Kent Soul Club

With resident DJs

Bunny and Magoo

and special guests

Steve Guarnori,and local legend Jo Wallace

8.00-2.00 £5.00 otd.

The Royal Function Rooms, Rochester, Kent. ME1 1XB

Details Magoo 07884 057557

This is a top night and is genuinely across the board, so expect to hear mouldy oldies, upfront sounds and all stops in between. One of the last top quality venues that hasn't been ripped down or ruined in the South East.

You know it makes sense!

Edited by Neil Marsh
  • Replies 32
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest kent soul club

As the man says, right across the board on the old boards of this great old venue. This place was made for Northern Soul. Looking forward to seeing Jo grace the decks again, and Steve G's first visit to KSC.

It really does make sense!

The Royal Function Rooms

Star Hill

Rochester

ME1 1XB

8.00 - 2.00

£5.00 otd.

Anyone wanting B&B, The Kings Head at the other end of Rochester High Street do a good deal and are really nice people. Phone Paula 01634 831103.

Guest GingerDave

Hi martin with the line up you've got playing you would be MAD not to come for a top night of Soul looking forward to see all the Kent soul boys and girls see you next week mate

Hi martin with the line up you've got playing you would be MAD not to come for a top night of Soul looking forward to see all the Kent soul boys and girls see you next week mate

Oi Ginger One, trying to contact you to sort out transport over to the dark side next saturday....................answer your fone rolleyes.gif

Taff

Glad some of you Essex boys are making the trip over the Bridge on Saturday :thumbsup:

Steve, looks a cracking line up and whilst that may just be a bridge to you..........to us it's a portal into the dark side. From our side of the river we can see the primeval swamp dwellers going about their devil worshipping and human sacrifice, their Soul nights are great though :D

Taff

whilst that may just be a bridge to you..........to us it's a portal into the dark side. From our side of the river we can see the primeval swamp dwellers going about their devil worshipping and human sacrifice, :D

Taff

It might be a bridge going..... But, its a tunnel coming back :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Guest Pete Bennett

Oi Ginger One, trying to contact you to sort out transport over to the dark side next saturday....................answer your fone :unsure:

Taff

You stalking me just so you can go on about those b...dy toffees. :unsure:

Will be there Martin. Can't miss Jo as she is the one who reintroduced me many years ago at These Old Shoes. Reintroduced me to what you may ask? :unsure: But I wouldn't tell you. :D

It might be a bridge going..... But, its a tunnel coming back :lol::D:unsure:

And as we all know, there's light at the end of that tunnel, usually a flashing blue one in my case rolleyes.gif

Pete B, methinks I've exhausted every angle of our mutual interest in Everton, but who knows with your resident madman Mr Benitez in charge, what will happen by Saturday wink.gif

Taff

Kent Soul Club.......This is a top night and is genuinely across the board, so expect to hear mouldy oldies, upfront sounds and all stops in between. One of the last top quality venues that hasn't been ripped down or ruined in the South East. You know it makes sense!

..and you can even see the above, Neil Marsh, strutting his stuff......this should be good....

and with Jo Wallace, at the decks, this is going to be the beeeees.. shades.gif

Are you going to play some 70s/modern stuff Steve? I'm sure it'll go down well.

Hopefully, if Palace can turn Watford over earlier in the afternoon, it'll make for a great day.

Dunno what to play yet man.......the Rotations thing that Dave Thorley has out, but not yet packed anything else into the box at this point.......probably a mix, something for everyone - will think about what to bring saturday I guess.

I am coming down with Jo and Geoff Green......is there parking nearby?

Steve

Edited by Steve G
Guest saucy sister

Dunno what to play yet man.......the Rotations thing that Dave Thorley has out, but not yet packed anything else into the box at this point.......probably a mix, something for everyone - will think about what to bring saturday I guess.

Steve

There's plenty of parking nearby Steve... The road behind the venue has a car park, signed. Also free parking on the road if you drive up the hill to old office block....see you on Saturday

Sheila

There's plenty of parking nearby Steve... The road behind the venue has a car park, signed. Also free parking on the road if you drive up the hill to old office block....see you on Saturday

Sheila

Thanks :huh: Although I go to Chatham regularly with work, I haven't been to Rochester for years......Steve

WOW, has it really been 3 years?! Well done to Martin & Toni for keeping on, er..keeping on!

I originally thought I was playing in the midlands this week. I also thought I was going from that gig straight on to the 100 Club - so needless to say I'd totally fcukd my diary up! :shades: .

Not doing anything but enjoying myself now, so see you there guys.

- Kev.

Guest vinylvixen

You stalking me just so you can go on about those b...dy toffees. ph34r.gif

Can't miss Jo as she is the one who reintroduced me many years ago at These Old Shoes. Reintroduced me to what you may ask? :thumbsup: But I wouldn't tell you. :lol:

Oh behave laugh.gif It will be an absolute pleasure to be back in Rochester again....I might nip up City Way to see if the council have put that blue plaque up on the house where I was born biggrin.gif Sorting the records now and can't wait to see everyone....it's gonna be a BIG thing thumbup.gifthumbup.gif xxxx

Guest vinylvixen

Steve

Steve, you've got Miss Rochester 1973 in the passenger seat....don't you worry about finding parking... :thumbsup:

Source Advert