Favourite Major Lance

Just had a listen to The Visitors - "Never the less". Lovely  sound. Great harmonies.

link

It is isn't it Billy.... thought it was one of "those" you have, like, but no one else seems to know let alone have.... that changed when I read Mark B was mentioning it :yes: ....

Moral is.... you're never on your own :shhh: ....

Social source share

• Replies 70
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

It is isn't it Billy.... thought it was one of "those" you have, like, but no one else seems to know let alone have.... that changed when I read Mark B was mentioning it :yes: ....

Moral is.... you're never on your own :shhh: ....

link

A much more laid back sound and a much better vibe than "I'm in Danger" which is a bit on the shrill, mechanical side.

Social source share

A much more laid back sound and a much better vibe than "I'm in Danger" which is a bit on the shrill, mechanical side.

link

More laid back :yes: .... better vibe.... :shhh: .... only thing that, in a way, spoils "Visitors - Never The Less" for me is the bit when the "wooh" comes in (after about 2mins).... otherwise it gets a :yes: ....

Edited by vaultofsouler
Social source share

More laid back :shhh: .... better vibe.... :yes: .... only thing that, in a way, spoils "Visitors - Never The Less" for me is the bit when the "wooh" comes in (after about 2mins).... otherwise it gets a :yes: ....

link

Yes, you're dead right there. A totally unnecessary 'wooh'. That was probably some producer who had an inpromptu 'bright' idea.

Got stoned about a zilliuon years ago with a guy who used to play Bass in a band called Blue Angel. We were listening to some of their stuff and there was this tune called "Sugar Blue" thqat the lead singer a guy called Gus Isadore sang really well. The song was spoiled by the opening where Gus shouted "Sugar Blue". Gus had been told to shout it by the non-performing producer. Must happen all the time.

Social source share

I've probably left off some essential Major Lance, here. This is one way of finding out.

I'll cast my vote for "You don't want me no more".

link

Ive voted for Investigate, there's so many great Major Lance tracks it's difficult to pick just one. However I would have voted for Since I Lost My Baby's Love if it had been up there.

northernlass :)

Social source share

• 2 months later...

I saw major in 1982 at an alldayer near stoke.Cant recall the name of the club.I beleive it was were the darts finals used to be.Some one out there must know the name of the club.The best record as got to be.Its the beat.

Social source share

Guest Jamie

My faves not there either." Youre everything i need" :thumbsup:

link

Good choice. My favourite 70's track, and one I'm listening to a bit recently at home biggrin.gif

Mr favourite 60's has to be 'You don't want me......'

Yeah I know it's had some pasty, but I still love it. If I need reminding what 'Northern' is, that does the trick :thumbsup:

Jamie :shhh:

Social source share

my fave m/lance is off "now arriving"lp called HOW MY LOVE GOES.mid-temp 70s, just rite 4 2days dancefloors whistling.gif .

some1 mentioned "SWEEETER AS THE DAY GOES BY"dakar,well look out 4 1 just called "SWEETER"on playboy us, WB uk by the man.great mid-temp xover whistling.gif .

Social source share

my fave m/lance is off "now arriving"lp called HOW MY LOVE GOES.mid-temp 70s, just rite 4 2days dancefloors biggrin.gif .

some1 mentioned "SWEEETER AS THE DAY GOES BY"dakar,well look out 4 1 just called "SWEETER"on playboy us, WB uk by the man.great mid-temp xover thumbsup.gif .

link

That was John May.

He told me to give it a listen, he was right, I bought one that week.

I'm sure the playboy release is a different / later mix of the same track. Totally different arrangement.

Also on the Dakar version is a different version of 20th century / Minnie Jones "Shadow of a memory"

Haven't heard "HOW MY LOVE GOES" must try and give it a listen, any chance of a sound file?

Cheers,

Derek.

Social source share

Think the club near Stoke was "Razzamataz", or something like it. I can remember someone selling a series of excellent photo's taken at the concert, via Blackbeat. Lost mine! Anybody got any copies?

The Hinkley concert was recorded(Chris King maybe), much better sound quality than the Torch album, think i bought my copy at Morecambe.

Gaz

Social source share

That was John May.

He told me to give it a listen, he was right, I bought one that week.

I'm sure the playboy release is a different / later mix of the same track. Totally different arrangement.

Also on the Dakar version is a different version of 20th century / Minnie Jones "Shadow of a memory"

Haven't heard "HOW MY LOVE GOES" must try and give it a listen, any chance of a sound file?

Cheers,

Derek.

link

Hope this is OK

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert