Frankie Valli On Tamla Motown?

i just bought a copy of the frankie valli number the night on tamla motown. i found this a little strange as i have only ever seen it on the uk realeased mowest label and a different version on the album 'inside me'. I was wondering if anyone knew if the tamla motown copy is more scare or why the night was released on 2 sub labels in the same year? if anyone could tell me anything it would be very much appriciated. theres probably a simple answer but i havent the knowledge of the usual forum goers and any info would be great.

cheers, Daniel.

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

i just bought a copy of the frankie valli number the night on tamla motown. i found this a little strange as i have only ever seen it on the uk realeased mowest label and a different version on the album 'inside me'. I was wondering if anyone knew if the tamla motown copy is more scare or why the night was released on 2 sub labels in the same year? if anyone could tell me anything it would be very much appriciated. theres probably a simple answer but i havent the knowledge of the usual forum goers and any info would be great.

cheers, Daniel.

What's the label number on TM? Originally released in 1972 on MoWest 3002 (which bombed) then re-issued in 1975 on same MoWest cat. No. due to popular plays as far as I know.

steve

Social source share

What's the label number on TM? Originally released in 1972 on MoWest 3002 (which bombed) then re-issued in 1975 on same MoWest cat. No. due to popular plays as far as I know.

steve

It hasn't got a TM number. It's numbered MW3024 but still pressed on a tamla motown 45 with one of those pop out centres...though the centre is still intact. what'd ya think?

Social source share

steve

original mowest uk was 3002 later issue was 3024.

Social source share

you could well be right but there is no indication of being anything other than a UK pressing. it was manufactored in the uk...if it did come in picture sleeve than i missed out...sadly.

Actually I doubt it now. I posted same time as yours about the push out middle. Not likely to be European then. Mind you I've just spotted your user name - it's not an Australian copy is it?

Social source share

:unsure:ph34r.gif Hi guys, from what ive been told its a british copy.but will check more,n let you no.

my mate has a copy,bin afta it for ages,hopefully do him a swop.

never seen a pic cover for it tho. regards........

Actually I doubt it now. I posted same time as yours about the push out middle. Not likely to be European then. Mind you I've just spotted your user name - it's not an Australian copy is it?

Social source share

In Australia, "The Night" by Franki Valli & the 4 Seasons was released three times, once on black Aussie Tamla-Motown and on two separate issues on Aussie Mowest, one of which must be stupidly rare, as I have only ever seen the one copy ... mine.

Edited by sunnysoul
Social source share

cheers, Daniel.

That is a late UK Reissue. Remember it coming out.

The first UK was Mowest 3002, it was reissued, on Mowest 3024, mid 70's, to satisfy 'Northern' demand... and the Black Tamla Motown came out some years later when the Mowest logo was truly canned, but keeping the 3024 Catalogue number.

Never around in great quantity.

Also out in Holland as Black Tamla Motown, at the same time, with pic cover.

Never released as a US Mowest issue!

:unsure:

Sean

Social source share

Guest EType69

exellent, thanks for that. I wish I could find an australian copy. I'm not sure how well the night did in OZ and the records must be scare as sin. The tamla motown copy i just bought was 6 pounds so hopefully it was a good buy...certainly a great song...what a cracking intro.

Reminds me of a mate who bought Frank Wilson on Australian Tamla Motown.....said he thought it was an ab-origanal!! whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Strange that Sisters Love "Learning To Trust My Man" was also released in the UK but not in the States, huh?

(If only EMI had been as sharp with the rest of the Motown catalogue, instead of endless re-issues of "Baby Love" and "What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted" et.al.) :rolleyes:

Social source share

That is a late UK Reissue. Remember it coming out.

The first UK was Mowest 3002, it was reissued, on Mowest 3024, mid 70's, to satisfy 'Northern' demand... and the Black Tamla Motown came out some years later when the Mowest logo was truly canned, but keeping the 3024 Catalogue number.

Never around in great quantity.

Also out in Holland as Black Tamla Motown, at the same time, with pic cover.

Never released as a US Mowest issue!

:rolleyes:

Sean

Totally correct, just to add it was rereleased in 1983 as I remember it coming into the record shop I was doing work experience in

at the time. I think it was down the demand on the scootering scene at that time it was a massive rally tune back then.

Cheers Darren

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert