mike

News: Mr Dynamite: The Rise of James Brown Film

Watched this last night, two hours long and absolutely brilliant, enjoyed one part where Brown gets his hair cut and a phone in caller says "I love your natural" and that must be where the inspiration for the Towana & Total Destruction song comes from.

Excellent documentary.  Really  brings home the power of his live shows. Similar to Standing In the Shadows recognition is given to the  band members who contributed massively to the emerging funk sound,  Pee Wee Ellis in particular.  How "fair" it was as an analysis of JB the person is difficult to assess. It paints a picture of a flawed individual, his personality  the result of his traumatic early life experiences. 

Watched last nite - fabulous stuff , essential viewing with some great music and footage .

:rofl:

Edited by tfk

I was dissapointed that his recent bio pic didn't come to our local flea pit earlier in the year but last night more than made up for it. Went to be bed thinking 'god I'm gonna teach my self to dance like him' :D  Ade

Just watched it , one of the best documentary I've seen in a long time, stage footage and dancing just don't get better, like the bit when someone says Jagger was in the wings and felt intimidated - and he snaps back, we had to wait an hour and have a different crowd - calm down Mick

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.