Thanks Everyone

Guest hammy

I'd just like to thank everyone - close friends, acquaintances, and others for the many good wishes you've posted on here following my recent bout of ill health.

On the 1st of January I was walking home with my girlfriend after a night out in Queens, NYC when I was knocked to the ground and handcuffed by two New York policeman on Astoria Boulevard. I was told I'd been spotted 'pissing in a parking lot' (not true as I was only 200 yrds from my gfs apartment) and that I was under arrest. Despite enjoying new years eve I was sober and in fairly calm spirits.

I was then taken to the 43rd precinct and told I was under arrest although no charges were presented at that time. All my possessions were confiscated - including my insulin. I was told I couldn't have it back as they didn't know what it was. I had both ID in my possession and a card confirming I was a diabetic.

From there I was transferred to central booking in Queens - pistol whipped on the back en route for not showing 'respect' - and locked in shackles and chains. In the holding pen my health began to deteriorate severely. Again I raised this with the EMT in the jail but they said I was 'acting' and to 'shut up'. At this point I collapsed in the cell but nothing was done for 2 hours before eventually I was taken to hospital.

Once there I was suffering from ketoacidosis and a blood sugar count of 60 mmol (10 times higher than normal) - high enough to kill basically and put on a drip. During all of this I was handcuffed to the bed and my legs were still in shackles. I had an armed guard in case I felt like 'running away'. The hospital was full of gang members and crack addicts and was swarming with cops.

After 10 hours I insisted I was discharged and taken back to central booking where I was told I'd be put before a judge - at this point i was still not aware of what I was being charged with. It then became apparent that they had nothing to charge me with. Had I been pissing in the parking lot, this violation would have carried a 25 dollar fine. However, as it was new years eve the cops who arrested me decided they could make double-time by arresting people at the end of their shift, then 'putting them through the system' . At the precinct I watched as scores of guys were being booked for non-offences.

I had to pay $2500 for a manhatten lawyer.

When I finally went before the judge - I was told the police wanted me charged with " depositing offensive material in public" ( or something like that). My lawyer informed me this somewhat obscure piece of legislation is normally used against, and I quote, " travelling circuses in the city who fail to clean up their elephant dung."

Although central booking in Queens contained one or two scary characters most were in the same position as myself. They'd been lifted by bent cops on new year looking to make overtime. One guy was even in there for 'throwing his bed in the air'. Seemingly his mother (who lives in the apartment below him) called the police when she heard a noise from upstairs. He'd thrown his bed in the air after being upset at a film on TV. This led to his arrest.

The entire trial took 37 seconds - I timed it on my watch - before all charges were dropped.

I'm now at home seeing if there's permanent damage to my kidneys and or other organs and intend to sue NYPD. I'm not holding my breath though.

Hammy

Social source share

• Replies 29
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hammy that is absolutely terrible and disgusting behaviour and they wonder why the majority of US citizens can't stand the pigs!! I sincerely hope you're well again and no permanent damage has been caused - physically and mentally. I hope you get along with suing them too .. I work for a rather large litigation law practice so if you need any help just give me a shout thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

I'm now at home seeing if there's permanent damage to my kidneys and or other organs and intend to sue NYPD. I'm not holding my breath though.

Christ mate, if you need a hand on the legal side, although not really my area, feel free to ask and I'll see if there is anything I cam do. Just hope your health recovers.

Social source share

its one of those stories that you just couldn't make up

hope everything ends up OK, and that your kidneys aren't damaged in the long term.

sue for millions....

Social source share

F***in wan*ers :angry:

Sue the cnuts for every thing you can!

Hope the ordeal has left no perminant health problems, and your all OK, like steve says take it to the papers ect.

All the best mate :lol:

Social source share

BASTARDS

And they invade countries all over the globe and try to enforce there ethics on others , no wonder they are the most hated race on the planet..............exept those nice Americans who have records to sell me.

Anyway I sincerely hope all turns out well for you

Social source share

Thats a terrible thing to happen to you Hammy, first i hope your health recovers & you dont suffer any mental stress... then sue the bastards for all you can get.

Best wishes & good luck

Social source share

Guest soul kitten

unbelievable ,you could nt make that up, :D

had dealing with the Florida police last February for going through a red light ,she scared the shit out of us and i did nt get out of the car so can really emphasis with you,the fact that they are armed is enough,Hope you get plenty out of them the bastards.

diabetes is a complicated disease so hope all that settles for you to you need to write every ache ,twinge,etc down as it could contribute to your health in the long term,so need to go to wards your case. :thumbsup::lol:

take care,

Social source share

Blimey! I hope you are ok long term.

As a note did you see that guy yesterday, an English professor or something, crossed the road in the wrong place, a cop knocked him to the ground and theres a picture of the poor bloke suited and booted, obviously about 60 and surrounded by about 7 cops.

Social source share

Blimey! I hope you are ok long term.

As a note did you see that guy yesterday, an English professor or something, crossed the road in the wrong place, a cop knocked him to the ground and theres a picture of the poor bloke suited and booted, obviously about 60 and surrounded by about 7 cops.

Should USA to,UPSA the United police states of America,from what see/hear.

Good lukc Hammy,in whatever you decide.

Social source share

Guest Karen Heath

I hope you make a speedy recovery both physically and psychologically.I can't imagine what you went through- it must have been terrifying.

Good luck with everything. :lol:

Social source share

Shame on them! Absulute f**ckin' disgrace. Have had 3 dealings with the guys that "serve and protect" here. An absolute F**CKIN DISGRACE in all three instances! Macho, bully boys with the public's protection and interest taking a bottom priority whilst sick leave, overtime, benefits, free donuts and the demand to show some "respect" far higher on their list. Heroes...every one of em. :lol: Don't get me started on the Boot Camps! Hammy, hope your health is on the mend and no permanent damage. If you get the chance take them to the cleaners!

This is how "The Man" treats the weaker members of society: I've seen the video. MURDER. Absolutely! How many times did they get away with it. Or how many Hammys were there on NYE?

https://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll...9/APN/612294261

Regards,

Dave

https://www.theresthatbeat.com

https://www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Social source share

Guest mrs norman maine

Hammy, that was disturbing enough to read, so G#d only knows what it was like to actually go through!

Good luck with pursuing it & I think it's a really good idea to go to the press as soon as possible. Also, as someone already said on here, keep a log of any ill -effects that you feel, as you don't know yet what the long-term effects on your health might be.

My fingers & toes are all crossed for you with this. Good luck & don't give up, for yourself & for all the other people it could happen to!

Take care & keep us informed of what's happening.

Social source share

Really disturbing episode, the sort of thing that you would not believe could happen if you did'nt hear about it first hand. I've been to the USA dozens of times and never had any problems but have always believed it wouldn't take much to upset the fascist attitudes of the police, customs officers etc.

Hope you have a speedy recovery, mate and if possible sue the fu**ers for as much as you can.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Shocking!

I was in New York last year and felt really safe following the zero tolerance campaign. Looks like it's not the druggies and muggers that are the problem any more though. I'll certainly watch my step when i go again.

All the best and hope you get compensated. :wub:

Social source share

Sorry to hear of your ordeal Hammy, can hardly believe such a thing could happen and that they took away your medication without checking with a doctor, such a serious situation which I sincerely hope dosen't cause you long term damage. Just unbelievable and must have been a huge worry for your girlfriend.

Hope your feeling a little better though after such an ordeal it maybe a little while before your back to yourself. Take care and have lot's of rest and here's hoping no long term damage has been done. Make sure you get the B*stard's struck of the police force so it can't happen again, though sense too many probably working in the same way.

Best wishes

Karen

Social source share

I cant believe that anywhere in this world nowadays does not understand the seriousness of diabetes and to be so ignorant about your card and ID is verging on attempted manslaughter if the worse was to of happened.

Hope you make a full recovery and all is ok

Bearsy

Social source share

disturbing is too mild a word, I sincerely hope there's no long term damage mate, licensed mugging nothing less, it's a terrible thing to be attacked by annyone let alone those who are supposed to protect us, helpless is how you feel and angry, don;t be afaid to seek council Hammy . I have done and having always thought it was for the weak i realised what a lot of macho crap that is , it begins the healing process when you've had your faith n humanity so violently shaken. Take care and All the Very Best . Chris & Carlos :thumbsup:

Social source share

Good heavens - I'm shocked! What a terrible ordeal!! Good luck with your lawsuit endeavours and I hope there isn't any permanent long term damage to your internals.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert