Mello Souls

Guest Bearsy

Its been said before Pete, if you haven't heard it at a nighter under certain "conditions" you haven't had the full benefit of it, it just blows the roof off.

Having said that I think I heard it first on the internet and still liked it straight away.

Cant understand how anyone could describe it as awful but we've all got different tastes

I have heard it at a nighter (I only stopped going to nighters, weekenders etc about 4 years ago!) and I know exactly what you're saying...

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I had the pleasure of first hearing it in Guy Hennigans house in Derby mid 80's it was on a tape that Butch had done for a few folks, blew me away even thou the recording wasn't to good. Guy put it on a tape for me still got it some where. I have heard it at soul nights ala Mick H and it rammed the floor at one of the biggest oldies nights the Grosvenor (that is definitely an oldies night) but they know great record when they hear one. If you don't like it you aint got no soul imo

Edited by Ted Massey
Social source share

Its been said before Pete, if you haven't heard it at a nighter under certain "conditions" you haven't had the full benefit of it, it just blows the roof off.

Having said that I think I heard it first on the internet and still liked it straight away.

Cant understand how anyone could describe it as awful but we've all got different tastes

I hope the "conditions" are right on Saturday at Lifeline.Book your place on the dancefloor at rammeddancefloor.com.

Edited by KevH
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

It is an all nighter record PURE NORTHERN SOUL a call to the tribe to rush the dancefloor.Other similar records have done the same job over the years.THE DEADBEATS--NO SECOND CHANCE, WALTER AND ADMERATIONS ---MAN O MAN, DEREK MARTIN--- FLASHBACK, LITTLE JOHN--JUST WAIT AND SEE. All records that sound raw and messy but they are DYNAMITE when played at the right occasion and that occasion is definitely not  at home in your front room.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!