Why, Why Oh Why?

Who cares if people wanna dance in the vid thats up to them if they wanna make some money thats also fine just dont get up tight about it. Its not to my taste so I avoid it simples.

Social source share

OH DEAR! Stop it please. I love all genres of music, but this is pants, and what the hell has the style of music got to do with Northern?

You could say that about some of the music played at some events! :rofl: :D  

L :thumbsup: 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Who cares if people wanna dance in the vid

we do. See previous posts

thats up to them

so you say 

if they wanna make some money thats also fine

making money trying to make their shit song and vid more cool by having a northern soul feel to it, oh yeah, fine & dandy that!

just dont get up tight about it.

Will if I want

Its not to my taste so I avoid it simples.

marvelous, but don't say 'simples'

Your signature speaks volumes btw.. :pirate: 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest MBarrett

Young people making young people music and doing young people things.

They make their own rules - like we did.

Good luck to them I say . . . . . . . . . . :D

Social source share

You tell em Ian!

:lol:

Peter

I dont think it has a northern soul feel to it and besides even if it did hardcore soul fans would not even go for this tosh. so dont let it up set you

Social source share

I dont think it has a northern soul feel to it and besides even if it did hardcore soul fans would not even go for this tosh. so dont let it up set you

Upset me? 

I'm not sure that the smiley thingy  :lol:"‹  means I'm upset.

Peter 

Social source share

Definitely one guy, if not more from Elaine's cast. 

I am quite surprised at the animosity in this thread towards a harmless pop song with some youngish dancers apeing the scene.

People on here get too hung up on "protecting" our underground scene that has been overground since 1973....and the quote about not wanting them to exploit the scene is almost laughable.

If you don't like it, don't buy it or don't watch it again. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Can't play the vid on this link or direct on youtube for some reason.........but get the gist from the above remarks.

Bit too late to worry about other people cashing in on the scene.

As for the kids (not seen it so assuming they aren't my vintage) appearing in this or any other video how the f*ck is that a problem ?

Its up to anyone who can dance to dance when, where and for whom they choose....just like if is for any record collector to set about d-jaying when, where and for whom he chooses.

As stated in the previous post, like it or not, Its not an underground scene anymore.

Social source share

Definitely one guy, if not more from Elaine's cast. 

I am quite surprised at the animosity in this thread towards a harmless pop song with some youngish dancers apeing the scene.

People on here get too hung up on "protecting" our underground scene that has been overground since 1973....and the quote about not wanting them to exploit the scene is almost laughable.

If you don't like it, don't buy it or don't watch it again. 

Lazy ill placed plagiarism is what it is Brian. They even nicked the spot lit dancer scene from the Duffy video.

There is zero soul content to the music in this video. This is why the topic starter refrained from any involvement. Therefore the use of northern soul types as dancers in this video is false advertising in that anyone would dance like that, to music like that. Polishing a turd is what they're doing imo.

If none of this is uncomfortable for you, or like minded posters, that is fine. However this is a discussion forum, so discuss we will and whatever thoughts anyone has on the subject,is their right. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I said 'eat some Porridge' Sooty! :lol: 

x

The only way one can judge such things as good or bad Len...is to listening to good...and bad!x I listened...and I repeat...I like the scene build up and it looked like St Ives in the alcoves! But...never seen anyone go to chat up a girrrl at a doo!!....well I ain;t!!! Talk their heads of yeah...stopped loads from doing that!! But 'lurve' at a doo????!!! We all love each uver but don;t go looking for it...do we?! Well none of my mates who were single on the mini bus did....! Perhaps that's why they were single....?!....! So...the posting has made me think....and reminisce...but yep...sh*te attempt at tapping the Norvern scene but liked the people walking into the room! An earthquake should have happened and they fall in a pit and the singer and band all slide in togever...a puff of smoke end of film. I;d have been happy...and eaten me porridge!x Fanks for bringing me to me senses Len....what have I done without you around for the past 14 years??!!!x

LUV

SOOTY

X

....I mean....waddya say? Hi...me names Sooty wots ures? Want a drink? Yeah...nice....ah...hold on a minute luv...I gotta dance to this tune wivout yer! I mean...she'd think i;m gay or summink wouldn';t she? Unsociable at least? I just can't see it happening....for me....am i gay len??/...none of me Lady friends have thought so?!x Who put the flippin' video up....jeeeezuuuuuz. I was having such a happy day!x

...and...wot do I do wiv all these shirts that have got porridge on 'em???!!x

@@

~

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Fanks for bringing me to me senses Len....what have I done without you around for the past 14 years??!!!x

LUV

SOOTY

X

He, he - You're welcome :) 

......the last 14 years?......I dread to think :lol: 

All the best,

Len :thumbsup: 

Social source share

Lazy ill placed plagiarism is what it is Brian. They even nicked the spot lit dancer scene from the Duffy video.

There is zero soul content to the music in this video. This is why the topic starter refrained from any involvement. Therefore the use of northern soul types as dancers in this video is false advertising in that anyone would dance like that, to music like that. Polishing a turd is what they're doing imo.

If none of this is uncomfortable for you, or like minded posters, that is fine. However this is a discussion forum, so discuss we will and whatever thoughts anyone has on the subject,is their right. 

I couldn't agree more Simsy. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!