Winsford Nighter. 7th Feb

Forget what Pete :ohmy: Oh i remember the last EVER Winsford niter :ohmy: Just a week to go to what promises to be a totally awesome night. Been diggin deep into the play box ( for a change ) to bring back some real feel good oldies that just want to make you dance with a big :D on your face. Just a pity that i,ve only got 30mins :( to play em all in. May have to have a game of spot the intro to fit them all in that i want to play :P

Steve

Just to let everyone know thats going Winsford on Sat. There will be a collection by the lovely JELLYBEAN for the SOUL FOR HEROES. Any donation will be more than welcome as its for such a deserving cause.

Steve

• Replies 105
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

South Cheshire Soul Club

Winsford Civic Centre

Dene Drive

Winsford

Cheshire

CW7 1AX

DJ,s

Steve Smith / Little Sammy

Mark & Chico

Gary Beattie/ Al Salz

Roger Banks

Mick Lyons / Little Scotty

Bob Hinsley

Dave Evison / Nige Brown

Steve Thomas / Wazz

Rob Smith

Sam Moore

£10 gets you in. Large secure carpark. The best dance floor anywhere in the country.

Steve

======

really looking forward to this now...........

Just to let everyone know thats going Winsford on Sat. There will be a collection by the lovely JELLYBEAN for the SOUL FOR HEROES. Any donation will be more than welcome as its for such a deserving cause.

Steve

Lets dig deep then everyone when i come round with me bucket :ohmy: Thanks Steve!! :ohmy:

Edited by JELLYBEAN

I remember going to Winsford to an all-nighter in 1979, will be so sad to see it close 30 years later !!

I can only remember it from when the brothers Hollander started them about 14 years back. Dont think i knew where Winsford was in 79, Started fishing the bottom flash in the 80,s along with the river weaver, still fish them both now.

Steve

Edited by Winsford Soul
Guest calgary soulies

We might have to dig a bit deeper with all this snow about tongue.gif

Steve

HI Ste, not long now hope we won"t be snowed in living here in this tropical country we aren"t used to it any way no amount of snow will stop us we are on our way ..xx

looking forward to my first and last visit :D:D to Winsford especially looking forward to the 2 welsh lads Steve and Wazz :thumbup:

Andrew, can you borrow a jcb from work to go to winsford on saturday, make a few bob digging out stranded motorists on the way, i dont mind sitting in the bucket, as long as we get there cos its gonna be a top night

wazz.

Guest andrew bin

Andrew, can you borrow a jcb from work to go to winsford on saturday, make a few bob digging out stranded motorists on the way, i dont mind sitting in the bucket, as long as we get there cos its gonna be a top night

wazz.

theres a spare one in the yard diesel'd up and ready thumbsup.gif i think tracie and lorraine should sit in the bucket :hypo:

Guest kev such

Looks like we are gonna take a trip up for this one. Annoyed its the last one and its gonna be our first time up. Sat nav is all programmed so speed on Saturday.

Kev and Karen

HI Ste, not long now hope we won"t be snowed in living here in this tropical country we aren"t used to it any way no amount of snow will stop us we are on our way ..xx

Rob. It will be like you never left Canada mate. Only joking the snow has almost gone so it wont be a problem. Cant wait to see you and the LOVELY Julie. Have a safe journey and be lucky.

Steve

I can only remember it from when the brothers Hollander started them about 14 years back. Dont think i knew where Winsford was in 79, Started fishing the bottom flash in the 80,s along with the river weaver, still fish them both now.

Steve

Hey Steve,

Does this make me the one member on Soul Source who has been going to Winsford the longest ?, cant say I'm waiting for the weekend knowing it's the last one :-(, but looking forward to giving winsford a good send off

Rgds D

Rob. It will be like you never left Canada mate. Only joking the snow has almost gone so it wont be a problem. Cant wait to see you and the LOVELY Julie. Have a safe journey and be lucky.

Steve

Think you spoke too soon Steve. smile.gif

Can anyone remind me which junction this one's on?. (Is it the same as Middlewich)

I So need a sat nav!

See you there. :unsure:

Jayne.x.

Hello Jayne

Its Junction 18

Its easy to find hun,,, il expain at Prestwich tomorrow nite hun!

Nige B x

Deal. :yes: - I'll come and find you and remind you.

Thanks

Jayne.x

Modern room. ohmy.gif How very dare you swear on this thread :ohmy:

Steve

Hey, I miss the Winsford modern room. It was an essential part of the calendar when John Kane and Tony Dawber used to DJ in there. :lol:

See you tomorrow.

Jayne.x

HI ALL,JUST BACK FROM PEMBROKSHIRE HOLIDAY 4&1/2 HR. DRIVE NO PROBLEMS ON THE ROADS SO EVERYTHING SHOULD BE OK FOR WINSFORD.GOT A MESSAGE FROM THE PEOPLE WHO RUN RUGBY SAYING SOMEONE HAVING A GO AT THEM FOR CLASHING,WE DON,T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS BECAUSE THEY HAD ALREADY BOOKED IT AND WE ALSO HAD NO CHOICE SO PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS ANY PROBLEMS HAVE THE DECENCY TO TALK TO THE PEOPLE FIRST TO AT LEAST GET THE REASONS,I,M SURE GIVEN A CHOICE THEY WOULD NOT RUN AGAINST THE LAST WINSFORD.AND BY THE WAY I THINK AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE THERE ARE ENOUGH SOULIES TO FILL BOTH VENUES SO I HOPE THEY DO ALRIGHT AS WELL AS US.

SEE YOU TOMORROW SAM MOORE

Forget what Pete :lol: Oh i remember the last EVER Winsford niter :lol: Just a week to go to what promises to be a totally awesome night. Been diggin deep into the play box ( for a change ) to bring back some real feel good oldies that just want to make you dance with a big :D on your face. Just a pity that i,ve only got 30mins :lol: to play em all in. May have to have a game of spot the intro to fit them all in that i want to play :lol:

Steve

Oh fcuk it--thats swung it , see ya there then :lol: Lets give it a biiiiiiiiiggggggggg send off thumbup.gif

HI ALL,JUST BACK FROM PEMBROKSHIRE HOLIDAY 4&1/2 HR. DRIVE NO PROBLEMS ON THE ROADS SO EVERYTHING SHOULD BE OK FOR WINSFORD.GOT A MESSAGE FROM THE PEOPLE WHO RUN RUGBY SAYING SOMEONE HAVING A GO AT THEM FOR CLASHING,WE DON,T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS BECAUSE THEY HAD ALREADY BOOKED IT AND WE ALSO HAD NO CHOICE SO PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS ANY PROBLEMS HAVE THE DECENCY TO TALK TO THE PEOPLE FIRST TO AT LEAST GET THE REASONS,I,M SURE GIVEN A CHOICE THEY WOULD NOT RUN AGAINST THE LAST WINSFORD.AND BY THE WAY I THINK AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE THERE ARE ENOUGH SOULIES TO FILL BOTH VENUES SO I HOPE THEY DO ALRIGHT AS WELL AS US.

Well said Sam. As you know, I'd be there if I could, I did the very first DJ spot at the very first niter, so it would have been nice to be there for the very last niter as well. Have a good one thumbsup.gif

Nice to have you back Sam. I had already set the record straight mate on the other thread but from the horses mouth is even better. Not that your a horse or anything :lol: .

Steve

Well said Sam. As you know, I'd be there if I could, I did the very first DJ spot at the very first niter, so it would have been nice to be there for the very last niter as well. Have a good one :lol:

Dave. We will miss you mate. If it would have been possible, but we all understand. Have a great night and take no prisoners. :ohmy:

PS We got no snow up here so anyone thinking about travelling but maybe put off by the weather. You dont need to worry. Hope that statement isnt going to come back and bite me on the arse.

Steve

Edited by Winsford Soul

Really sad I never made it to Winsford, going to stay in cos of the dodgey leg + weather, but wishing all of you, especially my bestest ever soul buddie, Mr Beattie, all the best morrow night and hope to see some of you at Prestatyn :lol:

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie

Really sad I never made it to Winsford, going to stay in cos of the dodgey leg, but wishing all of you, especially my bestest ever soul buddie, Mr Beattie, all the best morrow night and hope to see some of you at Prestatyn :lol:

QoFxx

Chrissie. What a shame you cant make it. Gary ( Gay ) Beattie. Do you remember when i miss spelt his name and you was the only one that noticed :ohmy: We will look after him not to gently but we will.

Steve

Well, I hope this is a fantastic night and that Winsford gets the send-off party it deserves. Has been one of my fave nighters for some time and totally gutted that due to illness I can't make it :lol::ohmy::g: . Not up to making the journey, let alone a full night of fun and frolics!

Steve, Sam and everyone else involved.......have a bloody great night :lol: .

Adam.

Chrissie. What a shame you cant make it. Gary ( Gay ) Beattie. Do you remember when i miss spelt his name and you was the only one that noticed :D We will look after him not to gently but we will.

Steve

:D:D

Well tell "Gay" from me if he doesn't behave and get well I will post the dodgy photo of him in Aunty Des's stylish white russian style hat on the front page of Soul Source :D I am sure mike will oblige wink.gif

QoFxx

Well, I hope this is a fantastic night and that Winsford gets the send-off party it deserves. Has been one of my fave nighters for some time and totally gutted that due to illness I can't make it :lol::D:( . Not up to making the journey, let alone a full night of fun and frolics!

Steve, Sam and everyone else involved.......have a bloody great night thumbup.gif .

Adam.

Thanks Adam. You will be missed mate. But health more important.

Steve

Oh fcuk it--thats swung it , see ya there then :( Lets give it a biiiiiiiiiggggggggg send off :D

Bravo Sam - top promotor & top guy. thumbsup.gif

I've Just found £20 in my jeans back pocket..seconds before they hit the washing machine.

Fantastic! I'm definately going now. :lol:

Not been this excited about a niter in ages.

Jayne.x

GETTING CALLS TO SEE IF WINSFORD IS STILL ON YES IT IS THE ROADS ARE NO PROBLEM DID 260 MILES FROM SOUTH WALES YESTERDAY WITHOUT ANY HOLD UP,ALSO NICE TO SEE POSITIVE REMARKS ABOUT 2 NIGHTERS CLASHING INSTEAD OF BACKSTABBING,SO GETTING READY FOR TONIGHT NOT FILLED WITH SADNESS BUT HAPPY WINSFORD IS GOING OUT ON A HIGH WHEN DOING WELL NOT ON IT,S KNEES LIKE IT WAS GETTING BEFORE DAVE,GARY,ZARA,LOU AND STEVE JOINED FORCES WITH MYSELF AND JEANETTE AND GOT IT BACK UP,SO FROM ME TO THE AFORE MENTIONED A BIG THANK YOU.

TONIGHT LETS PARTY SAM MOORE

SOUTH WALES WEATHER IS GOOD NO PROBLEMS ON THE ROADS AS YET , CAR, RECORDS, AND PASSENGERS SORTED COUPLE OF HOURS THEN HIT THE ROAD, ITS GONNA BE A GOOD ONE TONIGHT SO LETS GO FOR IT

WAZZ.

GETTING CALLS TO SEE IF WINSFORD IS STILL ON YES IT IS THE ROADS ARE NO PROBLEM DID 260 MILES FROM SOUTH WALES YESTERDAY WITHOUT ANY HOLD UP,ALSO NICE TO SEE POSITIVE REMARKS ABOUT 2 NIGHTERS CLASHING INSTEAD OF BACKSTABBING,SO GETTING READY FOR TONIGHT NOT FILLED WITH SADNESS BUT HAPPY WINSFORD IS GOING OUT ON A HIGH WHEN DOING WELL NOT ON IT,S KNEES LIKE IT WAS GETTING BEFORE DAVE,GARY,ZARA,LOU AND STEVE JOINED FORCES WITH MYSELF AND JEANETTE AND GOT IT BACK UP,SO FROM ME TO THE AFORE MENTIONED A BIG THANK YOU.

Its been a privelge and a honour to have been involved Sam . Cant wait for tonight. Infact got guests arriving very soon. Meal, Champange, Getting in the mood just thinking about it. WINSFORD gonna be a big thing.

Steve

South Cheshire Soul Club

Winsford Civic Centre

Dene Drive

Winsford

Cheshire

CW7 1AX

DJ,s

Steve Smith / Little Sammy

Mark & Chico

Gary Beattie/ Al Salz

Roger Banks

Mick Lyons / Little Scotty

Bob Hinsley

Dave Evison / Nige Brown

Steve Thomas / Wazz

Rob Smith

Sam Moore

£10 gets you in. Large secure carpark. The best dance floor anywhere in the country.

Steve

WHERE EVER YOU GO TONIGHT, BE IT WINSFORD, RUGBY OR A SOUL NIGHT HAVE A FAB TIME AND A SAFE JOURNEY

Steve

Yes very encouraging and a credit to promoters and punters from both venues.Its about folks intent on having a great time no more no less.

Glass half full and not half empty thumbup.gif

and may my glass been more than half full tonight :D . See ya later and keep warm!

Yes very encouraging and a credit to promoters and punters from both venues.Its about folks intent on having a great time no more no less.

Glass half full and not half empty thumbup.gif

and may my glass been more than half full tonight :D . See ya later and keep warm!

==

ill be there 2nite jez...hopefully have a chat mate...mark

Source Advert