The Inspirations - Gotta Find A New Love - Benn X

100% legit. Made by Philly Archives, they don't deal with boots. An acetate exists as well...

Got a few things that looked as though they where pressed in the same place,some labels look really authentic some not so,how come they are only cheap and have seen some given away at lifeline as freebees defo some reissues,can we have a list of these reissues must be cheap this licencing lark biggrin.gif

Social source share

These were done by Dave Brown in Philly early 00's if I remember correctly, got them when he did them it's a great record and I see no problem playing this 45 out.

The Visions / Stella & The Gazelles / Ronnie Walker (PC) / Emmanons (PC) / The Dogs (PC) 45's were also done around the same time. Some of the 45's came in Picture Sleeves.

Got copies of all if anybody is interested pm me. £7.00 includes P&P,

Please note INSPIRATIONS no longer available sold out.

Edited by funkyfeet
Social source share

Only 1000 copies? For the price of peanuts?? I love Kings go Forth tune, but don´t understand then how this don´t cost 150 GBP.....

When it gets played out and everyone who wouldn't touch it because it was cheap as chips will suddenly start chasing a copy and start play silly money for it. Think I'll hang onto a few copies.

Social source share

When it gets played out and everyone who wouldn't touch it because it was cheap as chips will suddenly start chasing a copy and start play silly money for it. Think I'll hang onto a few copies.

I've heard it out before.biggrin.gif

Social source share

Got a few things that looked as though they where pressed in the same place,some labels look really authentic some not so,how come they are only cheap and have seen some given away at lifeline as freebees defo some reissues,can we have a list of these reissues must be cheap this licencing lark :D

Lifeline never given away any freebies Ken or was it someone in the record bar?

Social source share

Lifeline never given away any freebies Ken or was it someone in the record bar?

I think the record bar i think Chris was giving em away ?,its a bit back..........and i got a couple from a alldayer £1 each,of K Roberts.

Social source share

What price this if there were only a handful of copies||| :ohmy:

Only 500 kings go fourth and its crap,so name your own price.

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

Only 500 kings go fourth and its crap,so name your own price.

You'd need to be fair, so 'naming your own price' might not be best for all parties.

But I think the 'cheap as chips' price tag has disappeared from this record for good!!

What's a fair current value? And what might it be in, say, a couple of years' time, when it's totally disappeared?

Social source share

You'd need to be fair, so 'naming your own price' might not be best for all parties.

But I think the 'cheap as chips' price tag has disappeared from this record for good!!

What's a fair current value? And what might it be in, say, a couple of years' time, when it's totally disappeared?

Worth a tenner of anybodys money, compared to prices for some records that don't come anywhere near this in quality, can only go up in value in the future imo. There be a discussion on here in a few years time about what a bargin they got at the time.

Social source share

Just checked the source and they (funkadelphia) say they now have "less than ten copies left" - also price has risen from $5 to $15

Cheers

Mick

Played this out when issued think it was early 00's, no response then but after hearing again I'll give give it another spin and see whats happens, I like it anyway.

Barry

Social source share

Unreleased (at the time) Ben-Lee Philly recording. These were pressed a few years ago. Two different versions exist, one slightly faster which was comped on a Goldmine CD and this version which is slightly slower. Great track no matter what!:lol:

it's worth mentioning that the slightly faster more Northern version, on the Benn X label was played by Butch, and was a BIG record for a while which I suspect came from Ady C, Maybe he can confirm that, the slower version made it onto a Kent CD release at the same time, Goldmine put the slower version on CD and a White Label 45 appeared of that version from them to I assume plug their CD.. I cant really comment on the murky world of some of their 45 releases, that said I bought both CD's and 45's well worth having..

Mal.C.thumbsup.gif

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

it's worth mentioning that the slightly faster more Northern version, on the Benn X label was played by Butch, and I suspect came from Ady C, Maybe he can confirm that, the slower version made it onto a Kent CD release at the same time, Goldmine put the slower version on CD and a White Label 45 appeared of that version from them to I assume plug their CD.. I cant really comment on the murky world of some of their 45 releases, that said I bought both CD's and 45's well worth having..

Mal.C.thumbsup.gif

Butch's copy is a Mercury acetate, Tim Brown has another Mercury acetate, don't think there is much difference in tempo etc, different intro and different lead singer. Butch (and tim) has played his for years, long before it was put out by Dave Brown. Not heard him play it for a while though.

Social source share

Butch's copy is a Mercury acetate, Tim Brown has another Mercury acetate, don't think there is much difference in tempo etc, different intro and different lead singer. Butch (and tim) has played his for years, long before it was put out by Dave Brown. Not heard him play it for a while though.

ok, so the acetates were around long before the Kent CD? you assume if Kent have just released something and alt versions are being spun by 100 club residents, that there must be a connection... regarding it being legit, at the time it said to be 100%....

M

Social source share

ok, so the acetates were around long before the Kent CD? you assume if Kent have just released something and alt versions are being spun by 100 club residents, that there must be a connection... regarding it being legit, at the time it said to be 100%....

M

just a coincidence Mal, the mercury acetates played long before Kent got into Ben Lee and likewise for Tim & the Goldmine cd.

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Butch has been playing the acetate of this for years. I usually hound him for it at the 100 Club. First heard it on the boot in Goldmine in Manchester. Thought I'd discovered something amazing. Till Tom told me it was a cut from an acetate. Still one of my fave Butch spins.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Thought i`d revive this thread.Just dug my copy out,to be honest bought this 5 years ago and forgot all about it.  Great double sider. Any ideas what year it was originally

made?

Be interesting to see what the price is these days :g:  :D

2001  for benn-x according to JM. Now at £20.

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/d/82740/INSPIRATIONS

Edited by Gogs
Social source share

I now also have a Mercury acetate of it (from Butch).....just for those that like keeping notes of these things :lol: Great record!

The actual title on the acetate is "Treatin' myself to a new love" 

Edited by Steve G
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Is there a year when it was first recorded Steve?   

Now i know you got the Original/original format :wicked:  :thumbsup: .  Good to know so i can  put my copy away when we next get you on   at Filthy`s :shhh:

I now also have a Mercury acetate of it (from Butch).....just for those that like keeping notes of these things :lol: Great record!

The actual title on the acetate is "Treatin' myself to a new love" 

Social source share

top quality tune....remember when des got first bunch of dave browns legit issue along with the other stuff mentioned here...honestly forgot how good it was until the relaunch of lowton...and the fact it must also be one of bob hinsley's favourite records as he constantly spins it...naturally, i had to aqquire it....again! :lol: and yes, i agree, that at some point its value is going to appreciate BECAUSE its legit and no-one has dared to boot it.

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest Mrs M

Lenny Harkins your memory serves you well mate. Mark Wilson did play a slower version back in the early 9t's - Charles Diamond and The Inspirations. For me the far better version and I'm sure Mark was the one to play first of anyone and obviously many years before the faster version came about which, speaking of Lowton was on one of the Anniversary freebie cd's.

I still have my Dynamic 3 Soul Club anniversary tapes from The Claremont, Edinburgh and Mark's copy is on there.

Social source share

If Mark played it as Charles Diamond and the Inspirations then it was a cover up name as this Inspirations isn't related to the Joey Jefferson group.  There are two takes though, the one Butch has and the one Tim Brown has/had, same group different lead.  Both takes are out on CD, the Philly cd's from Kent and Goldmine/Soul Supply.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!