Not Had A Natter About Watches For A While

Guest Trevski

On 29/04/2020 at 12:20, Veedub said:

Picked this 1960s Russian watch up. A Raketa Atom. 21 jewels  Space age/atomic design.  lovely patination on the champagne face. Works perfect.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

I once read an interesting booklet about Russian/Soviet watchmaking. They used to buy clapped out Swiss watch making equipment (actually bartering with oil, wheat, coal, etc.) to get their industry kick started. 

Social source share

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Nice frugal came in. Bulova Lunar Pilot - a homage to the Apollo space mission where astronaut Dave Scott had to replace his non-functioning Omega provided by NASA with his own personal Bulova whilst in space. It worked perfectly.

Whilst this will cost you 400 quid or so, the original Dave Scott watch sold recently for $1.6M 

Bulova.jpg

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 22/03/2024 at 16:04, Billy Jo Jim Bob said:

Nice frugal came in. Bulova Lunar Pilot - a homage to the Apollo space mission where astronaut Dave Scott had to replace his non-functioning Omega provided by NASA with his own personal Bulova whilst in space. It worked perfectly.

Whilst this will cost you 400 quid or so, the original Dave Scott watch sold recently for $1.6M 

Bulova.jpg

I bought one of these a couple of years ago, looks a more expensive watch than £400+. I wear mine quite often (wearing it now actually).

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 24/03/2024 at 09:39, Wicked said:

I bought one of these a couple of years ago, looks a more expensive watch than £400+. I wear mine quite often (wearing it now actually).

Yes I bought the one with the military strap, but then decided to pimp it up with a nice quality Hirsch strap. 

watch.JPG

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!