,Tebbutt et al. :wicked: I boogied my birthday butt off (well,partially anyway!)

The earlier finish came as a bit of a shock,but did not detract from the (always) fab music and friendly vibe here. Tommy Cooper's guest appearance was a TOTAL bonus too (nice one Pete, you were excellent!) Top tune of the night (pour moi) was Sean's spin of Jimmy Bo-Horn (I just cant speak). Rendered me (almost) speechless near ther end of the evening....soooooooo soulful!

Thanks especially to Jo Karen B and Kylee for your birthday cards and presents,Tabs for the J.D (much appreciated!) and all the wishes I received. I was a bit overwhelmed by your kindness in all honesty!

See everyone on a dancefloor somewhere again soon! (Booglaloo next week anyone?)

Gail x

Great to see you enjoying yourself Gaily girl. :shades: Had a great time and have the video to prove it.... watch this space :D

Really looked forward to this night and it didn't disappoint. Been an age since I got to Luton and what a fantastic night! Really enjoyed Marrs Bar Pete's spot on arrival (sorry about the directions mate, it was 1st on the right :wicked: ). Usual great TOTS atmos at Luton, lots of friendly faces. Nige Crice spot was a real winner, still really want to know who that bus load of soulies were from Sawbridgeworth? Mr Tebbut and Mr Chapman were their usual exceptional selves. Tommy Cooper finale was such a hoot!

Back in December, can't wait!

Guest Mrs Simsy

Wow, Luton last night was fab! :D

Music was just fantastic, Pete Robinson, this man deserves a medal-and more spots! :D Nige Grice, Pete Tebutt & Sean Chapman-excellent as always & Mr Nige Brown, take a bow! :D Special thanks to Nige Brown for playing The Parisians for me! :D

Tommy Cooper at the end just topped it all off! :D

Great to see everyone, Luton had it all last night! :shades:

See y'all at the next one-pictures to follow shortly! :wicked:

It was a great night out at Luton "JUST LIKE THAT" :shades:

In all seriousness it was a good night,and for the special attraction of Mr Tommy Cooper doing his thing was an added bonus....i never would have believed it untill i saw it for myself,but Pete Robinson as Tommy Cooper was very very good...TOTS has got talent :D .

I felt for Sean & Pete for the early finish,but what do you expect from a new bone idle lazy fat bar manager,maybe he was on the lookout for a bit of a bung,glad you got over it with the cabaret act..

My only moan p is a bruised toe due to that man Rob "screaming banshee on gear" Chadwick jumping on me toe ,not his fault mind you ,most probable that i got in his way while was attempting to strut his stuff :wicked: .

See you at the next one in December.

Toby..

Great night as always at TOTS, was good to get out again and see everyone. All DJs played great sets, Nige Grice had the tune of the night for me but cant remember what it was and never managed to find out either, but what ever it was I want it :D

Missed TC, oh dear :wicked::shades: as was a bit tired and had to leave before the end

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie
Guest outonthefloor

Turned up with our traveling soul mates shane n julie n it was a

great nite, great crowd and a fantastic welcome as usual.

Lovely to see Toby and Mandy, Taffy, Kev n Phil

I challenge anyone not to have a good time when they are around

great company to off set a perfect nite.

Me friends have helped me through bad times recently n im so lucky to have many great ones xxx Thanks

Sorry you missed the caberet Chrissie :wicked:

Kylee n Denise of course...my dancing buddies..

And Graham and Lorraine, what a nice surprise as not seen them since Cleethorpes.

Sorry if i missed anyone xx

Very hot night but this meant that i had an unusual conversation with Lynn and Gail out in the smoking area about boobs - cup size and the problems of gravity!!

Mr Crice n Marrs bar Pete just stole the prize for me but all the dj's played their socks off most ive danced in ages.

Thanks again to Messers Chapman and Tebbut et al See ya all back there on Dec 20th

BTW Tabs...the bar wont collapse if you move away from it!! :shades::D

N happy birthday gail xxxxxxxxx

Oh and just in case you missed it a little quote from Tommy.....

A blind bloke walks into a shop with a guide dog. He picks the Dog up and starts swinging it around his head. Alarmed, a shop assistant calls out: 'Can I help, sir?' 'No thanks,' says the blind bloke. 'Just looking.' :D

Thanks again

Helen

XXXX

What a fab-las night it was ,firstly i'd like to thank Pete and Sean for the invite to play and nice to see my friends kev kershaw and mark Wilson from Leicester ,these guys introduced me to N.S. back in '74 ,forever gratefull. Well we got down after a bit of a search for the place about 9 ish to find Sean playin a few warm up oldies and as it was me next i thought it was rightly so i'd carry on with the warm up so the drinks were bought the howdoyoudo's were said and it was into the deep end,heres what they got

9.30 TILL 10.30

SATISFACTIONS-TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT- SMASH

TURLEY RICHARDS- I FEEL ALL RIGHT- COLUMBIA

CURTIS LEE - IS SHE IN YOUR TOWN - MIRA

MIGHTY JOE YOUNG- LADIES MAN- CELTEX

HELEN TROY- I THINK I LOVE YOU - KAPP ( white demo )

SANDY WYNNS - TOUCH OF VENUS- CHAMPION ( white demo )

CHRISTINE COOPER- HEARTACHES AWAY MY BOY- PARKWAY ( white demo )

STEINWAYS - LEADING ME ON - OLIVER

5 ROYALS - CATCH THAT TEARDROP-ABC

JOANNE COURCY - I GOT THE POWER- TWIRL (white demo )

ELBIE PARKER- PLEASE KEEP AWAY FROM ME - VEEP (white demo )

PAT & THE BLENDERS- JUST BECAUSE- FAST EDDIE

SOUL COMMUNICATERS- THOSE LONELY NIGHTS - FEEBEE

CONSTANCE FRANCIS - ITS GONNA TAKE ME SOME TIME - MGM

LENNY WILLIAMS - I COULDN'T FIND NOBODY- FANTASY

KENTE MEADE & THE REMINGTON SUNSHINE- FUNKY TO ME- MAGIC CARPET ( white demo)

SCOTT BROS ORCH - THEY ALL CAME BACK _ TODDLIN TOWN

FRANKIE CROCKER -TON OF DYNAMITE - TURBO

WADE FLEMMONS - JEANETTE - RAMSEL

THE JADES- I'M WHERE IT'S AT - NITE LIFE ( white demo)

THE VELVETS - I GOT TO FIND ME SOMEBODY ( white demo )

LARRY SANTOS- YOU GOT ME - EVOLUTION

DANA VALERY - INTEREST LIES- COLUMBIA ( white demo )

CHARADES - KEY TO MY HAPPINESS MGM ( ISSUE )

Once again thanks alot TOTS really enjoyed it and not forgeting the little bit of caberet at the end it was indeed GREAT FUN !!!!!!!! :lol:

Guest dcsoxford

Fantastic! :D

Great night again Sean, well done.

Dragged Clappie along as we knew there would be the 'heavier' type of music he likes.

He even started dancing before Paul and myself !!!!!

I blame the Stella and Diabetes.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

He thought the first set (Petes ???) was brilliant and set him up for the night.

Spoke to Jon Willis and he said how disappointed he was to have missed last night.

Hopefully he can make the next one.

Record of the night for me was The Commands - 'Hey It's Love'

Can't remember hearing it before,( memory of a goldfish) but it sure hit me between the eyes.

Beautiful.

See you at the next one on the 20th. of December

Steve, Maz, Paul, and Del.

Oxford Soul Club

NORTHERN NIGHT IN OXFORD,

SATURDAY 4th. OCTOBER, WITH SPECIAL GUEST

TONY DELLAR

SEE CALENDAR FOR DETAILS

Its been nearly two and a half years since weve been to Luton so was really looking forward to it especially as my fellow Guest DJs were two dear friends of mine Pete Robinson and Nige Grice!!

It was lovely to see the club is still as popular as ever although Sean was threating over the manager taking an hour off the evening , so it finished at 1 not 2am.

So after a quick re scheduling of the DJ times we were off to a great evening of quality music, shiney happy people and an extra Special Guest Appearance by Tommy Cooper atthe end of the evening!! It was Priceless !! Pete Robbo you are a bloody star!!

I followed an awsome set by me mucker Nige Grice the dancers really being up for it!!

These were me plays 11-30 thru 12-30

HO HAPPY DAY--FLAME N KING --NYST

NATURAL FOUR -- I THOUGHT YOU WERE MINE -- ABC Demo

THE BALLADS -- I CANT SEE YOUR LOVE -- WEE

PARISIANS -- TWINKLE LITTLE STAR --DEMON HOT

SATISFACTIONS --TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT -- SMASH Demo

ISONICS --- SUGAR -- KAMMY

BOBBY VALENTINE -- USE IT BEFORE YOU LOSE IT -- FANIA

ART FREEMAN -- SLIPPING AROUND-- FAME

INSPIRATIONS --- YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND -- MIDAS

LITTLE TOMMY -- BABY CANT YOU SEE --- SOUND OF SOUL

SPIEDELS --- DREAM GIRL --- PROVIDENCE Demo

CODY BLACK -- IM SLOWLY MOULDING -- KING

GERRI HALL -- WHO CAH I RUB TO ---HOTLINE

AL GARDNER --- SWEET BABY -- SEPIA

OTIS LEE -- HARD ROAD TO HOE -- QUAINT

BILLIE SHA RAE -- IM GONE --VOGUE Demo

DANNY WHITE -- MISS FINE MISS FINE -- FRISCO

BELLES -- DONT PRETEND -- MIRWOOD

LINDA JONES -- I JUST CANT LIVE ME LIFE -- W. Bros

MARVA LEE --- IF YOU CANT BE TRUE -- ATCO

NOLAN CHANCE -- JUST LIKE THE WEATHER -- CONTELLATION stars

BOBBY TAYLOR -- OH IVE BEEN BLESSED -- VIP

DARRALL BANKS - OPEN THE DOOR TO YOUR HEART-- STATESIDE uk

JOHNNY MAE MATHEWS -- I HAVE NO CHOICE -- BIG HIT

Apologies for repeating the Satisfactions track i musta been at the bar when Robbo played it OOPS!! :D

Thanks to Sean and Pete for inviting me back really enoyed listening to great sounds with some lovely friends

Seeya ay the Go Go

Torchboy xx

Its been nearly two and a half years since weve been to Luton so was really looking forward to it especially as my fellow Guest DJs were two dear friends of mine Pete Robinson and Nige Grice!!

It was lovely to see the club is still as popular as ever although Sean was threating over the manager taking an hour off the evening , so it finished at 1 not 2am.

So after a quick re scheduling of the DJ times we were off to a great evening of quality music, shiney happy people and an extra Special Guest Appearance by Tommy Cooper atthe end of the evening!! It was Priceless !! Pete Robbo you are a bloody star!!

I followed an awsome set by me mucker Nige Grice the dancers really being up for it!!

These were me plays 11-30 thru 12-30

HO HAPPY DAY--FLAME N KING --NYST

NATURAL FOUR -- I THOUGHT YOU WERE MINE -- ABC Demo

THE BALLADS -- I CANT SEE YOUR LOVE -- WEE

PARISIANS -- TWINKLE LITTLE STAR --DEMON HOT

SATISFACTIONS --TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT -- SMASH Demo

ISONICS --- SUGAR -- KAMMY

BOBBY VALENTINE -- USE IT BEFORE YOU LOSE IT -- FANIA

ART FREEMAN -- SLIPPING AROUND-- FAME

INSPIRATIONS --- YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND -- MIDAS

LITTLE TOMMY -- BABY CANT YOU SEE --- SOUND OF SOUL

SPIEDELS --- DREAM GIRL --- PROVIDENCE Demo

CODY BLACK -- IM SLOWLY MOULDING -- KING

GERRI HALL -- WHO CAH I RUB TO ---HOTLINE

AL GARDNER --- SWEET BABY -- SEPIA

OTIS LEE -- HARD ROAD TO HOE -- QUAINT

BILLIE SHA RAE -- IM GONE --VOGUE Demo

DANNY WHITE -- MISS FINE MISS FINE -- FRISCO

BELLES -- DONT PRETEND -- MIRWOOD

LINDA JONES -- I JUST CANT LIVE ME LIFE -- W. Bros

MARVA LEE --- IF YOU CANT BE TRUE -- ATCO

NOLAN CHANCE -- JUST LIKE THE WEATHER -- CONTELLATION stars

BOBBY TAYLOR -- OH IVE BEEN BLESSED -- VIP

DARRALL BANKS - OPEN THE DOOR TO YOUR HEART-- STATESIDE uk

JOHNNY MAE MATHEWS -- I HAVE NO CHOICE -- BIG HIT

Apologies for repeating the Satisfactions track i musta been at the bar when Robbo played it OOPS!! :D

Thanks to Sean and Pete for inviting me back really enoyed listening to great sounds with some lovely friends

Seeya ay the Go Go

Torchboy xx

Great set Don, particularly like the Danny White :D

Sounds like it was a great night with Nige Grice in there too :g:

Bullitt

Great set Don, particularly like the Danny White :(

Sounds like it was a great night with Nige Grice in there too :D

Bullitt

Yes love the Danny White Mr Bullit,, heard Anton Ludwick play it a Brighton a few weeks ago blew the floor away i just had to play it out !! :g:

Then low and behold you played it me round your gaff a week or so ago ,,, can believe im playing a Pete " Bullit Tatlock" Eccles tune ,,,,, now that has to be an honour!! :D

Next up...... The ASTORS bring it on baby!!

Torchboy xx

Yes love the Danny White Mr Bullit,, heard Anton Ludwick play it a Brighton a few weeks ago blew the floor away i just had to play it out !! :D

Then low and behold you played it me round your gaff a week or so ago ,,, can believe im playing a Pete " Bullit Tatlock" Eccles tune ,,,,, now that has to be an honour!! :(

Next up...... The ASTORS bring it on baby!!

Torchboy xx

:D Let em have it Nige, you know it makes sense :g:

EDIT Hang on.....a honour for who? :lol:

Edited by pete60

Gail x

Boogaloo could be risky with a fiery all-ginger DJ line-up! :D Be careful not to heckle or make any requests. And don't clap in any wrong places. Or you norf o' Lundan girls could play it safe at Bisley with us folk from the Sarf Lundan Massive - you know it makes sense :g:

theresa x

Really enjoyed Saturday night it was great to see a few old friends that I hadn't seen in a while , Wendy from St Ives and Steve Heinsen and Rob "let me stamp on your toe" Chadwick , bless we talked of old times when we were in Ibiza for a soulful week of heavy nighters :D My goodness it feels like a lifetime away. How did we survive a whole week of nighters ! We did though and brilliant it was too.

Anyway back to Luton after arriving pretty early we decided to head down towards Luton for something to eat ..... that was a mistake because all we could see was middle east restaurants , not knowing Luton too well , we must have hit their equivelant to Manchesters Cheetham Hill. so we decided to turn around and eat at the TL which as it turned out was ok... you could have ......

curry lol Thai style Chillie ..Mexican .... Pizza .. Italian ! and guess what the Steak and ale hadn't arrived ... thats the English option by the way... PML

My second visit to Luton , parked in the exact same spot .........cold chill or what :g: what are the chances of that happening ? dejavuuuuuuoooo :D

Entered the door to the most bubbly lady I have ever had the pleasure to meet ... Lyneexoticanama :lol:

Great person to have on the door , so welcoming , she would have your clothes off you in no time PML

She liked my red dress , ver ver much. I did wonder at times if I was going to go home without it lol

Being serious now a lovely lady with a great presence and lovely personality I would call her "Bubbles".

Gricy and Kate at our side too , it promised to be a great night I did try and persuede gricy to swap shoes but he wouldn't have it he said my high heels wern't high enough :(

Tommy Cooper was brilliant at the end had us all in stitches , and the music from all was just superb.

Great night really very enjoyable.

Carms

x

Edited by Carms
Guest soulmanherts

oh you cheeky sods... i only stamp on peoples toes if i like you..lol...i cant help it toby if you are flat footed and wear soft shoes like your grandad... .. but yer was a real good night again at luton. shame it finished early, but not sean and petes fault, and tommy cooper what a scream that was. nigel always plays a great set what more can i say ,great to catch up with you Carms and chat about ibiza all them years ago god what a great time we had over there . sean and pete do know how to fill a dance floor great sets. thanks for john buck giving me and paul a lift back to hemel. see you all at the next one.

p.s toby put your steel toe caps on mate...ill be looking for you ...

Rob

Edited by soulmanherts
Guest matt tees

oh you cheeky sods... i only stamp on peoples toes if i like you..lol...i cant help it toby if you are flat footed and wear soft shoes like your grandad... .. but yer was a real good night again at luton. shame it finished early, but not sean and petes fault, and tommy cooper what a scream that was. nigel always plays a great set what more can i say ,great to catch up with you Carms and chat about ibiza all them years ago god what a great time we had over there . sean and pete do know how to fill a dance floor great sets. thanks for john buck giving me and paul a lift back to hemel. see you all at the next one.

p.s toby put your steel toe caps on mate...ill be looking for you ...

Rob

About 120 in, and a decent turnout. The floor was slow to start but eventually it got going and then remained busy until the last record played. Pete Robinson the Marrs Bar All Nighter promoter was the first of our guest DJs, making his debut at TOTS and played a stormer mixing a very good set, I know his play list has already been added to this thread. Pete definitely deserves more spots and is a consistent performer behind the decks.

Nigell Grice from Huddersfield who was making his second appearance. In his first appearance he made such an fantastic impression we had to great him back to TOTS, As expected Nigel did not disappoint and really got stuck into the dance floor the moment he hit the decks, reading it so well from start to finish, again thanks Nigel a very polished performance.

Over to Stafford's finest and one of the hardest working DJs on the soul scene today, My Bud Nige Brown. Does Nige Brown ever perform less than Top Notch, the answer is never. All the times I have seen Nige DJ, he only gets better and better and better, he really has got DJaying off to a fine art and how very appropriate that Nige played Johnnie Mae Mathews- I Have No Choice for our departed Bro Nigel Shaw who would have been 50 on Friday and a big supporter of TOTS.

Last but not least, we had a further guest who only arrived at the club 5 minutes before the end at 12.55, yes you guessed it, a very rare live performance from Tommy Cooper who looked very much like Pete Robinson just adding a nice touch to our evening.

It was really nice to see a couple of my best buddies who I have not seen for ages Michief and Emma. Finally a big Thanks to our lovely girls on the door Lynn, Michelle and Cressie who always make everybody welcome.

Sean Chapman and Pete Tebbutt

Edited by matt tees

About 120 in, and a decent turnout. The floor was slow to start but eventually it got going and then remained busy until the last record played. Pete Robinson the Marrs Bar All Nighter promoter was the first of our guest DJs, making his debut at TOTS and played a stormer mixing a very good set, I know his play list has already been added to this thread. Pete definitely deserves more spots and is a consistent performer behind the decks.

Nigell Grice from Huddersfield who was making his second appearance. In his first appearance he made such an fantastic impression we had to great him back to TOTS, As expected Nigel did not disappoint and really got stuck into the dance floor the moment he hit the decks, reading it so well from start to finish, again thanks Nigel a very polished performance.

Over to Stafford's finest and one of the hardest working DJs on the soul scene today, My Bud Nige Brown. Does Nige Brown ever perform less than Top Notch, the answer is never. All the times I have seen Nige DJ, he only gets better and better and better, he really has got DJaying off to a fine art and how very appropriate that Nige played Johnnie Mae Mathews- I Have No Choice for our departed Bro Nigel Shaw who would have been 50 on Friday and a big supporter of TOTS.

Last but not least, we had a further guest who only arrived at the club 5 minutes before the end at 12.55, yes you guessed it, a very rare live performance from Tommy Cooper who looked very much like Pete Robinson just adding a nice touch to our evening.

It was really nice to see a couple of my best buddies who I have not seen for ages Michief and Emma.

Just waiting to confirm our next date and the added hour, will post up later.

Finally a big Thanks to our lovely girls on the door Lynn, Michelle and Cressie who always make everybody welcome.

Sean Chapman and Pete Tebbutt

This thread's a really nice lookback and has me wanting to travel all the way down for the next one. I'll look out for your future dates Mr C.

Glad it went well for you all.

Jayne.x.

Guest matt tees

Really enjoyed Saturday night it was great to see a few old friends that I hadn't seen in a while , Wendy from St Ives and Steve Heinsen and Rob "let me stamp on your toe" Chadwick , bless we talked of old times when we were in Ibiza for a soulful week of heavy nighters :thumbsup: My goodness it feels like a lifetime away. How did we survive a whole week of nighters ! We did though and brilliant it was too.

Anyway back to Luton after arriving pretty early we decided to head down towards Luton for something to eat ..... that was a mistake because all we could see was middle east restaurants , not knowing Luton too well , we must have hit their equivelant to Manchesters Cheetham Hill. so we decided to turn around and eat at the TL which as it turned out was ok... you could have ......

curry lol Thai style Chillie ..Mexican .... Pizza .. Italian ! and guess what the Steak and ale hadn't arrived ... thats the English option by the way... PML

My second visit to Luton , parked in the exact same spot .........cold chill or what :D what are the chances of that happening ? dejavuuuuuuoooo :g:

Entered the door to the most bubbly lady I have ever had the pleasure to meet ... Lyneexoticanama :lol:

Great person to have on the door , so welcoming , she would have your clothes off you in no time PML

She liked my red dress , ver ver much. I did wonder at times if I was going to go home without it lol

Being serious now a lovely lady with a great presence and lovely personality I would call her "Bubbles".

Gricy and Kate at our side too , it promised to be a great night I did try and persuede gricy to swap shoes but he wouldn't have it he said my high heels wern't high enough :huh:

Tommy Cooper was brilliant at the end had us all in stitches , and the music from all was just superb.

Great night really very enjoyable.

Carms

x

Tootan Carman, that is a really nice piece about Lynn who has always been on the door for nearly 8 years, promoters and DJs always get all the headlines and it is people like Lynne Tebbutt who always go unnoticed, so to see it on a thread, thank you. Let's face it, a nice greeting and a smile when you enter the club is a very good start to the night. Well done Lynne.

Just to add that I thoroughly enjoyed the night as well.

By standing at the bar you get to see everyone who comes in :D

Mind you I could have given you the male perspective on your unusual conversation. :(

See you all at the next one.

Best

Tabs

PS Sean, Kylee is still waiting for her birthday record :yes:

Very hot night but this meant that i had an unusual conversation with Lynn and Gail out in the smoking area about boobs - cup size and the problems of gravity!!

BTW Tabs...the bar wont collapse if you move away from it!! :Dlaugh.gif

Helen

XXXX

Guest matt tees

Just to add that I thoroughly enjoyed the night as well.

By standing at the bar you get to see everyone who comes in :D

Mind you I could have given you the male perspective on your unusual conversation. biggrin.gif

See you all at the next one.

Best

Tabs

PS Sean, Kylee is still waiting for her birthday record :yes:

It was agreed that Nige Brown would give his copy of twinkle twinkle star to Kylee as he was the one who played it on Sat

Guest outonthefloor

Tootan Carman, that is a really nice piece about Lynn who has always been on the door for nearly 8 years, promoters and DJs always get all the headlines and it is people like Lynne Tebbutt who always go unnoticed, so to see it on a thread, thank you. Let's face it, a nice greeting and a smile when you enter the club is a very good start to the night. Well done Lynne.

I love Lynne and defo agree about the warmest welcome in the south.

She is a treasure and an assett xxxx and the best hugger in the world

xxxx

Guest Mrs Simsy

It was agreed that Nige Brown would give his copy of twinkle twinkle star to Kylee as he was the one who played it on Sat

:thumbsup::thumbup:

Luton was a top night & if you haven't been you should have a serious talking to...yourself! :unsure:

Be a pleasure to see you there Gail.

Cheers Warren

Hi Warren biggrin.gif

I saw you at the last do Ray and Russ did in Peterborough (the Girls Girls Girls do) ....anyway, am definitely coming down to Boogaloo this Sat (me and another)I'd appreciate directions too! (Am ok til I get to the bottom of the M1 then it all goes a bit scary and pear shaped usually! :thumbsup: ) See you Sat!

Hi Warren :lol:

I saw you at the last do Ray and Russ did in Peterborough (the Girls Girls Girls do) ....anyway, am definitely coming down to Boogaloo this Sat (me and another)I'd appreciate directions too! (Am ok til I get to the bottom of the M1 then it all goes a bit scary and pear shaped usually! :( ) See you Sat!

Just dont ask Sian or Ken - they took me to Woolwich!! :Dlaugh.gif:lol:

Really looked forward to this night and it didn't disappoint. Been an age since I got to Luton and what a fantastic night! Really enjoyed Marrs Bar Pete's spot on arrival (sorry about the directions mate, it was 1st on the right :lol: ). Usual great TOTS atmos at Luton, lots of friendly faces. Nige Crice spot was a real winner, still really want to know who that bus load of soulies were from Sawbridgeworth? Mr Tebbut and Mr Chapman were their usual exceptional selves. Tommy Cooper finale was such a hoot!

Back in December, can't wait!

Been a massive fan of the scene for over 25 years recently moved to sawbridgeworth and managed to convert people to the northern soul scene so decided to get a group together and take them to luton glad i did brilliant night and just heard the last one had over twenty lined up for december :D

Great night was my first time there sadly the last good luck to Sean and Pete in finding another venue soon some people dont apprecate good nights there loss

Source Advert