Debbie Dean on JM Auction

What a coincidence this is as I am right in the middle of trying to get some prices for ebay listings and I'm really scratching my head with a Philippines Motown copy of these two sides. I'm still none the wiser though - anything from £150 upwards?

Social source share

12 hours ago, gointoagogo said:

What a coincidence this is as I am right in the middle of trying to get some prices for ebay listings and I'm really scratching my head with a Philippines Motown copy of these two sides. I'm still none the wiser though - anything from £150 upwards?

Does the Philippines one have a picture sleeve by chance ?

Social source share

I thought a few this week were reasonably priced:

Mint Cautions - £589

demo Motown You're Gonna Love My Baby £150

Ronnie Forte no higher than expected in today's market. 

Just my opinion 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest johnny hart

Motown wise; despite Debbie"s Delusion, Babs  " your Gonna" US DJ £150, Tempts " Growing" £197R&W, and shock horror ; " Gonna Find a " Bottom ( pardon! ) a derisory £264,( Discogs 1 at nearly £400),  Don"t panic JM ,before you reach for the Stella? Some big hitters next week,the guys a genius. 

Social source share

He's also got that Tobi Legend/Montclairs withdrawn UK test-pressing for next week. There's only 5 (of which one resides with me), so I'll be curious to see what happens with that one. It's got to be one of the all-time rarest UK pressings. Mine will never leave but I wouldn't mind another copy if it stays within range.......

Ian D :)

Social source share

Johnny Manship buys and sells records as a profession. He sells records for other people who would like, maybe need, to get the best possible price. Johnny delivers for the sellers. Buy a record from Johnny and he delivers too - great service. 

Seems to me like it's a win win - yet the geezer still gets grief!

?

Social source share

No grief from me, just amazement and admiration. Great service when I buy from him also. 

What his auction prices often prove is the power of his brand. Global seller with impeccable credentials. He is the Christies of rare soul auctions and good luck to him. 

Social source share

14 hours ago, Ian Dewhirst said:

He's also got that Tobi Legend/Montclairs withdrawn UK test-pressing for next week. There's only 5 (of which one resides with me), so I'll be curious to see what happens with that one. It's got to be one of the all-time rarest UK pressings. Mine will never leave but I wouldn't mind another copy if it stays within range.......

isnt this simply a test press reissue of a reissue? cant anybody and there granny get these things knocked up? forgive me if im completely wrong,im from the north,and to blunt for my own good sometimes..haha

• Helpful 2
Social source share

3 hours ago, dobber said:

isnt this simply a test press reissue of a reissue? cant anybody and there granny get these things knocked up? forgive me if im completely wrong,im from the north,and to blunt for my own good sometimes..haha

No, it's a bit different from that as it was initially authorized before the track then got withdrawn, so it was an official authorized pressing which had just 5 TPs done before being rescinded. Plus it has the complete paperwork. I'm pretty sure I know where the other 3 are but this one got away.

And yeah, I think you can pretty much get anything knocked up on a UK label these days but not not authorized, so they would be boots rather than a legitimate pressing. I'm biased 'cos I love stuff like this and it still happens all the time. Anyone spotted this year's RSD cockup yet? Instant collectible. 

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi All...Can I start off with a statement of fact, JOHN MANSHIP sells records that are in the best condition on the MANSHIPS AUCTION page, as such he has no obligation to stop people from bidding on any record because it reaches a price well above what we may get for the same record if we put it up for sale.

However I have the 2 sided white DEMO that along with a few other 45s were played at the CATS, yes the actual record that as played, what is the value of that copy (with provenance) ??? 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!