• Views 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Thought you disapproved of bumping? :huh:

Tra - la - la - la - fukcin - la! ph34r.gif

I did, but I was under the impression that bumping wasant allowed as we used to get told off a lot for doing it in the 'good old days' on here... but now I know it's not a problem then weyhey a bumping we will go :yes::lol:

Glad you didn't waste any of your wine Mandy whistling.gif

I did, but I was under the impression that bumping wasant allowed as we used to get told off a lot for doing it in the 'good old days' on here... but now I know it's not a problem then weyhey a bumping we will go :yes::lol:

Glad you didn't waste any of your wine Mandy whistling.gif

"The good old days"? Are we talking Music Hall here? ph34r.gif

Is that where the "tra - la - la - la - lah" came from? And as for "a bumping we will go".... :huh:

"Altogether now...." :P

erm you lot lost me now, I said what the reason was, and if that thread before had been in any other section it would have been closed down or moved to freebasing straight away by one of the other moderators.

Im happy we are allowed to bump (within reason) again, used to be a lot of fun on here. Any other problems please sort out by PM's, as I don't want to ruin this thread for such a good cause and for friends of mine, thanks x

erm you lot lost me now, I said what the reason was, and if that thread before had been in any other section it would have been closed down or moved to freebasing straight away by one of the other moderators.

Im happy we are allowed to bump (within reason) again, used to be a lot of fun on here. Any other problems please sort out by PM's, as I don't want to ruin this thread for such a good cause and for friends of mine, thanks x

No quote, but I guess thats directed to me? :huh:

Yes, the first thread got a bit silly and yes, Dave is one of the more reasonable mods... more power to his elbow, I say! ph34r.gif

You must see though that your reply to Karen about bumping was too much for a miscreant like me to resist? whistling.gif

And I don't think a bit of discussion/banter is going to ruin it, do you?

Dx

Edited by Dave

Can i remind all to please make any comments or concerns regarding the site/rules etc to not put in a thread but in the 'Soul Source Site Stuff' Forum where it is easier to respond to.

Regarding bumping - there will be new gudileines comming out soon; at the moment it is at the disgression of the moderator and over the top/blatant/nonsense bumping is discouraged.

Ta

Can i remind all to please make any comments or concerns regarding the site/rules etc to not put in a thread but in the 'Soul Source Site Stuff' Forum where it is easier to respond to.

Regarding bumping - there will be new gudileines comming out soon; at the moment it is at the disgression of the moderator and over the top/blatant/nonsense bumping is discouraged.

Ta

okey dokey, sorry if I broke any rules yes.gif

==============================

Yes, the first thread got a bit silly and yes, Dave is one of the more reasonable mods... more power to his elbow, I say!

==============================

Yes, fully agree with you Dave is a very reasonable moderator on here and didn't complain about the first thread.

Edited by Janine

And thrice Mr Mannion ..... we'd like to know what time we're all DJing please :D

With the honourable exceptions of yourself Mandy, Rachel and Davie, Baz and Gary, NOBODY has pm'd me as to when they arrive.

So if I post a rota and guess, you'll all moan like f*ck.

PM me PLEASE with an approximate arrival time asap.

Not long now folks, Steve has issued DJ times for any one whos interested in coming, looks like its going to be a right mix up of all things that come under the 'Rare Soul' lable ranting_1.gif

2.00 - 2.30 Gary

2.30 - 3.30 Brett and Mark

3.30 - 4.15 Kenny and Mandy

4.15 - 5.00 Baz and Becky

5.00 - 5.30 Rachel

5.30 - 6.00 Davie

6.00 - 6.30 Gary

6.30 - 7.30 Joe Dutton

7.30 - 8.30 Gavin Page

8.30 - 9.30 Mike Hughes

9.30 - 10.00 Mark E

10.00 - 10.30 Brett

10.30 - 11.30 Dave

11.30 - 11.55 Kenny

11.55 - 12.20 Baz

12.20 - 12.40 Davie

12.40 - 1.00 Rachel

Not long now folks, Steve has issued DJ times for any one whos interested in coming, looks like its going to be a right mix up of all things that come under the 'Rare Soul' lable :huh:

2.00 - 2.30 Gary

2.30 - 3.30 Brett and Mark

3.30 - 4.15 Kenny and Mandy

4.15 - 5.00 Baz and Becky

5.00 - 5.30 Rachel

5.30 - 6.00 Davie

6.00 - 6.30 Gary

6.30 - 7.30 Joe Dutton

7.30 - 8.30 Gavin Page

8.30 - 9.30 Mike Hughes

9.30 - 10.00 Mark E

10.00 - 10.30 Brett

10.30 - 11.30 Dave

11.30 - 11.55 Kenny

11.55 - 12.20 Baz

12.20 - 12.40 Davie

12.40 - 1.00 Rachel

Indeed Baz, planning Philly for my first half hour and Disco for the second ranting_1.gif

Looks like im going to have to mate :huh:

:huh: Its inevetable sir :lol: Oh i wonder If Gill and Becky would be so kind as to donate a W.O.D.D for the raffle, i think they have one spare ranting_1.gif

Looks like im going to have to mate ranting_1.gif

Good luck Gary, I suspect that Baz and Becky have a pretty deadly aim with those things :huh:

No disco here, crossover/70s early on I think... and will see how much energy everyone has left for the last set :huh:

No disco here, crossover/70s early on I think... and will see how much energy everyone has left for the last set :huh:

Pretty much sums up what im playing Rach, odd one or two sixties but fit in well with the rest ranting_1.gif

There is however, Philly in the box Mr Bond sir :huh:

Good luck Gary, I suspect that Baz and Becky have a pretty deadly aim with those things :huh:

Gill's the one you want to watch out for she nearly knocked Sams block off from the other end of the dance floor at Middleton ranting_1.gif

One of the things i like about the Events section of this forum is when people post their playlists, it tends to give the punter an inkling of the night in question, so i thought i'd pre-empt it and give a possible selection of tunes that i may play (this will change on the day, but it's a bit of a taster)

Possibles.......(ps all original 45's/LP's....me and Mark Etheridge have a strict policy..........personal choice thats all..so get off your high horses.... :shades: )

Danelle Darris on Commerce,Curtis Davis on Ronnie, Lorraine Rudolph on Jetstream (when i find it), Spread Love Lp on Sunstar, Jaedes on Athena, Ray Agee on Celeste, Dolly Gilmore on Dove, Bobby Reed on Bell, Ocapellos on Checker (r'n'b killer), F.J. Jones on P.S. (best x/over 45' i've got) Johnny Vanelli on Top Ten.....

Delores Gibson..(can't recall label.jazz/soul burning mover)...etc

Like i say these are in the box...some may get a spin and all may not...just wanna' give folks who may want to attend a flavour of my taste in Rare Soul..........

Brett "Axe Man" Franklin

Edited by Brett

Baz, you must be pleased Saturdays nearly here?

Cant wait mate, been sorting out tunes gonna be a gret varity of rare soul on offer me thinks :shades:

Edited by Baz

Ocapellos on Checker (r'n'b killer), Brett "Axe Man" Franklin

Any time, Any time like you say killer record Brett, in the same Vein i shall be oppting for Johnny Nash, strange feeling on Argo :shades:

You better not play Johnny Vanelli before I get there or there will be trouble :yes::shades:

You know the score Rachel, i meant to play Mr Vanelli at the recent Lifeline weekender, but ran out of time.....don't worry i'll save it for later..........thats if i play it.... :ohmy:

You know the score Rachel, i meant to play Mr Vanelli at the recent Lifeline weekender, but ran out of time.....don't worry i'll save it for later..........thats if i play it.... :yes:

Gimme just a little something to sleep oorrrnnnnn :ohmy::shades: ...I'm not coming so don't play it Brett...it's not allowed anywhere but the Greatstone :shhh::yes:

Gimme just a little something to sleep oorrrnnnnn :ohmy::shades: ...I'm not coming so don't play it Brett...it's not allowed anywhere but the Greatstone :shhh::yes:

What about if I phone you up while it's being played, whilst dancing and singing along...? :yes:

Gimme just a little something to sleep oorrrnnnnn :shades::shhh: ...I'm not coming so don't play it Brett...it's not allowed anywhere but the Greatstone :ohmy::yes:

Well Sharon i aim to phone Paul H if i play any Greatstone "classics"..you know like a meeting of two clubs, hands across the pond and all that.......Hey Sharon i was gonna play Carl Hall for you and Rich, sad to hear you're not coming across

Well Sharon i aim to phone Paul H if i play any Greatstone "classics"..you know like a meeting of two clubs, hands across the pond and all that.......Hey Sharon i was gonna play Carl Hall for you and Rich, sad to hear you're not coming across

Babysitter problem this weekend (lack of..) looks like Rich and I are splitting up..me to Bury, Friday...him to Castle Greatstone Saturday..Have a fab day...and be good :shades:

Babysitter problem this weekend (lack of..) looks like Rich and I are splitting up..me to Bury, Friday...him to Castle Greatstone Saturday..Have a fab day...and be good :shades:

Shame you're not going to be there, was looking forward to meeting a fellow blue, living down here in La La Land you don't get to talk to many :yes:

QoFxx

Edited by chrissieo

well i know that i'll deffo play .... haunted by dusty on atlantic demo and stormy by "whoever" on Davie Big Boy Tunes lolol

I think I know that one, is it ***** ******* on ***?

Source Advert