Ady Potts

• Replies 551
  • Views 43.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The Christine Cooper thread got me thinking, why don't we do one on rarer issue's & demo's. So if it's one you dont see every day of the week, post it up.

Here's one to kick off with....

J.B.Bingham on an issue

This is a great idea for a thread. I love looking at label scans. I think I've got one that may be of interest, I'll go and dig it out.

Good stuff Ady :wicked:

Social source share

I've always wanted to know why things on the major lables MGM RCA ect are always rarer on issue than demo :wicked: such major lable have a big bit of clout behind them money wise, so why did they always press up more demos seems backwards to me, but there 'should' be thousands of the issues around (but obviously they are not) thoughts any one?

Social source share

I've always wanted to know why things on the major lables MGM RCA ect are always rarer on issue than demo :D such major lable have a big bit of clout behind them money wise, so why did they always press up more demos seems backwards to me, but there 'should' be thousands of the issues around (but obviously they are not) thoughts any one?

Baz,

It's cos the majors had the money, that they pressed loads of demos, and then the record bombed, so very few issues were pressed. :wicked:

Social source share

I've always wanted to know why things on the major lables MGM RCA ect are always rarer on issue than demo :wicked: such major lable have a big bit of clout behind them money wise, so why did they always press up more demos seems backwards to me, but there 'should' be thousands of the issues around (but obviously they are not) thoughts any one?

Could be that the major labels would flood the radio stations with demos and only release issues if the demand was there?

Social source share

Baz,

It's cos the majors had the money, that they pressed loads of demos, and then the record bombed, so very few issues were pressed. :wicked:

Could be that the major labels would flood the radio stations with demos and only release issues if the demand was there?

Quite an obvious answer really aint it :D

I mean some of the demos that are about on MGM that only fetch £30 or say, they must have pressed up 1000's no wonder they never sold any issues, they give every one free demos so they fcuked their own market up laugh.gif

Social source share

Very good topic indeed. I do love looking at labels. That Rose Brooks is amazing soul45s. I always pictured it being yellow for some reason :unsure:

Think this is rarer on a demo (?)...

post-2018-1169432281_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert