Recommended Record Of The Day, From Your Collection 2011

dthedrug

.. couple of good 'uns there lads--hope this contributes to the awesomeness :thumbsup:

Lenny Welch "You Can't Run away"

always been a fan of Lenny Welch, lovely track, He's also got another great mercury 45 "Wait Awhile Longer" which always seems to slip under the radar? (got a great ballad flip too with "Darling Stay With Me") With credits like Carl Davis, Gerald Sims and Riley Hampton. it has to be ok! will maybe post it up later in week :thumbsup:

steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Proof there's plenty of bargains out there..........In JM's price guide at £75...........e-bay $5.99..........result :D

Billy Prince-Say It Again Verve

Cheers

Martyn

Classy track martyn, and got a great beat ballad on the flip too imo "You Never Should Have Loved Me" amazed at the £75 guide price mind! always thought they were bout £20?

steve

Social source share

Classy track martyn, and got a great beat ballad on the flip too imo "You Never Should Have Loved Me" amazed at the £75 guide price mind! always thought they were bout £20?

steve

Steve

In JM's.....issues £75,demo's £50 but agree would never have paid £75 or even half that?Been keeping an eye out for one for awhile without chasing it with much gusto & you don't see it that often,so as you say £20 I would think was about right?

Good to hear another good B side,just need it hit the doormat now :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Perfect Femme Northern Soul from KIM WESTON...Showing what a loss she and hubby MICKEY STEVENSON were to Motown...

Edited by rich chorley
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

:hatsoff2:HI ALL As I have been watching Pete Smith vidio #3, and very good it was all that info, especialy about, your coments on the"TROJAN" DUKE REID & the Treasure Isle cut was good, however to sugest that REGGEA is fast ROCK STEADY! Needs looking at as REID was one of several sound men who claimed the new Uptempo Bass Rythem that got it's name like in the same manor JUMP UP SKA

ROCK STEADY AND REGGEA, THROUGH THE DANCE STYLE ASSOCIATED with the rythem, and it's the drum and bass that makes it,

However my record for to-day is the B side of FRED HUGHS CLASSIC, OO WEE BABY, I LOVE TOU, - FONTANA TF 583, "LOVE ME BABY".

WHAT A SUPERLITIVE SOUL 45, THE TOP SIDE WAS A HIT IN ALL THE SOUL CLUBS WHEN i LEFT SCHOOL, I CAN REMEMBER THE FIRST TIME I HERED IT BEING PLAYED, IT WAS IN THE CASTLE VERNON BOWLING ALLY IN PRESTON,

Ihave often wonderd who the DJ was as he played BOB KUBIN the CHEATER, folowed by I'M A BELIEVER, THIS WAS EARLY 67 I WAS 15,

TREAT YOURSELF TO BOTH SIDES AND THEN BOTH SIDES OF "THE DUCK" Anouther FONTANA record with a FAB B side :huh:DAVE K

post-13241-0-89691900-1321324826_thumb.j ENJOY!

Social source share

:hatsoff2:HI ALL As I have been watching Pete Smith vidio #3, and very good it was all that info, especialy about, your coments on the"TROJAN" DUKE REID & the Treasure Isle cut was good, however to sugest that REGGEA is fast ROCK STEADY! Needs looking at as REID was one of several sound men who claimed the new Uptempo Bass Rythem that got it's name like in the same manor JUMP UP SKA

ROCK STEADY AND REGGEA, THROUGH THE DANCE STYLE ASSOCIATED with the rythem, and it's the drum and bass that makes it,

However my record for to-day is the B side of FRED HUGHS CLASSIC, OO WEE BABY, I LOVE TOU, - FONTANA TF 583, "LOVE ME BABY".

WHAT A SUPERLITIVE SOUL 45, THE TOP SIDE WAS A HIT IN ALL THE SOUL CLUBS WHEN i LEFT SCHOOL, I CAN REMEMBER THE FIRST TIME I HERED IT BEING PLAYED, IT WAS IN THE CASTLE VERNON BOWLING ALLY IN PRESTON,

Ihave often wonderd who the DJ was as he played BOB KUBIN the CHEATER, folowed by I'M A BELIEVER, THIS WAS EARLY 67 I WAS 15,

TREAT YOURSELF TO BOTH SIDES AND THEN BOTH SIDES OF "THE DUCK" Anouther FONTANA record with a FAB B side :huh:DAVE K

Had Fred Hughes "Oo Wee Baby" on VJ tucked away for years Dave! just pulled it out for a listen to tother side... Superb mate! another that must have slipped me by Nice one bud! :thumbsup:

steve

Social source share

Yep, Steve's been playing it at Heywood recently, people coming up asking what it is-

Tell 'em, if you got any Fred Hughes tunes you've probably got it

:yes:

Can I just add a small complaint folks- a little one liner to say what you're posting would help, as Youtube is blocked on works machine and it's taking me hours to go through when I get home.

:hatsoff2:

Ta

Tony

Edited by tonyp
Social source share

Todays little double sider...

Lee Williams and the Cymbals "Lost Love" and the sublime "Peeping Thru The Windows"

..really into this side of late

steve

that peepin through the windows is superb mate ! i have this record but never played tother side(lesson learned !)bloody brill,thanks bud

jason

Social source share

Guest soulboy1965

T'was a toss-up between Al Greene - Don't Leave Me / Back Up Train or this....

..................and Betty Everett won! Trouble Over The Weekend / The Shoe Doesn't Fit

Social source share

Here's a ghetto growler,released on P-Vines Johnny Sayles LP.This is its first 45 release as far as i know.T'other side of the classic "Cant get enough" etc on Soul City.

Kev (Soulqueen)

Been told that the Soul City release is the only official release?Top tune that sounds brilliant out.

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

T'was a toss-up between Al Greene - Don't Leave Me / Back Up Train or this....

..................and Betty Everett won! Trouble Over The Weekend / The Shoe Doesn't Fit

Forgotten what a great twofer this is :thumbsup:

Not a British collector as such but it does look good on President.

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Guest soulboy1965

Forgotten what a great twofer this is :thumbsup:

Not a British collector as such but it does look good on President.

Cheers

Martyn

I quite like the President look too. My sister's 9 years older than me & amongst her appalling vinyl collection when i was 5 or 6, were The Symbols & Felice Taylor. Grabbed my attention straight away. I totally ignored Deep Purple, Blue Oyster Band and her collection of rock singles tho lol

Social source share

I quite like the President look too. My sister's 9 years older than me & amongst her appalling vinyl collection when i was 5 or 6, were The Symbols & Felice Taylor. Grabbed my attention straight away. I totally ignored Deep Purple, Blue Oyster Band and her collection of rock singles tho lol

I had two older brothers,one who went to the Wheel & the other more of a scooterboy.They didn't collect records just the odd one here & there but I did manage to acquire (OK nick) off them Darrell Banks-Open The Doors To Your Heart,Gene Chandler-Nothing Can Stop Me,Mel & Tim-Backfield In Motion (still love that),Percy Sledge-Baby Help Me & a few other things including a few Motown tunes..............great been the youngest wasn't it :wicked:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Guest soulboy1965

I had two older brothers,one who went to the Wheel & the other more of a scooterboy.They didn't collect records just the odd one here & there but I did manage to acquire (OK nick) off them Darrell Banks-Open The Doors To Your Heart,Gene Chandler-Nothing Can Stop Me,Mel & Tim-Backfield In Motion (still love that),Percy Sledge-Baby Help Me & a few other things including a few Motown tunes..............great been the youngest wasn't it :wicked:

Cheers

Martyn

Great if you had a sibling (hate that word), who had taste, but my sister really didn't! Freda Payne - Band of Gold was the BEST thing in her collection! And my parents were even worse, with bleedin' country & western aplenty along with other people singing The Everly Brothers & Elvis - horrendous in my house as a kid lol

Social source share

Guest soulboy1965

Sod it - second one from me today, but I must have missed a day out somewhere!! And it's not a "cheapie" - so that's two rules broken in one post lol

Love this to death and such an awesome two-sider (can't find Ooh Baby on youtube though) and yet another courtesy of Craig M a few months back.

Singing Sam & Kitty Grove - Move It Baby

Social source share