"i'm Gone" On Ebay

Tricky

Just hope for buyer it plays OK but it does look ruff..........................

I've got a feeling that this 45 was played first and thats why nobody could get a soundfile of it!!! I know a few people besides Nev that tried and failed!! Doesn't look too promising!!! :( but as you say hope it does play Ok!! :yes:

Social source share

I've got a feeling that this 45 was played first and thats why nobody could get a soundfile of it!!! I know a few people besides Nev that tried and failed!! Doesn't look too promising!!! :( but as you say hope it does play Ok!! :yes:

I think i`ll nip down to the scrap yard tomorrow and offer them 3 grand for a knackered 20 year old Ford!

It might cost me more, the one i`m looking at is right at the bottom of the pile.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Martin told me he first went over in 1968 which i wasn't aware of, i thought it was 1970 like you said .It would be nice to be getting those parcels now from back then .... 

I remember an interview Martin did with Richard Searling ,and he said first time he went was Xmas '67 , and the first record he bought was " Shades Down " by Detroit Emeralds on Ric- Tic , and then laughed ,saying imagine what records would have been in the Detroit shops at that time .He then came back and went and stayed a year later .He also said he had the first USA Blue Stax of " Candy " by The Astors at The Wheel ,which was only known at that time on UK Black Atlantic .Look forward to the book and any videos etc .cheers Eddie

• Helpful 1
Social source share

The wonders of the internet, unless im mistaken the very same record is/was for sale on this forum yesterday...

Somebody has had a change of heart maybe.....and is now selling...??

The scratch marks on the "Im Gone" label give it away so easily, check for yourself. Every day that passes I cant help but feel this once but glorious underground music scene we knew as Northern Soul has become subjected to utter madness with the prices that certain records fetch in crap condition. Apparently its a VG and plays through ok so maybe that eases a few minds for the price that was paid but IMHO its way too much for the record and its condition ( it was one of my fave oldies as well)

Think we got to rewrite the price guides maybe...a lot of records that we thought there were only a handful of years ago have suddenly over the years started to grow in number...look at Cecil Washington on Prophonics as an example....More to the point, its also the wonders of the internet that breeds and feeds the freak show of crazy prices being paid for vinyl.

Edited by foi
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!