Admiral Shohn Ice - 245£

Jades - 4828 ??? must be confirmed

Detroit Junior - 155£

Eddie And Gene And The Nighcaps - 115£

Rosa Lee Brooks - 857£

Bottom & Company - 

Evie Sands - 490£

Social source share

Unfortunately, I can't verify the final result of "Jades", as it was removed from the site relatively quickly.
I don't like this kind of "secrecy".
Somehow it always smacks of secret agreements. Sorry 

• Up vote 1
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

56 minutes ago, Tony Clements said:

Jades finished at £4828.

Screenshot 2024-04-10.png

Nearly £5000 for Lucky Fellow! Always thought it was ok track, but that price is silly!  

The ego of the DJ, knows no bounds🤔

Edited by Solidsoul
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

16 minutes ago, Solidsoul said:

Nearly £5000 for Lucky Fellow! Always thought it was ok track, but that price is silly!  

The ego of the DJ, knows no bounds🤔

I agree,no doubt it’s rare,but certainly only an ok record at best,tiresome after a few plays!  seen it a few times over the years at around 800/1k,but 5k is nuts! 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Always liked the Jades since first hearing on a Pat Brady sales tape early 90’s, but never a 5k tune surely.

Reckon Pat had a small stash of them as remember considering buying it more than once. The 60 quid he sold it for seemed reasonable at the time!

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Can't believe Marsha and the Delwands at  £240.. it was always in the back of boxes at 50p or a £1... only bought mine to fill gaps in label collection.   Some things always surprise me. 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

• Solution

Jades went for £4,828 as mentioned above. Bidding went beyond 6.00 pm. as is often the case on juicy items. If the winner pays immediately, the record is removed from the listing so nothing to worry about. Jades is one of the rarest New Orleans records so highly collectable if you’re a New Orleans completist. 5K is steep for this 45 but it rarely comes to market. The Para-Monts shot up in value too.

• Thanks 1
Social source share

14 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Unfortunately, I can't verify the final result of "Jades", as it was removed from the site relatively quickly.
I don't like this kind of "secrecy".
Somehow it always smacks of secret agreements. Sorry 

There is no secrecy, it even went past 6 as folk still bidding as Frankie mentioned. All the results are also posted on his facebook group for clarity. 

10 hours ago, Quinvy said:

I must agree with that Jades 45. Bloody bad record that is. I wouldn’t give 5p never mind £5k.

But it is very rare and taste is subjective.  Rarity alone guarantees a high price and factor in the demand for both sides will mean a higher price.

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Frankie Crocker said:

Bidding went beyond 6.00 pm. as is often the case on juicy items. If the winner pays immediately, the record is removed from the listing so nothing to worry about.

22 minutes ago, Chalky said:

There is no secrecy, it even went past 6 as folk still bidding as Frankie mentioned. All the results are also posted on his facebook group for clarity.

Hello U2,
I see! I wasn't aware that a 45 is only online until it is paid for. 
Then Mr. Manship - sorry for the secrecy.
Would still be cool if every 45 stood in their place for at least 1 day; not everyone is necessarily active on FB ..

Edited by Zanetti
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

5 hours ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Not at all, just funny that we like the same genre of music but might rate records quite differently

Well I’m not really a soul music fan. I’m more a northern soul fan. 
It’s about the song for me. Even the greatest soul voices have made some terrible recordings.

To me, the song writers are the real heroes.

Take the record in question, the Jades. It’s the actual song that does nothing for me. The vocals and the backing are excellent. But that’s just my personal opinion.

Social source share

Keep in mind the flip side of the Jades “and now” is super indemand on the sweet low rider collectors scene also, some of those 45s go for ££££s….the 45 may well have been bought by a sweet soul collector in USA or Japan. As been said it’s rare and a missing number in a lot of those collections

Edited by Dennisoul
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!