• Replies 16
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Spooky....

Stuck in tonight as my Wife's working so thought I would dig out an old record box from our Wigan days to have a look-see what I'd got.....

Some of this Vinyl hasn't seen the light of day for 30 years and I'd forgot she'd wrote Lots of "youthfull" stuff over the sleeves - which made me giggle, was less impressed with the fact she'd wrote on the labels as well... laugh.gif

Social source share

Anybody remember John Vincent's sleeves?

Very cool.

Macca

He did them originally with Artist, title and "JEV" on them, then turned to just the artist in bold blue letters at the top. Very neat tidy and cool as you say.. I did try to copy them in black, but they never quite looked the same :thumbsup:

Social source share

He did them originally with Artist, title and "JEV" on them, then turned to just the artist in bold blue letters at the top. Very neat tidy and cool as you say.. I did try to copy them in black, but they never quite looked the same :thumbsup:

Heyup Steve,

I'm sure I've at least one of his with the artist and title etc. written in that 'long letters' style which looks correct when you read it at an angle - such as from the top view of a record box.

But looks kind of long and thin when seen face on - if you get my drift.

I'll have a look out and see if I can find one to add to the 'collection' rolleyes.gif

Social source share

Here you go, Mr Vincent's 'artwork':

post-5094-1228259907_thumb.jpg

It's a right riot is this one! :thumbsup:

If anyone is curious as to what the E in JEV stood for on John Vincent's sleeves , it is for EDWARD .........

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert