United Sound Of Soul Saturday 30th May 2009

• Replies 197
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Thought we were on hols but no YIPEEEE. So see you all on sat the Northants Retrobates are on tour. Thanx for the directions will keep a look out for those cars, will know we are in the right place. STEVE P FROM CRANFIELD IS COMIN AND ITS HIS BIRTHDAY AROUND THEN SO ANOTHER GOOD REASON TO BUGGER ABOUT! HE GETS DOWN ON HIS BIRTHDAY BUT ITS LIKE I TOLD HIM AGE IS NOT RELEVANT.....UNLESS YOU ARE A CHEESE!!!!

See ya at the go-go Kimbo N Lisa.

Brill Kimbo looking foward to seeing you again.

Sharon

Guest SoulRenaissance

Thought we were on hols but no YIPEEEE. So see you all on sat the Northants Retrobates are on tour. Thanx for the directions will keep a look out for those cars, will know we are in the right place. STEVE P FROM CRANFIELD IS COMIN AND ITS HIS BIRTHDAY AROUND THEN SO ANOTHER GOOD REASON TO BUGGER ABOUT! HE GETS DOWN ON HIS BIRTHDAY BUT ITS LIKE I TOLD HIM AGE IS NOT RELEVANT.....UNLESS YOU ARE A CHEESE!!!!

See ya at the go-go Kimbo N Lisa.

Does that mean you're bringing the wife? And does that mean another party, being as you've just told us about Steve's birthday?

Oh by the way, nearly finished the Galliano off. So looks like the champagne?

Martyn

Does that mean you're bringing the wife? And does that mean another party, being as you've just told us about Steve's birthday?

Martyn

Hope your not drowning your sorrows for last nite still martyn...........

ANYWAY...... site up dated little add for soul renaissance magazine which will be available on the door at a princely sum of £5.00 inc a great cd......

Driving directions to Ablewell St, Walsall, WS1 2EL

South Bound

2.4 mi – about 6 mins

M6 Junction 10

Head west on M6 Junction 10 toward A454

0.2 mi

Continue straight onto A454/Wolverhampton Rd

Continue to follow Wolverhampton Rd

0.9 mi

Slight left at A4148/Blue Ln W

0.3 mi

Turn right at A4148/Ct Way

0.1 mi

Turn left at A4148/Stafford St

Continue to follow A4148

0.2 mi

Turn left at A4148/Littleton St W

0.3 mi

At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Lower Rushall St

0.4 mi

Turn left at Ablewell St

Destination will be on the left

262 ft Ablewell St, Walsall, WS1 2EL

North Bound

3.5 mi – about 10 mins

M6 Junction 7

Head west on Exit 7 toward Birmingham Rd

0.3 mi

Merge onto Birmingham Rd (signs for Walsall/A34)

0.2 mi

Slight left toward A34/Birmingham Rd

0.2 mi

Take the ramp onto A34/Birmingham Rd

Continue to follow Birmingham Rd

Go through 2 roundabouts

2.4 mi

At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Spring Hill Rd

0.1 mi

At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Ablewell St

308 ft

Turn right at Bott Ln

394 ft

Turn left at Union St

0.1 mi

Turn left at Wedge St

148 ft

Continue on Warewell St

305 ft

Turn left at Ablewell St

Destination will be on the left 262 ft Ablewell St, Walsall, WS1 2EL

Edited by munchkinette

South Bound

2.4 mi - about 6 mins

M6 Junction 10

Head west on M6 Junction 10 toward A454 0.2 mi

Continue straight onto A454/Wolverhampton Rd

Continue to follow Wolverhampton Rd for 0.9 mi

Slight left at A4148/Blue Ln W for 0.3 mi

Turn right at A4148/Ct Way for 0.1 mi

Turn left at A4148/Stafford St and Continue to follow A4148 for 0.2 mi

Turn left at A4148/Littleton St W 0.3 mi

At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Lower Rushall St 0.4 mi

Turn left at Ablewell St Destination will be on the left 262 ft

Ablewell St, Walsall, WS1 2EL

North Bound

3.5 mi - about 10 mins

From M6 Junction 7

Head west on Exit 7 toward Birmingham Rd 0.3 mi

Merge onto Birmingham Rd (signs for Walsall/A34) 0.2 mi

Slight left toward A34/Birmingham Rd 0.2 mi

Take the ramp onto A34/Birmingham Rd

Continue to follow Birmingham Rd, Go through 2 roundabouts 2.4 mi

At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Spring Hill Rd 0.1 mi

At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Ablewell St 308 ft

Turn right at Bott Ln 394 ft

Turn left at Union St 0.1 mi

Turn left at Wedge St 148 ft

Continue on Warewell St 305 ft

Turn left at Ablewell St

Destination will be on the left 262 ft Ablewell St, Walsall, WS1 2EL

Hope this looks better

What lights?

I was wondering that as well Martyn. The best way in for Soul Sam or anyone coming from North or South is to get off the M6 at junction 7. Head towards Walsall for about 1.5 miles. You will come to a strange little double roundabout thingy with a hotel on the left ( where Soul Underground used to be), carry on straight over the roundabout thing, up the hill towards Walsall. At the top of the hill there is another roundabout, go straight over that and go down the hill. You will come to another small roundabout and the Royal Hotel is just there on your right. There is a great chip shop just opposite!!

See you on Saturday.

Jordi

I was wondering that as well Martyn. The best way in for Soul Sam or anyone coming from North or South is to get off the M6 at junction 7. Head towards Walsall for about 1.5 miles. You will come to a strange little double roundabout thingy with a hotel on the left ( where Soul Underground used to be), carry on straight over the roundabout thing, up the hill towards Walsall. At the top of the hill there is another roundabout, go straight over that and go down the hill. You will come to another small roundabout and the Royal Hotel is just there on your right. There is a great chip shop just opposite!!

See you on Saturday.

Jordi

Thanks for that Jordi, Walsall had changed so much when we went down the other week to see the Royal. Don't tell Kev about the chippy though or that's what I'll be getting for my tea instead of a nice meal out before the do starts :rolleyes: .

See you Saturday.

Sharon

Guest Cariad

:rolleyes: Poor girl will be in stitches worrying if you remember to pick her up.

Sharon

no fear there Sharon.............I turn up at hers in plenty of time, then sit there looking pityful till they give in and let me in the car with them :thumbup:laugh.gif:lol:

Guest Cariad

be good to see you again, will it be Dublin reunited or girls aloud :rolleyes:

ladies of vodka........................hope woody is prepared :thumbup:laugh.gif:lol:

be good to see you again too xx

Thanks for that Jordi, Walsall had changed so much when we went down the other week to see the Royal. Don't tell Kev about the chippy though or that's what I'll be getting for my tea instead of a nice meal out before the do starts :rolleyes: .

See you Saturday.

Sharon

Hi Sharon, I'm not sure whether I would risk eating in the hotel, but if you walk down the street towards the town centre you will find some great curry houses. Golden Moments is about 100 yards down on the same side as the Royal hotel and is very good. Don't get too full though or you may just stay in there and miss the night!

Jordi

Martyn

Hi Martyn, Yep she who must be obeyed is being let out. She has had the tag removed and as she seems to be doin ok on the care in the community project I thought I'd treat her :thumbup: . Will there be any space on the record dealer tables as she will no doubt be selling some of the peg bags and wicker trays she's been making. As for another party NO if she starts on the alco pops she will want to arm wrestle me and if I refuse its chinese burns :rolleyes: .!!!

Looking forward to this very much. Will act a bit sharper on the nite. Think we are following on from Gaz Holyman's so will be in the mood as always some nice sounds to be heard at Gaz n Lynns and always made VERY welcome there and in the west mids/Staffs in general. Kimbo n Lisa

Hi Sharon, I'm not sure whether I would risk eating in the hotel, but if you walk down the street towards the town centre you will find some great curry houses. Golden Moments is about 100 yards down on the same side as the Royal hotel and is very good. Don't get too full though or you may just stay in there and miss the night!

Jordi

Thanks once again Jordi although if it's as hot tomorrow as it is today I reckon curry will be out of the question but wont go too far as I do the door and I'm quite famous for being late even at our own do laugh.gif .

Sharon

Hope you all have the most fantastic time tomorrow :huh: we didnt plan very well did we laugh.gif but promise we will be down to see you all soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest SoulRenaissance

Hope your not drowning your sorrows for last nite still martyn...........

ANYWAY...... site up dated little add for soul renaissance magazine which will be available on the door at a princely sum of £5.00 inc a great cd......

What do you mean? Just a period of reflection for next season. Been to collect my two cases of Holsten for winning the league, so some consolation there.

Will get back to you on the mag. But yes folks, going like hot cakes is #12. And with a free 30 track CD.

Martyn

Guest SoulRenaissance

Hi Martyn, Yep she who must be obeyed is being let out. She has had the tag removed and as she seems to be doin ok on the care in the community project I thought I'd treat her :thumbsup: . Will there be any space on the record dealer tables as she will no doubt be selling some of the peg bags and wicker trays she's been making. As for another party NO if she starts on the alco pops she will want to arm wrestle me and if I refuse its chinese burns :thumbsup: .!!!

Looking forward to this very much. Will act a bit sharper on the nite. Think we are following on from Gaz Holyman's so will be in the mood as always some nice sounds to be heard at Gaz n Lynns and always made VERY welcome there and in the west mids/Staffs in general. Kimbo n Lisa

Every night's a party at USOS.Like a new kid with a new toy, can't wait for this one. I just know were gonna have some superb music from the dj's, and great company too.

Guest ktf mal

post-200-1243506700_thumb.png

Will get directions up later for anyone who needs them....

me me me.......................got sat nav.....so see you with a bit of luck :thumbsup:

mal

See you on Saturday.

Jordi

flashin disco lights

Guest SoulRenaissance

FORGET THE REST AND EXPERIENCE THE BEST - UNITED SOUNDS OF SOUL

DON'T MISS IT!!!!!

What a glorious day today. The Sun is shining, the car's flew through it's MOT, and it's been cleaned inside and out. Now i'm off to do some browsing down the shops, then back to get everything prepared for tonight. (And might just play a few tunes to get inspired).

Anyone who wants dealer space pleases give me a call on 01543-462470.

Martyn

What a glorious day today. The Sun is shining, the car's flew through it's MOT, and it's been cleaned inside and out. Now i'm off to do some browsing down the shops, then back to get everything prepared for tonight. (And might just play a few tunes to get inspired).

Martyn

Sharon wants a table by the door if poss, plus mr mrs welding want a table near the bar lol....

Martyn

Have a good one Martyn :Dbeer.gif

dave

Sad to say I've got a family function that I cant get out of - but there's an outside chance that I may get there for last orders, is that okay ? what time does the bar shut ?

if I dont make it have a good 'un, some dj's I really like so I know the music will be top draw - as usual, grr, wouldn't be so bad but it's the wife's family....

Sad to say I've got a family function that I cant get out of - but there's an outside chance that I may get there for last orders, is that okay ? what time does the bar shut ?

if I dont make it have a good 'un, some dj's I really like so I know the music will be top draw - as usual, grr, wouldn't be so bad but it's the wife's family....

1.55 bar john, would be great to see you..

:lol: Thank You, you know me too well :D

Louise

See you later Lou, we're just gonna be leaving in the next few mins so hopefully I'll be there nice and early laugh.gif .

If anyone needs to contact us either please phone Martyn his number is above or you can ring Kev on 07870827062.

Sharon

Edited by munchkinette

See you later Lou, we're just gonna be leaving in the next few mins so hopefully I'll be there nice and early laugh.gif .

If anyone needs to contact us either please phone Martyn his number is above or you can ring Kev on 07870827062.

Sharon

All sorted, should be there bout 7. Had a scary dream last night, arrived at venue and my record box was full of empty paper record sleeves and rubbish..................nothing new there then :D

QoFxx

I'll be joining you all for a while, Sam is giving me a lift to Stoke as I'm DJ'ing there later that night, looking forward to it.

Chris Box.

Source Advert