Rugby Soul Club - All-niter

Dave Rimmer has kindly agreed to join us as resident DJ... :thumbsup:

Last all-niter of 2008

Benn Hall, Newbold Road, Rugby, Warks.CV21 2LQ.

8pm - 6am - 10 solid hours of soul.

Two rooms playing classic northern, rare 6T's, crossover and modern.

"Main Room" - Molly, Matt Smart, Brett Smith, Rob Smith, Dave Rimmer, James Trouble.

"Freestyle Room" - Clanger, Ganche, Gaz Lees, Phil Shields, James Trouble, Winsford Steve.

£8 before 9pm...£10 after 9pm

Contact 01788 541516 or 07817732468

Large sprung wooden dance floor.

Record dealers welcome.

Large car park.

Capacity 360.

Late bar.

web-site: Rugby Soul Club

E-mail: rugbysoulclub@hotmail.com

Edited by Rugby Soul Club
  • Replies 173
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Dave Rimmer has kindly agreed to join us as resident DJ... :thumbsup:

Last all-niter of 2008

"Main Room" - Adam, Molly, Matt Smart, Brett Smith, Rob Smith, Dave Rimmer, James Trouble.

"Freestyle Room" - Clanger, Mark Dancer, Roger Jackson, Gaz Lees, James Trouble, Winsford Steve.

Record dealers welcome.

Large car park.

Capacity 360.

Late bar.

NIce one...Mr Rimmer... :lol: hopefully cya there.,.another dreaded 13th on that night...Delxxxxx

will have a go at bobbing down...

BUT

it will all depend on a. if I can get a lift

and b. how I feel after Wilton as its the night before

oh and C. if Michael gives me permission to play out with the girls from Rugby of course :thumbsup:

Oh bloody hell.....................I'm goona be in such big trouble! :rolleyes:

Celyn's got her dance exam on 9th, just been told by her teacher she has to be there by 9.15am and I've arranged for a friend to french plait her hair before..............

That means getting to her house for 8.30 :ohmy::yes::(

I'll have to sneek away from the door at 1pmish....................do you think Sian'll notice :g::D

Guest Mrs Simsy

HE MAY HAVE SALFORD PROTECTION INC WITH HIM :rolleyes:

Yeah!!!!! :D

Oh bloody hell.....................I'm goona be in such big trouble! :ohmy:

Celyn's got her dance exam on 9th, just been told by her teacher she has to be there by 9.15am and I've arranged for a friend to french plait her hair before..............

That means getting to her house for 8.30 :g::yes::ohmy:

I'll have to sneek away from the door at 1pmish....................do you think Sian'll notice :g::(

:ohmy:

We've got a big family meal the next day as well in memory of my grandad. 28 of us sitting down to dinner the day after a nighter! :yes:

:ohmy:

Thats Irish Catholics for you! :no: We're going to a pub thats opening especially for us apparently! :D

do they know what theyre letting themselves in for? :shades: cant wait - i may be the one propped up in the corner with my eyes drawn on my lids :( cos Im determined to get on that floor this time, and I always suffer after Ruggers. :wicked:

I shall be making an appearance again after the last most excellent offering...see you all there...looking forward to it thumbsup.gif

PS. If anyone is going down from Manchester in the car can they let me know? Otherwise it's the train for me!

Edited by Beeks

I shall be making an appearance again after the last most excellent offering...see you all there...looking forward to it thumbsup.gif

PS. If anyone is going down from Manchester in the car can they let me know? Otherwise it's the train for me!

Be lovely to see you again.

Me finks Chris and Carlos may be a wandering down (bearsoul on here) but always worth a post in lifts.

But do you know where you live this time... :thumbup:

Me finks Chris and Carlos may be a wandering down (bearsoul on here) but always worth a post in lifts.

Post in Lifts? I'm confused now!? Is there a thread for lifts?

But do you know where you live this time... :thumbup:

Har Har rolleyes.gif:shhh::sleep3:

Count us in from Sarf Larndon! Really really really enjoyed the last one. It's Angela's birthday on Sun 9th so she will be legless (again). Believe we may be tempting some timid Brighton folk along with us too, so be gentle with them...

Some of the girls will be at Southport that weekend and are gutted to be missing it. Sian, they want to know if you can set up a webcam so they can watch on their phones and be with us in spirit during their chalet breaks? no.gif

Theresa x

Count us in from Sarf Larndon! Really really really enjoyed the last one. It's Angela's birthday on Sun 9th so she will be legless (again). Believe we may be tempting some timid Brighton folk along with us too, so be gentle with them...

Some of the girls will be at Southport that weekend and are gutted to be missing it. Sian, they want to know if you can set up a webcam so they can watch on their phones and be with us in spirit during their chalet breaks? :thumbup:

Theresa x

i was gonna set up a webcam but thought no-one would watch it..... live soul - look at all your mates having a great time without you.. laugh.gif il do some video clips tho..

i was gonna set up a webcam but thought no-one would watch it.....

Sure you'd get lots of people watching, depending on what you're doing of course wicked.gif:thumbup:

Looking forward to another top night at Rugby....Sian, could you save me a sales table please?

Adam.

Really Cant Wait For This One biggrin.gif

Was Out With The Flyers Last Night @ 100 Club :D

Got Some New Stuff To Play As Well So Be Good To Hear Them Through A Good Sound System & Not My Little Speakers In My Room laugh.gif haha

Look Forward To Seeing You Their For My "BIG ROOM" debut!!

Cheers

'Young Brett'

You'll be great Brett - just get up there and do what you do... looking forward to hearing you.. :lol:

can i do the early spot again as i missed it last time?

:unsure: ...Quite enjoy setting up to some tunage... :lol:

Got Some New Stuff To Play As Well So Be Good To Hear Them Through A Good Sound System & Not My Little Speakers In My Room

Talking of good sound systems, we were plagued last time with an intermittent noise over the speakers (no it wasn't Dave farting).

Rather than leave it to the management who wouldn't realise just how important the sound quality is, we have employed a sound company to come in this Saturday to get it sorted.

They will also be there for the all-niter just in-case... :rolleyes:

Talking of good sound systems, we were plagued last time with an intermittent noise over the speakers (no it wasn't Dave farting).

Rather than leave it to the management who wouldn't realise just how important the sound quality is, we have employed a sound company to come in this Saturday to get it sorted.

They will also be there for the all-niter just in-case... :unsure:

That is excellent news Sian :rolleyes: . The last night was brilliant and the only thing that wasn't near perfect was that noise you mentioned......and the sound company should sort that out! Have to say it's great to see a promoter taking on board comments and then coming up with the perfect solution :lol: . It's why Rugby is such a great event and really is becoming an unmissable night :lol: . Oh and getting Mr Rimmer joining the resident DJ set up is good news as well....got to be honest and say that IMO Dave has really gone up a level in the last 6 months, always enjoyed his sets in the past as he's a great DJ but the last 3 or 4 times I've heard him play he's been awesome :lol: . Can't put my finger on whats different but it just seems that he's getting better every time I hear him.......but don't tell anyone I'm being nice to him, it'll spoil a good years worth of winding him up :lol: .

That is excellent news Sian :rolleyes: . The last night was brilliant and the only thing that wasn't near perfect was that noise you mentioned......and the sound company should sort that out! Have to say it's great to see a promoter taking on board comments and then coming up with the perfect solution :lol: . It's why Rugby is such a great event and really is becoming an unmissable night :lol: . Oh and getting Mr Rimmer joining the resident DJ set up is good news as well....got to be honest and say that IMO Dave has really gone up a level in the last 6 months, always enjoyed his sets in the past as he's a great DJ but the last 3 or 4 times I've heard him play he's been awesome :lol: . Can't put my finger on whats different but it just seems that he's getting better every time I hear him.......but don't tell anyone I'm being nice to him, it'll spoil a good years worth of winding him up :unsure: .

Ha ha, Thanks Adam, that means I'm due to have a shocker soon :lol:

Dave Rimmer has kindly agreed to join us as resident DJ... :rolleyes:

Last all-niter of 2008

"Main Room" - Adam, Molly, Matt Smart, Brett Smith, Rob Smith, Dave Rimmer, James Trouble.

"Freestyle Room" - Clanger, Mark Dancer, Roger Jackson, Gaz Lees, James Trouble, Winsford Steve.

Record dealers welcome.

Large car park.

Capacity 360.

Late bar.

Sian and the gang cant wait for the next Nighter esp as i get to play a few in the free style room. But you will have to be gentle with me, you know with me been a shy and quiet type of person :lol::unsure:

Steve

Ha ha, Thanks Adam, that means I'm due to have a shocker soon :unsure:

My pleasure Dave....and don't you worry about having a shocker because when you do I'll be the one taking the p*ss and laughing :lol: . Well I can't be nice all the time :rolleyes: .

Sian and the gang cant wait for the next Nighter esp as i get to play a few in the free style room. But you will have to be gentle with me, you know with me been a shy and quiet type of person :lol::unsure:

Steve

Hi Steve, only just seen your name on the DJ line up in the freestyle room! Will make sure I'm in the freestyle to have a listen to your spot, you always play some great stuff when we double deck at Winsford :lol: . Will be good to catch up as well, plus I've got a copy of that Jesse Johnson 45 for you....tis free of charge as well :rolleyes:

Hi Steve, only just seen your name on the DJ line up in the freestyle room! Will make sure I'm in the freestyle to have a listen to your spot, you always play some great stuff when we double deck at Winsford :lol: . Will be good to catch up as well, plus I've got a copy of that Jesse Johnson 45 for you....tis free of charge as well :rolleyes:

Adam. your to kind ........Blushing now. Always great to catch up mate. I had forgotten what you said about the Jessie Johnson tune. Top man :unsure:

Steve

i was gonna set up a webcam but thought no-one would watch it..... live soul - look at all your mates having a great time without you.. :lol:

Can we have a reciprocal link with Southport so we can have Chantel's chalet shuffling projected onto a screen above the stage? On second thoughts, as Dru will have turned their chalet into a ferret's nest of discarded underwear and accessories, maybe not such a good idea, she could break her legs...

Thanks Ganche...will be good to see you and the crew again too...and yeah Gail will be in tow biggrin.gif

I didnt realise it was a 3 legged race.... :lol: I'm looking forward to this as I haven't had a dance for a while and I really enjoyed Rob Smith's very early morning (6-7?) slot at the last Lifeline. Bring it on! :D x

Guest mrallsorts

Really Cant Wait For This One biggrin.gif

Was Out With The Flyers Last Night @ 100 Club :rolleyes:

Got Some New Stuff To Play As Well So Be Good To Hear Them Through A Good Sound System & Not My Little Speakers In My Room laugh.gif haha

Look Forward To Seeing You Their For My "BIG ROOM" debut!!

Cheers

'Young Brett'

Hi Brett! Gonna get to this one! :yes: As you know I rarely get to go out on a social one as I'm either djing or supplying sound system somewhere or other, but It so happens that I'm supplying sound for the soul do in n'pton that night but should be packed up and be out of there by 2.am and since rugby's up the road from npton AND an ALLNIGHTER!.......Hope I get to see you play! Be great to hear Molly too!

Is Your Mum n Steve gonna be there....hope so...xx

Guest Mrs Simsy

Cake and fine wine! :lol:

Ooh cake & wine, what more could a girl want? :lol:

Cool. This is one of the best, a really friendly welcome from Sian and the crew; hope to see you next week... had a great time at the last one.

Be nice to see you there. :rolleyes:

Source Advert