Tobbi Bowe - I Can Feel Him Slipping Away - Patheway

Pete S

£600 a good price for it, are the labels on the right way round? Has someone started playing it out lately, or the Mamie Lee version, cos the price of that seems to be going up every week at the moment too.

Social source share

£600 a good price for it, are the labels on the right way round? Has someone started playing it out lately, or the Mamie Lee version, cos the price of that seems to be going up every week at the moment too.

Mamie Lee used to be so common that you couldn't give it away, £2, £3 tops. You'd never have believed it could be 50 quid.

Didn't know they had reversed labels (that's the Servicemen on Patheway isn't it) but I don't have the record here, someone wanted me to sell it for them.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

£600 is cheap, for an ex copy. Someone would surely bite your hand off. i would if I had the money. I think it is a solid £700 record. It still hasnt turned up in any quantity (has it?).

I'm one of the few who actually prefer it to Mamie Galore. I love Mamie's version, and it is quite unusual to prefer the second version you hear of a song. In my experience anyway. Tobi would be right near the top of my wants list were I collecting again.

Social source share

I sold a copy a couple of years back for 750, right person right time I suppose, The labels were the correct way around in fact all the copies I've seen are. Has any one actually seen it with reversed label or are we getting mixed up with Servicemen? :g:

I used to play the "Groovy Feeling" side too. :yes:

I bought it off Ted as stated above

Edited by Tony Smith
Social source share

I sold a copy a couple of years back for 750, right person right time I suppose, The labels were the correct way around in fact all the copies I've seen are. Has any one actually seen it with reversed label or are we getting mixed up with Servicemen? :g:

Possibly :) I have had to point out my memory isn't what it once was on a couple of other threads today already! :hypo:

Social source share

Pete - 3 main UK based dealers have all had this at 700 in the last few months. All mint and clean labels (right way?)

They sat a while and it looked like 2 were maybe taken down as I didn't spot SOLD posted against them. One on the link still sat there as well.

Depends what commission he wants to give or if not then at up to 600 I think it would go. People got to remember that dealers have web, ad costs etc so got to make a quid or two on top.

Mamie heading up to a ton now I notice on some set sales.

But what do we know as money is so tight at the moment

Cheers

Tony

Social source share

Pete - 3 main UK based dealers have all had this at 700 in the last few months. All mint and clean labels (right way?)

They sat a while and it looked like 2 were maybe taken down as I didn't spot SOLD posted against them. One on the link still sat there as well.

Depends what commission he wants to give or if not then at up to 600 I think it would go. People got to remember that dealers have web, ad costs etc so got to make a quid or two on top.

Mamie heading up to a ton now I notice on some set sales.

But what do we know as money is so tight at the moment

Cheers

Tony

Cheers Tony. WIll definitely undercut all of those big time. I always say, there's no point having a record on the shelf, I;d rather turn it into money even if it means reducing it.

Social source share

Guest garysoul82

If I were to have a copy of the above record for sale in excellent condition, how much do you think I should list it for - book price being 700 quid.

And would anyone be interested in buying it maybe?

cheers

Pete

should have got it of Domar 20yrs ago .Ithink it was eight quid.

Social source share

I agree Pete but to infer that Tobbi Bowe was a cheap record then is not correct it has always been 100 times harder than Mamie Lee (which until about 5 years ago was a £3 record every day of the week, if you could sell it!)

I agree, it was always a hard record and Mamie Lee was just so ridiculously common.

Social source share

Guest garysoul82

I think it was on one of his lists for that price around 1985

your right pete,just found richards price booklet out from that period.Fair play to him,you could always

find a bargain on his sales lists.Timmy carr-workin 60.00 (listed as only known copy) and Donna coleman 5.00.

Tobbi bowe might be the rarer version but Mamie lee is so much better quality.

Social source share

• 1 year later...

Been on Pat Bradys list reasonably regularly-maybe the same copy over and over again-I could understand why it wouldn`t sell!

Pretty sure it`s been on the auction quite often.

Maybe not too often-just whenever I take a look?

I thought of starting a topic-"Dealers who often have the same records numerous times"

====

yes seen that as well - and noticed how many times its been up ,,, will see if its up there again next week?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Been on Pat Bradys list reasonably regularly-maybe the same copy over and over again-I could understand why it wouldn`t sell!

Pretty sure it`s been on the auction quite often.

Maybe not too often-just whenever I take a look?

I thought of starting a topic-"Dealers who often have the same records numerous times"

coz pat wants a million quid for it

• Helpful 1
Social source share

it has a reasonable B side bought one of Jim Wesiora for £30 and sold it not long after for similar, 500 is about right and i think it will still be as struggle at that imo

there's been a few around over the past 12 months its a very hard record to sell ' so like Ted say's £500 very tops.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!