Selling up

48 minutes ago, Scooterboy said:

If you want to sell as a collection, then you may be limiting your options or have to take an offer that someone is prepared to accept.  A Dealer will understandably want to make a profit and won't therefore pay 'going rates', and a collector may only be interested in a selection of records, not wanting to pay much for the 45s that they don't need and will then have to resell (the Dealer too may struggle to quickly sell-on some records).

You may gain most interest (and value) by selling as many individual records as you can, then inviting offers for any left...but that's just my view.

That’s right! In other words cherry pick your own collection😂

Social source share

Selling privately is best for your top sounds but may leave you with a lot of unwanted items. Selling to a dealer is easy as they will (normally) take the whole collection in one easy transaction. 
personally I have done both on several occasion's and must admit that doing business with a dealer makes life so easy. My last deal was last year with a collection of about 1000 records including quality top tunes down to basic Motown.
Anglo American Soul dealt with it professionally and quickly with zero issues. 
Always think twice before you sell. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/03/2024 at 05:57, Mick Boyle said:

Selling privately is best for your top sounds but may leave you with a lot of unwanted items. Selling to a dealer is easy as they will (normally) take the whole collection in one easy transaction. 
personally I have done both on several occasion's and must admit that doing business with a dealer makes life so easy. My last deal was last year with a collection of about 1000 records including quality top tunes down to basic Motown.
Anglo American Soul dealt with it professionally and quickly with zero issues. 
Always think twice before you sell. 

Thanks for the advice, I will keep it in my mind before selling.

Edit: It helps me a lot.

Edited by GlenMann
Social source share

Although I can't imagine selling my collection, I know several people who have sold amazing collections.. from their experiences all I could suggest is to list/auction the rarest ones as it will out weigh what you get for the run of the mill stuff that most people have . If you sell to someone they want to make a profit, who can blame them.  But if you have big sounds you might be able to get a better price through auctions and paying their fees. 

Edited by Greedy Mick
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!