Worst Record Ever

Cunnie

Been looking at some of the threads recently, best this that & the other so i thought i'd throw this up.

Why? I was out last Saturday at a 70s night & it was a pretty good night & then somebody had to spoil it by spinning the mindnumbingly awful "Love don't go through no changes in me" by SISTER SLUDGE unsure.gif

God i hate that bloody record, really winds me up the wrong way it does, makes me bloody cringe just thinking about it.I swear if they were all melted down & made into ashtrays i'd stop smoking straight away.

There's a few more that are nearly as bad (IMO) eg, The Metro's - When i'm with my bay bee. Rufus Lumley - I'm standing, Bobby Well's - Be that way sometimes, Mr Day - Soul on wax etc etc but nothing as bad as SISTER SLUDGE.

Come on then, what makes you all cringe, not looking for the usual comments like Al or Frank Wilson, any modern or RnB etc, just the track that makes you shudder & cringe.

Go on, get it off your chest :D

Social source share

• Replies 90
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Third window from the right. DEAN BARLOW...............................what is that

when i ran the compass club Whitley bay back in the early 80's, on a tuesday we had the rock and roll nights, the DJ played it with gusto....THEN SOME BRIGHT SPARK DECIDED to play it on the R&B scene and hey presto.. we can dance to this ....the norther..oops Nostalgia crowd grabbed it..complete dross.

geoordie

Social source share

Third window from the right. DEAN BARLOW...............................what is that

when i ran the compass club Whitley bay back in the early 80's, on a tuesday we had the rock and roll nights, the DJ played it with gusto....THEN SOME BRIGHT SPARK DECIDED to play it on the R&B scene and hey presto.. we can dance to this ....the norther..oops Nostalgia crowd grabbed it..complete dross.

geoordie

Oh my god Ian, i'd just about forgot how bad Dean Barlow was & you've just reminded me ya t**t !

Must rank in the all time top 10 worst records played unsure.gif

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Rock and roll in fact you can say that about a lot of R & B When Albrighton was on the lads at the back went up to one quite well known DJ and asked if he had any soul records in his box unsure.gif

r'n'b is the future as i keep saying , young people love it ....believe me !!!!

Davie

Social source share

Rock and roll in fact you can say that about a lot of R & B When Albrighton was on the lads at the back went up to one quite well known DJ and asked if he had any soul records in his box :D

Same degree of originality as the muppets that ask upfront DJs if they've got any Northern, eh? unsure.gif

Social source share

Come on then, what makes you all cringe, not looking for the usual comments like Al or Frank Wilson, any modern or RnB etc, just the track that makes you shudder & cringe.

Go on, get it off your chest whistling.gif

Erm....."Cheeky Song (Touch My Bum)" - The Cheeky Girls :secret:

Social source share

Fascinating Girl - George Lemons

Moronic, badly sung, pointless - no soul content, no redeeming features whatsoever.

===================

Depends if you suffer from insomnia or not whistling.gif

The record I really dislike is the LaRue, and I know it's popular, but I can't stand it, think its a really messy record, all over the place.

Winnie:-)

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I've said it before, but i'll say it again..

Wake up to the sunshine girl - Joey De Lorenzo

What a heap of shite, but the most annoying thing is that the intro isn't too bad so i start dancing but when i realise what it is i have to sneak off the floor. Catches me out every time whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

I've said it before, but i'll say it again..

Wake up to the sunshine girl - Joey De Lorenzo

What a heap of shite, but the most annoying thing is that the intro isn't too bad so i start dancing but when i realise what it is i have to sneak off the floor. Catches me out every time whistling.gif

You took the vitrol right out of my mouth..........if ever there was a record that I would put up against a wall and shoot, it would be that...........WAKE UP TO THE FECKING SUNSHINE.........It's a cornflake ad for gawd's sake - make it stop........... shout.gif Jo

Social source share

There's a few more that are nearly as bad (IMO) eg, The Metro's - When i'm with my bay bee.

if you mean the metros since i found my baby cunnie i've got to throw one of these at you: whistling.gif

if you mean the magnetics when i'm with my baby i've got to throw five: :thumbsup::wicked::yes::P:D

worst record ever - IMO the joker went wild by bryan hyland. or any instrumental.

Social source share

2 of the worst record's ever IMO are :

Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes - Get Out (and let me cry). Want to cry cause it's being played....Can't stand the boring, droan of the record...

Ric Martin - I travelled the road. Not far enough in my opinion. whistling.gif

Sure there's a few more...

Karen

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes - Get Out (and let me cry). Want to cry cause it's being played....Can't stand the boring, droan of the record...

Ric Martin - I travelled the road. Not far enough in my opinion. whistling.gif

Karen

I like those two! I don't think I'd play them out though. My pet hate is the Velvets Gotta Find Me Somebody whoooo-oooh, but its not that its a bad record, I just have it in my mind as a sort of cliche record. Yuck! Now view Dottie & Millie, Because of You, You Got To Have Money in the same light.

For true badness howsabout Rodd Keith (sorry Frynny and Sharnya!)?

Social source share

You took the vitrol right out of my mouth..........if ever there was a record that I would put up against a wall and shoot, it would be that...........WAKE UP TO THE FECKING SUNSHINE.........It's a cornflake ad for gawd's sake - make it stop........... shout.gif Jo

Have to say I completely agree! "Wake Up To The Shitesun" may be rare, but it's a personal irritation.......

Social source share

"Ski-ing in the snow" by the "Beach Girls" . Bloody hell i can't belive i bought this only 18 months ago :P

Saw it going cheap on demo, never heard it, thouht, wonder what that's like & it was £20 in J Manship's book so i bought it. How did it ever get listed as N soul ??

J Manship you have got a lot to answer for :yes:

P.S. Anyone want to buy it ?? lovely piece of pounding girl group N Soul whistling.gif it's £20 on J Manship's, Yours for only £5 bargin bargin bargin :thumbsup:

But as for crap records that are recognised as decent, "Cool Off" & "Moonlight Music & You" always got on my tits ! Also i can vaguely remember a song, i think it was something like "There's That Mountain" ? it was a rip off of something really good, ( was it Cigarete Ashes / That Beating Rhythm ?) GOD THAT ONE USED TO MAKE MY BLOOD BOIL !! :D & another that was an alternative to "Bobby Treetop - Wait Till i Get To Know You" I think ?

In fact i'm gonna generalise here, ALL ALTERNATIVE VOCALS TO CLASSICS MAKE ME BLOODY MAD !!!!! :D:wicked::D

Social source share

Guest ScooterNik

The Pyramid. I really hate that song. Spend 3 minutes of your life waiting for something to happen, but it never does. Add in bad vocals and a bored producer...

No wonder its rare.

Mind you I like Joey DeLorenzo so what do I know? unsure.gif

Social source share

But as for crap records that are recognised as decent, "Cool Off" & "Moonlight Music & You" always got on my tits !

Like "Cool Off", as it's the only soul record I know that starts off with the sound of someone having a pee! unsure.gif

Backing track was better utilised on "The Mighty Lover" though.

Social source share

Also i can vaguely remember a song, i think it was something like "There's That Mountain" ? it was a rip off of something really good, ( was it Cigarete Ashes / That Beating Rhythm ?) GOD THAT ONE USED TO MAKE MY BLOOD BOIL !! :yes: & another that was an alternative to "Bobby Treetop - Wait Till i Get To Know You" I think ?

In fact i'm gonna generalise here, ALL ALTERNATIVE VOCALS TO CLASSICS MAKE ME BLOODY MAD !!!!! :D:D:wicked:

it was the tripps and i think it was a classic :P

as for being a rip off of that beatin rhythm, i think the tripps were led by jimmy conwell so unless someone else knows better this is basically an alternative and 'proper' vocal? as opposed to the richard temple beatin rhythm track which is semi-instr really.

The Pyramid. I really hate that song. Spend 3 minutes of your life waiting for something to happen, but it never does. Add in bad vocals and a bored producer...

No wonder its rare.

:Dwhistling.gif:thumbsup:

how can those be bad vocals? that is midtempo soul at its absolute best IMO

takes all sorts i spose

Edited by Dan
Social source share

I like those two! I don't think I'd play them out though. My pet hate is the Velvets Gotta Find Me Somebody whoooo-oooh, but its not that its a bad record, I just have it in my mind as a sort of cliche record. Yuck! Now view Dottie & Millie...

:thumbsup:unsure.gif

Social source share

Guest ScooterNik

"Re: My 'The Pyramid' comment

how can those be bad vocals? that is midtempo soul at its absolute best IMO

takes all sorts i spose

What? there are worse?

Agree with your Tripps comment though

Social source share

Gene....so you got a Pink sweater to then mate?, i bet you look better than me in yours though :shades:

Mark Bicknell.

Pink sweater, but no short skirt, and no knickers mate!! :shades:

See, even in the early '60s, pink sweaters were fashionable for us guys!!!

Gene

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Dee Clark thats my Girl

Daft lyrics, but that flute does my head in

The alternative b side is great though, the one that isn't Its Raining, forget the title. Was unaware of it until last week!

Social source share

Like "Cool Off", as it's the only soul record I know that starts off with the sound of someone having a pee! :shades:

Backing track was better utilised on "The Mighty Lover" though.

Gene, That was ten times worse !!!!

Social source share

Travis Womack - Scratchy....what's that all about then?????

Mark Bicknell.

I did hear many moons ago ( and took it with a big pinch of salt) that Scratchy was the source of the term 'scratching' or was it the other way around? If you play the vocal bit backwards it sounds exactly the same as forwards. Very early use of this technique either way.

Social source share

Ric Martin - I travelled the road. Not far enough in my opinion. :shades:

Karen

Knew I'd forgotten one - Alfie Davidson - Love is a serious business.....boring!

Karen

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert