vivian jones

• Replies 63
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Had a record hop at my place last night (glad the neighbours were on holiday LOL) and a mate of mine who got his copy the same time I got mne is thinking of selling his...so if you want this indeed rare record feel free to pm me your tempting offer and I will pass it on to him,

marc

Social source share

Guest Preems

anyone who doesn't know Nemo23 's auction's is probably not a huge fan of soul music or doesn't buy records on ebay

Social source share

Sorry ya little love godess i meant 300 biggrin.gif

come on ian, i know its not a-list perhaps but it IS a great tune nonetheless, and uncle ted is very shrewd with what he homes in on so,...its his intention to turn this into a top tune, and bearing in mind his reputation amongst the clergy, its hard not to see him succeeding.....and the same can be said of the ike & tina turner disc he's spinning...been around for donkeys maybe? and nobody's been paying attention??....well its certainly causing a stir now....and there's more intrigue added to the melting pot with the fact there are two versions of said recording, as one exists on an lp.

....but thats another story, so lets just say that the vivian jones record is well worth the discussion as much as it is playing it.......which, you lucky few, i cant as i couldnt afford it without a bank loan and why should i do those greedy baskets any favours!!:rolleyes::unsure:

Social source share

come on ian, i know its not a-list perhaps but it IS a great tune nonetheless, and uncle ted is very shrewd with what he homes in on so,...its his intention to turn this into a top tune, and bearing in mind his reputation amongst the clergy, its hard not to see him succeeding.....and the same can be said of the ike & tina turner disc he's spinning...been around for donkeys maybe? and nobody's been paying attention??....well its certainly causing a stir now....and there's more intrigue added to the melting pot with the fact there are two versions of said recording, as one exists on an lp.

....but thats another story, so lets just say that the vivian jones record is well worth the discussion as much as it is playing it.......which, you lucky few, i cant as i couldnt afford it without a bank loan and why should i do those greedy baskets any favours!!:unsure::lol:

VJ and I&TT are pants laugh.gif

But you and others feel differently and that's what it's all about :rolleyes:

Social source share

HI Callum

To be honest I think you were absolutely right to post

The whole idea of this forum is share information and opinions,to debate ,to agree and to disagree .

It's healthy for us and for the scene

Agree about uncle Ted's collection...awesome

I hope people will continue to post what they feel

ATB

John P

Hey John im ready to swop any time mate :unsure::rolleyes:

Edited by Ted Massey
Social source share

Perhaps Ted stumbled across it through this thread :unsure:, I must say Ted has a amazing collection...records that i can only dream of owning.

I've had time to think and reflect and maybe i should of not posted anything and brought more atention to it alongside the ebay link. However I still feel that posting links up while auctions are live should be banned. I agree with Chalky and yes it is almost impossible to manage and probably wont happen but it's just my opinion. I agree if it's someone trying to pull a fast one or selling a dodgy boot etc then yeah by all means but not when it's a highly sought after record (by those that know it).

I saw it posted in the top tips John and took note but then again I've known it for years after hearing Hoss play it.

Great record, I cant wait to hear it played out and have a dance to it

Callum

I had heard it along time ago on a tape and yes it wasnt till some one mentioned it on here that i decided to bid on it sorry, just put an offer on it and went to bed as i had a pounding head ache after lying on me back alll after noon :rolleyes:

Social source share

I had heard it along time ago on a tape and yes it wasnt till some one mentioned it on here that i decided to bid on it sorry, just put an offer on it and went to bed as i had a pounding head ache after lying on me back alll after noon laugh.gif

Probally on one of the tapes i did ya many moons ago Uncle Ted , i was playin it in the early 90,s same time has G T on Glorico ect not a bad tune

mate 45,s like Viv Jones do need playing out to give the artist some credit for the music they made :rolleyes:

Social source share

I had heard it along time ago on a tape and yes it wasnt till some one mentioned it on here that i decided to bid on it sorry, just put an offer on it and went to bed as i had a pounding head ache after lying on me back alll after noon :rolleyes:

Truely amazing what some people do when their O.D ing on Horlicks laugh.gif

Dave

Social source share

Had a record hop at my place last night (glad the neighbours were on holiday LOL) and a mate of mine who got his copy the same time I got mne is thinking of selling his...so if you want this indeed rare record feel free to pm me your tempting offer and I will pass it on to him,

marc

Maybe this post got lost..so:

There s a copy here in Berlin waiting for you...if you want this record please get in touch hatsoff2.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert