Posted Images

Next month, we celebrate our 3rd Anniversary of

BOOMERANG

Is There a Cake???

I've been to Boomerang 4 times now, one of my favourite venue in the country:

Top Music Policy

Lots of Friends

GIANT Yorkshire Puddings (LOL)

& Maria & Karen are 2 really special Ladies!!!

thumbup.gif

5 weeks to go

Yann

Edited by Yann V

Boomerang is my favourite soul night, great music and people. Such a friendly place, everyone is smiling.

I'm assuming Rbman is up for it again, so will get down to booking rooms, and hopefully we may have an extra couple of people with us. Having enjoyed the sets by Arthur and Yann at Va Va Voom on NYE I know we've got a treat to look forward to.

Hey Maria & Karen unfortunately we can't make this one, which will be the 1st we've missed since I went home ill & then Gail stayed,well why spoil both our nights.It's Gail's birthday in Feb so we always go away, just bad luck Boomerang's dropped close to it,so while we're in Egg whipped have a great anniversary night & let's hope there's no foolish little accidents this time,eh!!whistling.gifshhh.gif

Take care,be safe & remember,"Accident will happen,we only hit & run,I don't wanna hear it,cause I know what you've done",

Spot. shades.gif

Ladies, I've got my fingers crossed that we'll be able to make it in a few weeks time.

Unfortunately I can't promise as Michael is having to work weekends for the next few months - so it will all depend on how the timing/contract completion is going his end! He knows I NEED to get out and dance and has promised to bring me over if he's home.

I haven't been out since November and I'm slowly going crazy rolleyes.gif

It's not looking good for us making it to this at the moment but the good news is it is 3 weeks away and you never know. In our defence Gilly does have a sick note.

I will let you know nearer the time as we both do enjoy Thorne.

Nicola

Edited by Nicola

It's not looking good for us making it to this at the moment but the good news is it is 3 weeks away and you never know. In our defence Gilly does have a sick note.

I will let you know nearer the time as we both do enjoy Thorne.

Nicola

Hi Nicola, give yr man a hug from us & hope he's on the road to recovery, best, Arthur

Ladies, I've got my fingers crossed that we'll be able to make it in a few weeks time.

I know I'm not one to pass on any of my babies, but I'm seriously thinking of bringing along my spare Guy Allen to sell/trade, if that helps you decide :hatsoff2:

m

(currently suffering sunburn in Oz ...coz Karen's sent me off to shop for Boomerang cake pans thanks to Yann!)

Guest peter burke

Next month, we celebrate our 3rd Anniversary of

BOOMERANG

Is There a Cake???

I've been to Boomerang 4 times now, one of my favourite venue in the country:

Top Music Policy

Lots of Friends

GIANT Yorkshire Puddings (LOL)

& Maria & Karen are 2 really special Ladies!!!

thumbup.gif

5 weeks to go

Yann

Yes Yann,

There will be cake,

There will be top music,

There will be top friendly people,

and just for you,

There will be GIANT Yorkshire puddings thumbup.gif

KAREN XXXX

Guest karen b

Don't forget to bring your 'WANTS LISTS' as you will have a great chance to discuss them or maybe even pick them up from the sellers.

At the sales tables so far are,

Andy Dyson

Fish

Arthur

Cliff

and Yann

of course many of you have often bought a box of fifty on the night, all welcome.thumbsup.gif

Karenxxx

Guest peter burke

Hi Karen

Really looking forward to making my first visit!

See you and Pete on the 6th.

Regards

Paul

Will be good to see you Paul.

Get there early to take advantage of the barmeals, not like Rimini but not bad and a great way to start the evening.

Need a night out as done nothing since New Year.

Take care,

Pete

Guest karen b

For those of you needing a lift from t'travelodge to the Tavern the taxi number is

01405 817777

They are only too happy to let you bring record boxes but alas will not carry them from the car for you!no.gif

As i said in a previous post the minibus is already booked for the trip back and will do as many trips needed.thumbup.gif

Karen xxx

Hiya Karen

Only got rid of my cricket box in charity bag recently, didn't need it after Louise bought me a Elephant pouch for Christmas:thumbup:

Don't know about the manufacturers claim that one size fits all though ?

I had to tie a knot half way up the trunk in mine!!!:laugh:

Dave W

Edited by Louise
Guest Discohair

Hi Karen rolleyes.gif

Really looking forward to this , seems an age since been at thorne, always have

a good time their.

Can you save Val a space for his Records.

See you on the night.

Luv Elaine xthumbup.gif

Guest karen b

Hi Karen rolleyes.gif

Really looking forward to this , seems an age since been at thorne, always have

a good time their.

Can you save Val a space for his Records.

See you on the night.

Luv Elaine xthumbup.gif

Certainly will, I shall adjust my seating plan accordingly!g.gif lol

If any of you sellers want to post, say maximum of 5 titles you will have on offer on the night

please feel free to do so, also any wants needed, you never know you may get lucky.yes.gif

Luv Karenxxx

Guest karen b

Have a great night everybody :thumbup:

We will try!!!!:thumbup:

Really looking forward to hearing your selection for Boomerang when you come over to play for us

at the August half dayer.

Hope to catch up with you and Carina before that in Bamburg.:wink:

Love Karen [and Pete]xxx and M an Ax

Guest karen b

What the !*%* ..............didn't know I was selling any :ohmy:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

My suggestion is you bring the box anyway, and just enjoy the crack. Elaine doesn't need to know you never even opened it!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to a fun fuelled night, might even put 'nibbles' out in the record bar!!!

Karen xxxx

Looking forward to a fun fuelled night, might even put 'nibbles' out in the record bar!!!

Hope you're joking about smelly messy fingers at the vinyl fingering boxes :thumbup:

We'd be better off supplying wet ones and fresh towels.

Sad to report that I went into one of the big catering equipment stores here in Sydney today - and she laughed at me when I asked for anything boomerang shaped :thumbup: . Best available for 'Australia Day' tomorrow if a map shaped pan, but I declined.

...So, we're all relying on super goddess in the kitchen Karen, to come up with the goods on Saturday the 6th!

Karen - please save a record selling space for Soul Sam too (I might forget given my gorgeous sun exposure this week)

m

Edited by Maria O

Hi all,

the bus for the travelodge is booked, and once again I promise to make sure no one is left behind!:yes:

see you there,:thumbup:

Karenxxx

I'll try to limit my use to a single journey this time, dependent on the mix of Black Sheep and Slippery Nipples, which can be a bit distracting when it comes to gathering records and things for the return journey....whistling

Still suffering jet-lagg today (back from the hot jungle a few days ago).

After a couple of queries on the "Friends of BOOMERANG" group on Facebook,

I have double-checked with the venue this afternoon and the dinner start time

for Saturday is 6PM.

Many come to eat, some come early just to chat and drink

...but either way, the pub entrance on the corner is the way in and

walk straight through for the dining room and then onto the function room

for the 8PM PARTY START!

warning: There WILL be balloons

(...if I remember to buy them :rolleyes: )

m

If all goes according to plan Martin and I will be at the Canal Tavern by 6 pm for one of those nice meals they serve. And we'll have Audra with us too, she hasn't been to a soul night since the Thomson's move up north late last year.

I'm still getting over the Gloucester all nighter, but the thought of Boomerang is the ray of light at the end of the week keeping me going. Looking forward to the music and seeing friends there, always a very happy atmosphere.

It's not often I can get online at work, so thought I'd pop the DJ roster up for Saturday while I'm here:

8.00pm - MARIA O (30 min)

8.3pm - ARTHUR FENN (30 min)

9.00pm - YANN VATISTE (30 min)

9.30pm - CLIFF STEELE (30 min)

10.00pm - MARIA O (45 min)

10.45pm - YANN VATISTE (45 min)

11.30pm - ARTHUR FENN (45 min)

12.15pm - CLIFF STEELE (45 min)

----- 1am - close --------

Should be a soulful delight with guests like these!

Please don't forget to bring your flyers for upcoming events, as we have a special table for that :lol: .

m

*** Visit us at the BOOMERANG 70'S SOUL SPECIAL in the main modern room at the Prestatyn Weekender on Saturday afternoon 20th March ***

I'll try to limit my use to a single journey this time, dependent on the mix of Black Sheep and Slippery Nipples, which can be a bit distracting when it comes to gathering records and things for the return journey....whistling.gif

Cliff was wondering will you be bringing any soul records to play in your set this time ? looking forward to the company of the lovely ladies on the front of house (or is it side of the house ) ! ......

Cliff was wondering will you be bringing any soul records to play in your set this time ? looking forward to the company of the lovely ladies on the front of house (or is it side of the house ) ! ......

Now there's a thought, my mildly insane friend....can you bring your crowd calming spoons just in case...

Guest Derbyshire Bint

I'll try to limit my use to a single journey this time, dependent on the mix of Black Sheep and Slippery Nipples, which can be a bit distracting when it comes to gathering records and things for the return journey....whistling

Cliff

Ooh!! Black Sheep and Slippery Nipples!! Have you tried.... Piddle in the Hole, Roaring Meg and the very fragrant Bishops Fingers!

Karen

Can you save a smidge of table space for Robert Kay's sales box? He will be coming up with Kev and myself.

We're all looking forward to tomorrow night-- there's always a good crack, along with tunes to die for.

See you there

Vicki

Guest karen b

Cliff

Ooh!! Black Sheep and Slippery Nipples!! Have you tried.... Piddle in the Hole, Roaring Meg and the very fragrant Bishops Fingers!

Karen

Can you save a smidge of table space for Robert Kay's sales box? He will be coming up with Kev and myself.

We're all looking forward to tomorrow night-- there's always a good crack, along with tunes to die for.

See you there

We will be very happy to squeeeeze Mr Kay and his box in,thumbsup.gif

looking forward to seeing you there.

Don't forget we will be in the bar from six'ish for bar meals for anyone who fancies an early start.:thumbup:

Karen xxxxxx

Vicki

Source Advert