Melba Moore..standing Right Here...buddah

Been playing this track around the house last few day's, forgotten how good it was. Seem to remember Chris Anderton playing it down the Lea Manor ( Albrighton ) in the late 90's. A cracking track just right for the 70's / crossover revival we have at the moment.

If someone has an sound file of this please load it up for me....my p.c can't do it.

John

post-1187-1117025311_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 27
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Johnny One Trout

Been playing this track around the house last few day's, forgotten how good it was. Seem to remember Chris Anderton playing it down the Lea Manor ( Albrighton ) in the late 90's.  A cracking track just right for the 70's / crossover revival we have at the moment.

If someone has an sound file of this please load it up for me....my p.c can't do it.

John

link

Classic track John hardly a revival it's an anthem that's been played for years :D however i can't say as i have ever seen that Buddah label design before :D Funnily enough i pulled it out to play at Derby but it didn't really fit the night :ohmy:

Social source share

Classic track John hardly a revival it's an anthem that's been played for years  :D   however i can't say as i have ever seen that Buddah label design before  :D Funnily enough i pulled it out to play at Derby but it didn't really fit the night  :ohmy:

link

Seem to remember buying it off Chris Anderton for a fiver, when he was playing it, always loved it, great track. Didn't realise it was such an Anthem....nice to know.

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

i've been after a copy of this for a long time - like a lot of these disco/boogie choonz can't get one in nice condition

it was an old goldmine anthem (before you northern soulies started poachin things like this, stop and think, etc :D )

if anyone has a nice copy near-mint to sell, please let me know :ohmy:

Edited by woolie mark
Social source share

Been playing this track around the house last few day's, forgotten how good it was. Seem to remember Chris Anderton playing it down the Lea Manor ( Albrighton ) in the late 90's.  A cracking track just right for the 70's / crossover revival we have at the moment.

John

link

Here you go John

Social source share

Nice to hear you put the 12inch version on Pete - just forget the 7" & album version - long version reigns supreme. Big tune @ Family Tree gigs - an anthem.

Ebay has copies on quite regularly - between 30 & 40 quid now.

Social source share

Guest remus

A cracking track just right for the 70's / crossover revival we have at the moment.

Which 70's / crossover revival is this John? I'm still waiting for 70's and Crossover to catch on properly for the first time.

Jordi

link

Give this man a ciiiiiiigar! :D

Social source share

i've been after a copy of this for a long time - like a lot of these disco/boogie choonz can't get one in nice condition

it was an old goldmine anthem (before you northern soulies started poachin things like this, stop and think, etc :D )

if anyone has a nice copy near-mint to sell, please let me know :D

link

think i got an issue and a demo spare

how much u wanna spend

offline answer plz

Social source share

Anyone know an earlier Melba Moore Buddah side - The Way You Make Me Feel, Van McCoy production and a 1976 45? What an excellent tune!

Must agree though the 12 of Standing Right Here is THE version for the boogie crowd but I can see the shorter 7 gaining approval on the modern floors.

Social source share

Anyone know an earlier Melba Moore Buddah side - The Way You Make Me Feel, Van McCoy production and a 1976 45? What an excellent tune!

Must agree though the 12 of Standing Right Here is THE version for the boogie crowd but I can see the shorter 7 gaining approval on the modern floors.

link

It's always the 12" that I've heard played out at Modern do's.Maybe the 7" may appeal more to the crossover crowd :D

Cos they tend to like the little black shiny things more than the rambling 12"s :D

Cheers

Pete

Social source share

Crossover?

Nah, bluddy Disco this one mate.....

Extended Bongo Solos....... Pah.

Bring on the Sylvester while your at it.

link

:D:D:D

You're starting to sound like your avtar now :D

I hate garage/house but isn't Hardsoul feat'g Ron Carrol a really soulful tune I can play in the Northern rooms :D

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Nice to hear you put the 12inch version on Pete - just forget the 7" & album version - long version reigns supreme. Big tune @ Family Tree gigs - an anthem.

Ebay has copies on quite regularly - between 30 & 40 quid now.

link

The 12 is nice enough but give me the 7" mix any day, to be honest i'm always disapointed when the 12 gets played :D

Social source share

The 12 is nice enough but give me the 7" mix any day, to be honest i'm always disapointed when the 12 gets played  :D

link

It's got loads of bing bongs just like Jean Carne(was that all it was) and goes on for ages and ages,not like the 2 and a half minuters you spin :D:D

Edited by petebangor
Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

It's got loads of bing bongs just like Jean Carne(was that all it was) and goes on for ages and ages,not like the 2 and a half minuters you spin  :D   :D

link

Exactly Pete :D And don't tell anyone but i'm not a massive fan of JC's "Was That All It Was" either give me "My Love Don't Come Easy" anyday of the week :D

Pooo pooo and other related syndrum and cow bell noises :D

Social source share

Exactly Pete  :D And don't tell anyone but i'm not a massive fan of JC's "Was That All It Was" either give me "My Love Don't Come Easy" anyday of the week  :D

Pooo pooo and other related syndrum and cow bell noises :D

link

That is sacralige :D

Social source share

Sad replying to your own posts, but in the absence of anyone else, does anyone actually know this?

link

The Trouts have flicked thru the boxes and drawn a blank on this - so what is it and why dont you post up a sound file :D ?

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

See Trouty...the pervert in you need a night off methinks...

link

:lol::P:P:P Possibly the funniest thing you ever said next to "The next record is Annabell Caesar" :P

Social source share

Sad replying to your own posts, but in the absence of anyone else, does anyone actually know this?

link

The Trouts have flicked thru the boxes and drawn a blank on this - so what is it and why dont you post up a sound file  :lol:   ?

link

are we talking about

i got the power to make you happy

know it as a lp track, did it get 45 release as well?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert