Johnny Baker-Shy Guy

Kev John

Just been on popsike to see how many originals have sold in the past?

the one's on there are 2nd press ones

No orig's sold

Just a thought how many of the originals are out there

noticed Dave Pinch has 1 on you tube ,i've got 1

this record was played @ Junction 17 Sandbach in 2010

Edited by soulghost
Social source share

Just been on popsike to see how many originals have sold in the past?

the one's on there are 2nd press ones

No orig's sold

Just a thought how many of the originals are out there

noticed Dave Pinch has 1 on you tube ,i've got 1

this record was played @ Junction 17 Sandbach in 2010

Old mecca play from back in the day, probably

not too long after in was released (1973).

Pretty sure its not that rare, i've had copies in the

past, and it never seemed that tough

to get hold of.

His "Operator Operator" on the Cisco label is

also worth a listen.

kegsy

Edited by Kegsy
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Old mecca play from back in the day, probably

not too long after in was released (1973).

Pretty sure its not that rare, i've had copies in the

past, and it never seemed that tough

to get hold of.

His "Operator Operator" on the Cisco label is

also worth a listen.

kegsy

kegsey

just done popsike looked at the 5 scans and none of them have

Fog City Records in fancy italic letters around the edge of the label

go on you tube & Dave Pinch's record is there that's the 1st press that's the 1 i'm talking about

Yes it's a brill toooooon great 7t's northern

Social source share

kegsey

just done popsike looked at the 5 scans and none of them have

Fog City Records in fancy italic letters around the edge of the label

go on you tube & Dave Pinch's record is there that's the 1st press that's the 1 i'm talking about

Yes it's a brill toooooon great 7t's northern

now you have me there, i dont remember which logo was on the

copies I had.

kegsy

• Helpful 1
Social source share

the link you gave is the login page

That's because after a certain amount of searches per day you need to pay to get onto the site, so you are re-directed to the login page. It seems like you have used up your searches for today.

But rest assured, both variations are represented on Popsike. The one I linked to sold for £27 in August 2010.

Social source share

That's because after a certain amount of searches per day you need to pay to get onto the site, so you are re-directed to the login page. It seems like you have used up your searches for today.

But rest assured, both variations are represented on Popsike. The one I linked to sold for £27 in August 2010.

just looked again for the one you linked me to the 1 on popsike was the plain Logo sold on 2010 -11 - 10 $70 1bid

Social source share

Sebastian is correct. The Popsike listing was one I sold.

It's the 1st issue with the curved italic writing and yes it did sell for a paltry £27.

Most of the 2nd issues sold for more!!

thanks for that info

do you think 2nd issues sell for more because they don't have a date on label ?

Social source share

???

post-1392-0-22826500-1351522799_thumb.jp

I stand corrected

somebody got a bargain

Sebastian

If i'd just put in johnny baker in the search engine on popsike yesterday all 6 would have shown up i put in name & title and only got 5 to show up

Funny how it works hey!!!!!

atb

Edited by soulghost
Social source share

I have an original 1st issue never thought they were that rare but I would have thought £30 to £40 as there is not much demand, have had my copy since the 70s, but if it becomes popular again who knows.

Mark

thanks mark

for your reply

have have been told years back 1st press was quite hard to find found mine digging in Rob Smith,s boxes for 20 quid & in good nick but not seen any 1st presses since only the 2nd ones which i've seen for 40

up to 4 @ moment

Edited by soulghost
Social source share

ive had a couple of 1st issues over the years but did start out years ago with the 2nd issue for a quid... i sold an original to saus in the mid 90`s for a tenner..he said at the time he`d never seen one before and bought the one i have now for $3.99 on ebay about 7 years ago. not mega rare imo but not common but i dont think its got any real demand at present....its a great record tho and if it were spun again who knows

Social source share

ive had a couple of 1st issues over the years but did start out years ago with the 2nd issue for a quid... i sold an original to saus in the mid 90`s for a tenner..he said at the time he`d never seen one before and bought the one i have now for $3.99 on ebay about 7 years ago. not mega rare imo but not common but i dont think its got any real demand at present....its a great record tho and if it were spun again who knows

dave

thanks for your reply

It's got people talking about this record I know it will go big again it was played @ the Oslo weekender in 2008 &,jct 17 2010 rare soul night so getting action already

atb

Social source share

dave

thanks for your reply

It's got people talking about this record I know it will go big again it was played @ the Oslo weekender in 2008 &,jct 17 2010 rare soul night so getting action already

atb

Played 4 years ago and 2 years ago ? That must mean the next time it's going to be played must be some time in 2014 .... can't wait.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

you all seem to have a handle on the topic...

locally... i only ever see the block titled version. ive had the script one twice and the block at least a dozen or more times.

Social source share

I have the fancy logo one, bought from Neil Rushton about '77 for £2 along with "operator" - never thought either were rare or hard to find.

Would not want to sell as one of my faves - and at the right pace for me to be able to dance to from start to finish.

John

hi john thanks for reply

one of my fav's to never sell it to

that's 9

atb

Social source share

There's a copy on eBay at the moment as well:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/181001602237

There must be loads of them about.

hi Sebastian

as it's been over a week since i posted this thread and it's dried up now me thinks ?

only 9 originals have been located so as for your comment that there must be loads about was a bit premature i think

thanks for helping me out

atb

Social source share

hi Sebastian

as it's been over a week since i posted this thread and it's dried up now me thinks ?

only 9 originals have been located so as for your comment that there must be loads about was a bit premature i think

thanks for helping me out

You didn't count the two copies that jinx74 mentioned above that he's had.

I have no idea how many copies there are out there, but just because only 11 copies are accounted for by the people that have seen this thread on SoulSource doesn't mean that there are only 11 copies in existence.

Why not phone Manship and ask how many copies he's had through his hands over the years? Or John Anderson. Or any of the other major dealers. :thumbsup:

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

You didn't count the two copies that jinx74 mentioned above that he's had.

I have no idea how many copies there are out there, but just because only 11 copies are accounted for by the people that have seen this thread on SoulSource doesn't mean that there are only 11 copies in existence.

Why not phone Manship and ask how many copies he's had through his hands over the years? Or John Anderson. Or any of the other major dealers. :thumbsup:

i haven't counted jink's because he said he had them not got them now

yes i agree with you there will be more copies but there are thousands of collectors on SS as there as not been a big response

to this thread

Social source share

i haven't counted jink's because he said he had them not got them now

yes i agree with you there will be more copies but there are thousands of collectors on SS as there as not been a big response

to this thread

I know what you mean. However there's only been 476 visits to this topic, probably from only 50-75 unique visitors.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!