Nicole Willis & The Soul Investigators

Cover-up

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just bought it this week off ebay , still waiting on it coming in. Apparently it's got a flute break in it ,which i detest flutes on a soul record but the guy who sold it said he hated flutes as well but it works on this 45 so will just have to wait and see.

Tubbs

Social source share

Just bought it this week off ebay , still waiting on it coming in. Apparently it's got a flute break in it ,which i detest flutes on a soul record but the guy who sold it said he hated flutes as well but it works on this 45 so will just have to wait and see.

Tubbs

link

How much are paying?,i like this cant be that expencive can it? :(

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

on my playlist.

it's magnificent.

i've got a box of them that i take with me everywhere i go (soul related) and selling for 5quid each. come and get one off me next time you see me, if you don't like it i'll give you your money back! :(

Social source share

that's a very good record IMO, though if being picky not the best vocal ever

i defy anyone to identify it as recently recorded if it wasn't a known fact (which i assume it is from the above posts?)

bit worrying for those who shell out $$$ on unknowns though!

Social source share

on my playlist.

it's magnificent.

i've got a box of them that i take with me everywhere i go (soul related) and selling for 5quid each. come and get one off me next time you see me, if you don't like it i'll give you your money back! :(

link

james i'll have pne

could you pm me your address and i'll stick cash in post?

cheers

dab

Social source share

on my playlist.

it's magnificent.

link

Cheers Trouble,top order £5 very reasonable :(

Social source share

i defy anyone to identify it as recently recorded if it wasn't a known fact (which i assume it is from the above posts?)

link

2004 and cracking tune.

Social source share

link

I like a challenge, and I dare say that there is something about it, can't really put it in words, that doesn't sound old. But if I heard it out for the first time I would perhaps not have stopped to think about it, so it is very close to the old thing anyway. Nice record, but I agree that the vocal could have been stronger. I wonder how this this goes with certain DJ's policies of NOT playing anything post 1969? :(:(

Social source share

I like a challenge, and I dare say that there is something about it, can't really put it in words, that doesn't sound old. But if I heard it out for the first time I would perhaps not have stopped to think about it, so it is very close to the old thing anyway. Nice record, but I agree that the vocal could have been stronger. I wonder how this this goes with certain DJ's policies of NOT playing anything post 1969? ph34r.gif   :(

link

heh heh heh a dig at me there I think.

It sounds Sixties. End of story

Social source share

there is something about it, can't really put it in words, that doesn't sound old

think you're right christian, i think it's the vocals which sound a bit too 'knowing' to be 60s

but as you say it's very close to an authentic sound

Social source share

heh heh heh a dig at me there I think.

It sounds Sixties. End of story

link

The lesson here is, be careful with sweeping and definite statements, since they usually come back to haunt you sooner or later, happened to me once or twice. :(blush.gif

Social source share

think you're right christian, i think it's the vocals which sound a bit too 'knowing' to be 60s

but as you say it's very close to an authentic sound

link

I think it may be because in the 1960's they were not consciously making it sound 60's. Just as with fashion from the era today, what people want is not actual old 60's (which is often a bit weird) but rather a 'fantasy ideal' of what the 60's was about. Does this sound strange? blush.gif It might also be due to the equipment used, to get totally old sound I think you must use old equipment.

Social source share

I think it may be because in the 1960's they were not consciously making it sound 60's. Just as with fashion from the era today, what people want is not actual old 60's (which is often a bit weird) but rather a 'fantasy ideal' of what the 60's was about. Does this sound strange? blush.gif   It might also be due to the equipment used, to get totally old sound I think you must use old equipment.

link

you certainly need 60s recording techniques, that's for sure

Social source share

on my playlist.

it's magnificent.

i've got a box of them that i take with me everywhere i go (soul related) and selling for 5quid each. come and get one off me next time you see me, if you don't like it i'll give you your money back! thumbsup.gif

link

superb record. Heard it months ago on North East Soul Radio courtesy mr. Stirland, and that was before it was released as far as I know, or before any were brought over here..

Billy

Edited by billytheboot
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert