Guest James Trouble

• Replies 55
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest James Trouble

Check this out Pete, it's off the album. It's called "My Four Leaf Clover".

Try and tell me this is not going to go massive on the northern scene! This time next year the 'scene' will be demanding them playing at a weekender. My guess is they'll be on MTV first though. whistling.gif

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Have a listen to this as well. "A Perfect Kind Of Love".

Shame they are not on 45 yet. :angry:

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Just taken the tracks down. Bit rude of me, as CD not out yet, and qulity wasn't really that low. Some of you got em though, keep them to yourselfs. whistling.gif I'll get some 60 second clips....

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Yeah, terrible! :thumbsup: Get back in your box Kenny. :yes::P

keepreachingup.jpg

Yes i voted for it,but they`re was loads of compitition... beer.gif i should have me`self one of these 33s for now`t,all 45s i`ve sold for ya`..... whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Yes i voted for it,but they`re was loads of compitition... :yes: i should have me`self one of these 33s for now`t,all 45s i`ve sold for ya`..... beer.gif

I heard you've been making a pretty penny from my good heart Kenny, on credit as well! :thumbsup: Don't worry mate, I'll have a special price for you next time. :Pwhistling.gif:P

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

So that'll be very upmarket for you then woolie? :wicked:

:( yeah.....you can't get everything at poundland you know (except your christmas present smartarse)

Social source share

Why is it on CD, why not put it out on a vinyl LP to ?...i have the 7" bought from the site for around £5...see well known dealers selling it for £15............. :wicked:

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

see well known dealers selling it for £15

thats a disgrace - buy it for under £5 and sell it for £15 (whilst it's still available) - this should be referred to the OFT!!!

what happened to keeping the faith and soul brothers and all that

so who paid £15 and got shafted then?

:wicked:

Social source share

Check this out Pete, it's off the album. It's called "My Four Leaf Clover".

Try and tell me this is not going to go massive on the northern scene! This time next year the 'scene' will be demanding them playing at a weekender. My guess is they'll be on MTV first though. :wicked:

it's aready massive across the board isn't j.t. it's getting played all over the shop, and certainly has been played at least one weekender, torquay mini togetherness in october.

nige brown played it in the main room, i played it in the modern room and i think john nightingale gave it a spin in the modern room too.

i love it at the mo' but i honestly think it's being overplayed already and i fear this time next year i'll be sick of it.

that aside i can't remember the last time a contemporary release had such a broad appeal, it really is a latterday monster.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

it's aready massive across the board isn't j.t. it's getting played all over the shop, and certainly has been played at least one weekender, torquay mini togetherness in october.

nige brown played it in the main room, i played it in the modern room and i think john nightingale gave it a spin in the modern room too.

i love it at the mo' but i honestly think it's being overplayed already and i fear this time next year i'll be sick of it.

that aside i can't remember the last time a contemporary release had such a broad appeal, it really is a latterday monster.

I ment play live, as the band. Top notch outfit. Know what you mean by being 'over played', but as you say, it is a monster with huge broad appeal. If they were live at a big weekender I would say they would take the roof off.

Go and buy the CD anyway, IMO one or two of the tracks on there are better than the 45 and are probably worth getting cut @ vinyl carvers. :wicked:

Social source share

I ment play live, as the band. Top notch outfit. Know what you mean by being 'over played', but as you say, it is a monster with huge broad appeal. If they were live at a big weekender I would say they would take the roof off.

Go and buy the CD anyway, IMO one or two of the tracks on there are better than the 45 and are probably worth getting cut @ vinyl carvers. :wicked:

good chance i'll be adding the c.d. to this weeks purchases after such glowing reviews bud :unsure:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Where can I get a 7"?

Timmion site says "sold out"

KTF

Jas

I might have a few left, but I don't do post office runs so you'll have to find me at a soul night. Next week at the 100 club is probably your best bet. :thumbsup:

I'll probably have a few CDs as well. :yes:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I'd be there at the 100 Club, but I live in Florida.

PM me if you decide you'll be willing to send one to the states. I'll get you sqaured away via PayPal.

KTF

Jas

Seriously mate, can't do it. Those queues at the post office are a nightmare.

Saying that, the wait to get into the 100 club most months isn't disimilar to the the queue at the post office on pensions day! :yes::thumbsup:

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I really don't see the point of someone making a pastiche of a 1960's detroit soul track in 2005.

Because they want to and they are rather good at it? :thumbsup:

Social source share

She can't sing particularly well can she

dam,sod, bugger,pooh! i can't be bothered to instal real player, and when i try and open and play with music match jukebox it just aint 'apppenin' :thumbsup::yes::no:

still no worries i've got the single and the glowing references from you lot warrant a blind purchase :no:

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Reasonable enough but if this is the future of the northern soul scene then I'm afraid that I'm staying at home to play my Maisonettes 45. :yes:

Social source share

I'd say reasonably good at it, although it's let down quite a bit on the vocal side. But I'm afraid I have to agree with Noss.

I would defend their right to make any type of music they wish to make, and I'm sure that they're not making it for the jaded old buffers of the Rare Soul Scene specifically, but as it's beginning to be played out at soul nights, one has to ask the question - what's the difference between this and all the other tailor-mades/soundalikees that have dogged the scene throughout the years?

Because it's a passably accurate pastiche of 60s Big City Soul does it really warrant the attention it's getting? Is it just a 21st Century version of Wigan's Chosen Few or EVEN worse - Phil Collins?

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

stuff like this is the future of the scene.

Along with the 4 Vandals, Tony Blackburn, Wigan's Chosen Wotsits, Rocquie Harrell, come back Levine, your scene needs you!

There are plenty of records to play without going down the tailor made route, its hard enough to get people to listen to old records that they haven't heard before. :angry:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

stuff like this is the future of the scene. Why can't new stuff be played on the " Northen scene " ? helps blow the cob webs away IMO.

You've got to be kidding? I hope this isn't the future of the scene, tinny drums and crap vocals? It's just 3rd rate M People in my opinion.

Social source share

Here you go, sound clips from the album. :rolleyes:

Incidentally the backing track on the second Nicole Willis track posted here sounds VERY like a straight sample of a Soulful Strings Cadet LP track , wonder if its been credited on the CD ???????????????????

Smells a bit naughty to me if it hasn't been credited ... :shhh:

Edited by sunnysoul
Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

She can't sing particularly well can she

Kings New Clothes. This is a mediocre song with a mediocre singer. It's a polished turd.........she's OK as OK singers go but she can't hold a note..........it's OK............ :lol: next...........

Along with the 4 Vandals, Tony Blackburn, Wigan's Chosen Wotsits, Rocquie Harrell, come back Levine, your scene needs you!

There are plenty of records to play without going down the tailor made route, its hard enough to get people to listen to old records that they haven't heard before. :angry:

Stuart - :thumbsup:

Social source share

Hello all!

this is Juka from the Soul Investigators band.it's nice to see our music causes some discussion, at least it's been noticed, thats really nice. this is the music we love to listen and play with the band too, we have lot of fun doing it and putting to record also. we not trying to make "tailor" tracks for your scene, we just make music we like, thats simple as that. love it or hate it. BIG thanks to all who have purchased a copy our record and played it to people!

we soon have the LP out and new 7" also.

here is list of stuff we have done in the past, if some one is interested

Timmion 7"

TIM-001 OSTARI NJENGI "U-BO-TE" PARTS 1&2

TIM-002 SOULTORS "STONE COLD" PARTS 1&2

TIM-003 THE SOUL INVESTIGATORS "CHICKEN AIN'T NOTHING BUT A BIRD" PARTS 1&2

TIM-004 THE FABULOUS SOUL INVESTIGATORS "HOT PANTS ON FIRE / NEW SETTING"

TIM-006 THE SOUL INVESTIGATORS "GET DOWN WITH THE FUNKY ORGAN " PARTS 1&2

TIM-007 THE SOUL INVESTIGATORS "LET'S HAVE SOME / TROUBLE TALK"

TIM-008 DIDIER'S SOUND SPECTRUM "IMPULS / ROUTE TO THE BRAIN"

TIM-009 DIDIER'S SOUND SPECTRUM "COMPOSITION #6 / PROGRESSIVE TREATMENT UNIT

TIM-010 Herb Johnson & the SOUL INVESTIGATORS "I KNOW / Make you wanna holler"

TIM-011 Nicole Willis & the SOul Investigators "If this AIn't love" voc/instr.

Nite-Club 001 Ernie Hawks & the SOul Investigators "Soulful trip part 1 & 2"

Sachco-001 Nicole WIllis & The Soul Investigators "You Better Change"

/ Raw Steaks 7"

Calypso King - Calypso Strut / Party Food JIVE

Calypso King - Investigators Testifying / C'mon Boot-It! JIVE

Calypso King And The Soul Investigors - damper down popcorn/compin & smokin (Soul Fire)

LP

Calypso King And The Soul Investigors - Home Cooking (Timmion) CD / LP

Didier's Sound Spectrum - Didier's Sound Spectrum (Timmion) CD / LP

Calypso King And The Soul Investigors - Soul Strike! CD / LP (Soul Fire)

Social source share

i heard the 'four leaf clover' track at Soul or Nothing last night and i thought it sounded quite good. first time i have heard it out and the rest of my gang rated it anyway. whistling.gif

Shane

Social source share

this sounds to me like the kind of music that turns up on cds given away for free with women's sassy magazines, ya know Tash Bedingfield, Nelly Furtado, that kind of thing. I hope they're successful as it might help me drag some of my girly friends to soul nights

I voted for Amerie :thumbsup: , only because the Crazy Frog wasnt on there, that was a truly worldwide tune wasnt it?

Edited by wendy
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Kings New Clothes. This is a mediocre song with a mediocre singer. It's a polished turd.........she's OK as OK singers go but she can't hold a note..........it's OK............ :wicked: next...........

But you play Jr Walker "Tune Up" when you DJ, so I hardly think your opinion is going to sway anybody away from buying the best new recordings for over a year. :thumbsup::lol:

Social source share

i heard the 'four leaf clover' track at Soul or Nothing last night and i thought it sounded quite good. first time i have heard it out and the rest of my gang rated it anyway. :wicked:

Shane

Yes, and the dance floor response was amazing, I think only " Pat & The Blenders " got a better response, couldn't get near the floor.......

Got anymore top tips for the future Mr.Trouble.....?

Eargerly awaiting :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Yes, and the dance floor response was amazing, I think only " Pat & The Blenders " got a better response, couldn't get near the floor.......

Got anymore top tips for the future Mr.Trouble.....?

Eargerly awaiting :thumbsup:

Keb and I have been hammering a record by a UK band called the Quantic Soul Orchestra. It's a version of "End Of The Road" which is on one of their albums, but this version is better, much better. "Northern hip hop", been turning heads and filling dance floors every time it gets played. Fingers crossed they will put this version out on 45, but not heard anything yet. I'll let you know if I do...

Social source share

Keb and I have been hammering a record by a UK band called the Quantic Soul Orchestra. It's a version of "End Of The Road" which is on one of their albums, but this version is better, much better. "Northern hip hop", been turning heads and filling dance floors every time it gets played. Fingers crossed they will put this version out on 45, but not heard anything yet. I'll let you know if I do...

Spoke to Quantic a couple of weeks back when he was up here and he reckoned he's putting the non-LP version out on a 7" sometime soon. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert