• Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Mrs Simsy

Looking good RugbySoulGirl! :)

(For someone born in 1942 :lol::thumbup: )

:D:no:

Sean Hampsey (Jnr)

Aged 14 months

:D

What a cutie, though i think Sonny Croasdell edges it...he's 4 months old i think. :D

Social source share

in answer to the original question - you have to be 16 to be a member on here after some teenagers got in heated debates with adults whose parents then got involved...

Social source share

I'm easily the youngest, fittest, bestest looking soul dude on ere.

Got into it about two years ago after watching the Felix cat food adverts with Frank Wilson sound track.

:)

YES YOU ARE :lol::thumbup:

Social source share

Guest rachel

Brett Smith maybe? He's 17. No idea how he got into it though! :thumbup:Maybe like the rest of us younger lot, mum and/or dad! :lol:

Not all of us, as a child I was surrounded by folk music, classical and soft rock! (do I still count as one of the 'younger lot', I'm am under 30? :) )

Social source share

sorry, ment to add does* that make me the youngest on here & youngest DJ in the area?

Brett

Chloe Cook at the age of 3

buddingdj.jpg

yes Chris, very proud - except when she goes in the back room and starts playing my records without me there 24_shocked.gif

Social source share

Chloe Cook at the age of 3

buddingdj.jpg

yes Chris, very proud - except when she goes in the back room and starts playing my records without me there 24_shocked.gif

Aw they're so enthusiastic at that age..they hit 7 or 8 and it's all High School Musical and Rihanna :)

My little girl used to be so kee on soul music, I took her to an alldayer for a couple of hours at the Tower Ballroom when she was about 6 or 7 and she didn't stop dancing. She wouldn't be seen dead there now at (nearly) 11 :thumbup:

Social source share

Aw they're so enthusiastic at that age..they hit 7 or 8 and it's all High School Musical and Rihanna :thumbup:

My little girl used to be so kee on soul music, I took her to an alldayer for a couple of hours at the Tower Ballroom when she was about 6 or 7 and she didn't stop dancing. She wouldn't be seen dead there now at (nearly) 11 :D

so true :) my 22 year old girl used to be very enthusiastic, often to be heard singing soul tunes while taking a bath :lol:

now the only interest she has is that i let her have George Carrow & Holly St James when i die - as a memory thing apparently :D

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Just wondering who is the youngest member on here who is into ns? And how you got into it? :)

Does "young at heart" count??? - otherwise I'm almost certainly disqualified.... :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest Mark Holmes

post-7970-1223427297_thumb.jpg post-7970-1223427514_thumb.jpg

She was about 3 and some at the time, her favorite record that week was "Giddy Up"

aka "Shake of that Dream...Give it up (Giddy Up) you got to let it go".

Reading her own copy of There's That Beat

Edited by Mark Holmes
Social source share

Not all of us, as a child I was surrounded by folk music, classical and soft rock! (do I still count as one of the 'younger lot', I'm am under 30? :) )

not sure if youre still one of the younger lot but i do know being into soul after growing up with soft rock you derserve a medal !! :yes::ohmy:

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

Not all of us, as a child I was surrounded by folk music, classical and soft rock! (do I still count as one of the 'younger lot', I'm am under 30? :lol: )

Sorry Rachel! :D I'd go with anyone 30 or under as the 'younger lot'...just imo of course!

I know your little brother, Ben, was asking when he could join... :(

Oh yeah, bless him. His favourite song is 'Johnny on the spot'. Expensive tastes my brother. Only 13 but he'll be on here as soon as he's old enough! yes.gif

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

You're as young as you feel or the person you're feeling...ok...so that makes me older :Dlaugh.gif:lol:

:(

Aah but she looks younger than you! :huh:

I wonder who the oldest person on here is? :huh:

Social source share

You're as young as you feel or the person you're feeling...ok...so that makes me older

Honestly...I leave you alone for five minutes! :rolleyes::D

Aah but she looks younger than you! :yes:

:( I love you too Kylee!

Haha you're right...but shave my beard and I look around 12 :D

That must be my secret! :D:)

Social source share

There was a young lad who Dj'd at wellingborough who i would have thought was on here.

Cracking youg DJ.

I thought i was young at 21 but guess not.

Social source share

There was a young lad who Dj'd at wellingborough who i would have thought was on here.

Cracking youg DJ.

I thought i was young at 21 but guess not.

what wellingborough do you on about mate coz iv DJ'd at we got soul...matter of fact its on this friday but i ain't on there just showing my face :thumbsup:

21 still young isn't it ?!? lol

Brett

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

I'm not sure whether I'd like my offspring to become "soulies" I think I would find it a little disconcerting.

Perhaps that's the day that every parent dreads, when their youngest walks in and proclaims that he or she wants to spend their weekends in baggy trousers whilst spinning like a catherine wheel.

"Oh dear, why couldn't you just have been a one legged gimp in a Soho brothel like your brother."

No offence intended. :thumbsup:

Edited by Richard Bergman
Social source share

I'm not sure whether I'd like my offspring to become "soulies" I think I would find it a little disconcerting.

Perhaps that's the day that every parent dreads, when their youngest walks in and proclaims that he or she wants to spend their weekends in baggy trousers whilst spinning like a catherine wheel.

"Oh dear, why couldn't you just have been a one legged gimp in a Soho brothel like your brother."

No offence intended. :thumbsup:

duplicate

Edited by Reg
Social source share

Rachel Forbes @ 9 months (She's now 18 months and her tastes are more expensive) :D

OMG, you let your child near your records... :D

The first thing we taught our children (and now our grand children)...Do NOT go near the records.

Never bothered saying, don't go near the cooker, they could find that out for themselves... :thumbsup: ... laugh.gif

Social source share

OMG, you let your child near your records... :no:

The first thing we taught our children (and now our grand children)...Do NOT go near the records.

:D:lol: Yep i'd say that was responsible parenting!!!!!!

Never bothered saying, don't go near the cooker, they could find that out for themselves... :thumbup: ... :lol:

Deffo agree with that.... :yes:

anyhow let me introduce ya all to another yong Northern soul member..this chap will tell ya in depth...just how he has grown up on the music.....in this picture ..he is nearly 10 ..this is he and his slighty older big sister :lol: ....ahem...Delxxxx

post-2260-1223494358_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Deffo agree with that.... :lol:

anyhow let me introduce ya all to another yong Northern soul member..this chap will tell ya in depth...just how he has grown up on the music.....in this picture ..he is nearly 10 ..this is he and his slighty older big grandmother :thumbup: ....ahem...Delxxxx

post-2260-1223494358_thumb.jpg

Social source share

What a cutie, though i think Sonny Croasdell edges it...he's 4 months old i think. :yes:

Having some great fun at the moment telling Helens mum that her grandaughter is gonna be called Tamla... she says Tamla Anderton is like a poor mans Pamla Anderson!!

Ok...Aretha, Marva, Patranella...I have a new one every week and she bites every time!

I am 39, got into the music via my Dads records aged 13/14....he used to go to the Wheel!!

Chris.

Social source share

No offence intended. :D

Many of your postings make me laugh out loud :D ... :D ...

Get spinning mate, it takes away the blues and all other functions too :yes:

The only children near my tunes are ones at the Middleton/ Hideaway after parties :lol:

Does mental age count on this topic...

Social source share

Guest KEN-SOUL

hes a bit gorgeous

we're you working away from home around the time of conception :g:

i wonder who will win the zimmer frame run?! ive heard the kid is quite fast! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert