Tim's latest auction results

Yes, surprisingly some of previous auction valuations haven't been realized here so, maybe some stabilization and sanity being restored....or is that a false dawn?

L.Allen a shocker for me...bought off Butch almost 20 years ago, paid £400 then...the Tamangoes really takes the biscuit though...8 grand?...without doubt one of the greatest Northern Soul tunes of all time, the price is staggering....bearing in mind pretty much everything of note is an antique....i wonder if its been bought by a dealer who is just that....because that time is upon us and those breed of people will price many out of the market

Social source share

50 minutes ago, Agentsmith said:

Yes, surprisingly some of previous auction valuations haven't been realized here so, maybe some stabilization and sanity being restored....or is that a false dawn?

L.Allen a shocker for me...bought off Butch almost 20 years ago, paid £400 then...the Tamangoes really takes the biscuit though...8 grand?...without doubt one of the greatest Northern Soul tunes of all time, the price is staggering....bearing in mind pretty much everything of note is an antique....i wonder if its been bought by a dealer who is just that....because that time is upon us and those breed of people will price many out of the market

It was said elsewhere that the condition may have been a factor for lower prices?

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Would have been happy to pay the price achieved for

Age of Bronze on Guava

and the Tomangoe's is a top five record for me would love to own it.

Social source share

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Djack said:

Would have been happy to pay the price achieved for

Age of Bronze on Guava

and the Tomangoe's is a top five record for me would love to own it.

The vinyl yellow label Age Of Bronze is a later issue. Guava 103. It was graded as warped in the auction.

The styrene Gold label issue is the first issue.  Guava 102.

Edited by Solidsoul
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

On 03/05/2024 at 21:06, Solidsoul said:

The vinyl yellow label Age Of Bronze is a later issue. Guava 103. It was graded as warped in the auction.

The styrene Gold label issue is the first issue.  Guava 102.

Different flipsides on 102 vs 103 though.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

The Age of Bronze on Guava 103 'B' side flip 'I'm in love' is also featured on Guava 101 original's 'A' side credited as to the Turbulations.

FWIW which to my ears insidiously borrows some melody 'riffs' of Larry Sanders 'im in love'... Coincidence only maybe within a year gap.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!