News: Mr Dynamite: The Rise of James Brown Film

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watched this last night, two hours long and absolutely brilliant, enjoyed one part where Brown gets his hair cut and a phone in caller says "I love your natural" and that must be where the inspiration

The cape man made it for me.

Posted

Watched this last night, two hours long and absolutely brilliant, enjoyed one part where Brown gets his hair cut and a phone in caller says "I love your natural" and that must be where the inspiration for the Towana & Total Destruction song comes from.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Excellent documentary.  Really  brings home the power of his live shows. Similar to Standing In the Shadows recognition is given to the  band members who contributed massively to the emerging funk sound,  Pee Wee Ellis in particular.  How "fair" it was as an analysis of JB the person is difficult to assess. It paints a picture of a flawed individual, his personality  the result of his traumatic early life experiences. 

soul source url
Social source share
  • 3 months later...
Posted (edited)

Watched last nite - fabulous stuff , essential viewing with some great music and footage .

:rofl:

Edited by tfk
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I was dissapointed that his recent bio pic didn't come to our local flea pit earlier in the year but last night more than made up for it. Went to be bed thinking 'god I'm gonna teach my self to dance like him' :D  Ade

soul source url
Social source share
Guest Byrney
Posted

Just finished it, excellent and glad it did show the flaws. Interesting his politics in the Nixon era too.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Just watched it , one of the best documentary I've seen in a long time, stage footage and dancing just don't get better, like the bit when someone says Jagger was in the wings and felt intimidated - and he snaps back, we had to wait an hour and have a different crowd - calm down Mick

soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
  1. Dynamite Singletary On Dynamite
    Record Sales by pomonkey on Wed 28 Nov 2007
    • 2 / 806