The Prophets - Shrine Item Number: 200104529878

Gasher

this appears to be an issue demo.. :lol:

Never even knew it existed in demo format??

why list same sides different labels????????

One gold piece not even there

0 feedback from Columbia????

says it all really.... :thumbsup:

I think waken up and smell the Coffee... :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 30
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

both the scans are for the same track. so how does he know that one gold piece is of the other side. :lol:

very odd.

Social source share

DOES IT EVEN EXIST ON A DEMO??

SOMEONE ASK ANDY RIX

ANYONE COME ON SOME OF YOU BIG BOYS SHOULD KNOW..MR MANSHIP, ANDY DYSON ,CHALKY???

I ALSO WAS LED TO BELIEVE..

THAT LABEL DESIGN WAS ONLY ON THE FIRST 101 LINDA AND VISTAS SHRINE RELEASE THEN IT CHANGED TO THE BLUE ONE.

FROM 102 ONWARDS..116 IS ONE OF THE LATE ISSUES SO

WAS IT REALLY EVER DEMO'D

IVE NEVER SEEN A SHRINE DEMO ???

NOT TO SAY THEY DONT EXIST BUT??? SOMEONE TELL US..IM AMAZED..

Edited by the gasher
Social source share

DOES IT EVEN EXIST ON A DEMO??

SOMEONE ASK ANDY RIX

ANYONE COME ON SOME OF YOU BIG BOYS SHOULD KNOW..MR MANSHIP, ANDY DYSON ,CHALKY???

I ALSO WAS LED TO BELIEVE..

THAT LABEL DESIGN WAS ONLY ON THE FIRST 101 LINDA AND VISTAS SHRINE RELEASE THEN IT CHANGED TO THE BLUE ONE.

FROM 102 ONWARDS..116 IS ONE OF THE LATE ISSUES SO

WAS IT REALLY EVER DEMO'D

IVE NEVER SEEN A SHRINE DEMO ???

NOT TO SAY THEY DONT EXIST BUT??? SOMEONE TELL US..IM AMAZED..

I'm with you Gash, as far as I'm aware the only Shrine release with that label design is Linda & Vistas. Never seen a demo either, certainly not a white one and with that design.

Prophets should look like this......

post-225-1177853746_thumb.jpgpost-225-1177853762_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Not Columbian coffee! This guy is a rip-off, been doing it before. Don't touch anything Columbian (OK, one thing) Martyn Bird sent me an email link from a guy who's posted a thing on ebay warning of him!

Social source share

ASKED HIM TO POST ME SCANS OF BOTH FLIP SIDES. GOT THIS ONE BACK

See the auction. However, I know you will not bid...so...good luck...and say tahsnk to mR dave >G

SAYS IT ALL KEEP AWAY SCAMMING BASTARD,,

AS YOU SAY TREVSKI

THE ONLY THING COLUMBIAN I'LL BE TOUCHING

WILL BE UP MY SHNOZZER...AVAVTAR SPEAKS FOR ITSELF.........

Edited by the gasher
Social source share

See the auction. However, I know you will not bid...so...good luck...and say tahsnk to mR dave >G

AS YOU SAY TREVSKI

Are you guys saying that he doctored a photo to get the white demo side? The letters are all crooked in the prophets title on the demo side, but none of the other letters are crooked on either side, so I guess that supports your theory. He's clearly taking a picture of a real record, though, so at least it has to be pasted on a real label (if it is fake).

Social source share

Guest Trevski

AS YOU SAY TREVSKI

:rolleyes: nice one gash, I'm with you on that one! the guy,Mr Dave G Is the one I think who has posted a warning up about this guy on ebay. Lost the link, will ask Martyn to post it here. P.S. the Columbian has added some comments about DG in the listing

https://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-Northern-Soul-Fun...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

:rolleyes: nice one gash, I'm with you on that one! the guy,Mr Dave G Is the one I think who has posted a warning up about this guy on ebay. Lost the link, will ask Martyn to post it here. P.S. the Columbian has added some comments about DG in the listing

https://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-Northern-Soul-Fun...1QQcmdZViewItem

why dont we just start bidding then?.....you know the score

Social source share

Never seen a record with the big X stamped on both sides before :rolleyes: two X`s on one side maybe but not both.

I would like to add,its a scam two different crap records with labels stukc on the sides with the stamps,as anybody got any record with X`s on both sides?

Social source share

LOOK AT THIS LATEST ADDED PIECE OF SHIT

WHAT A WANKER..AND WHO THE f*** IS KENNY ST LEWIS??????? :rolleyes:

IF KEnny had signed it im sure he knows there was no St in his surmane.

prick of the highest order...

HAVE ADDED A PIC OF THE FLIPSIDE ONE GOLD PIECE FOR THE DEMO COPY: IT IS THE MOST TALKED ABOUT SINCE EXPERTS CALLS IT UNRELEASED....MAYBE A GREAT MISTAKE OF SOMEONE IN PRESSING PLANT..WHY NOT....

SORRY; WE HAVE WATERMARKED THE PIC BEACUSE SOMEONE HAS ASKED FOR SCANS (COLLECTING RECORD SCANS). WE THINK THIS ITEM IS RARE AND WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO WATERMARK THE PICS.

A NOTE FOR MR.G: WE WANT TO AVOID SOME PEOPLE WHO LIKES TO STEAL PICS FROM OTHER AUCTIONS TO DEFRAUD OTHER PEOPLE.

WE HAVE FOUND SOME ADDITIONAL ETCHINGS (NO EASY FOR WATCHING): "kenny St Lewis) is hand-written on the side of IF I HAD.

WE; ALSO HAVE ADDED A SAMPLE OF THIS SIDE FOR THE PEOPLE INTERESTED. PLEASE, DO NOT CONFUSE THE BACKGROUND SOUND WITH A BACKGROUND BOISE CAUSED BY A BAD STYLUS (NEEDLE). THAT IS THE SOUND OF THE STYRENE , THE MATERIAL FOR THIS WAX.

post-1405-1177872651_thumb.jpg

Social source share

WHAT A WANKER..AND WHO THE f*** IS KENNY ST LEWIS??????? :thumbsup:

HAVE ADDED A PIC OF THE FLIPSIDE ONE GOLD PIECE FOR THE DEMO COPY: IT IS THE MOST TALKED ABOUT SINCE EXPERTS CALLS IT UNRELEASED....MAYBE A GREAT MISTAKE OF SOMEONE IN PRESSING PLANT..WHY NOT....

SORRY; WE HAVE WATERMARKED THE PIC BEACUSE SOMEONE HAS ASKED FOR SCANS (COLLECTING RECORD SCANS). WE THINK THIS ITEM IS RARE AND WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO WATERMARK THE PICS.

A NOTE FOR MR.G: WE WANT TO AVOID SOME PEOPLE WHO LIKES TO STEAL PICS FROM OTHER AUCTIONS TO DEFRAUD OTHER PEOPLE.

WE HAVE FOUND SOME ADDITIONAL ETCHINGS (NO EASY FOR WATCHING): "kenny St Lewis) is hand-written on the side of IF I HAD.

WE; ALSO HAVE ADDED A SAMPLE OF THIS SIDE FOR THE PEOPLE INTERESTED. PLEASE, DO NOT CONFUSE THE BACKGROUND SOUND WITH A BACKGROUND BOISE CAUSED BY A BAD STYLUS (NEEDLE). THAT IS THE SOUND OF THE STYRENE , THE MATERIAL FOR THIS WAX.

haha, I like how the record now has 3 different labels. Like one must be the "C" side.

Social source share

WHAT A WANKER..AND WHO THE f*** IS KENNY ST LEWIS??????? :thumbsup:

gashmeister,

he's still a prick but at least he's right about the surname, it's the first name he got wrong, it's keni st. lewis...

Social source share

Hopefully my question to him will completely screw him. Just posted the following question to him via Ebay:

"Two questions. 1) Why do you have a demo AND issue label for the "Huh Baby" side? 2) You got the titling wrong for the B-side!

Remember that it's not just "If I Had"....but he forgot the (One Gold Piece) in his scam..er, I mean scan!

Social source share

I note the bidding has sorta never got past $20 with 2 days to go - even after all that's been said I wonder if there's anybody on here gonna put in a quiet bid for £20 or so just in case the Ebay record is kosher? Is it worth a gamble for £10-20 or whatever? We could start a collection fund (laughs) twenty of us could all put a quid in and we bid $40 on it. Assuming we win it and a dud record arrives we simply bin it. But that backfires if we win it and a rare oddball Shrine 45 lands in the UK.....

Its all good fun watching from a distance,

derek

And like Boba says "the seller's got 3 different label scans now from the 2 different sides of the record; "Huh baby" blue issue, "Huh baby" white demo & "If I had" white demo.

Assuming it is a scam the seller's still working pretty hard to try and convince people the records legit, why doesnt he just pull it to save the hassle now the cat's out of the bag?

Maybe the greed in him still thinks he's gonna get top dollar for it?

Social source share

I note the bidding has sorta never got past $20 with 2 days to go - even after all that's been said I wonder if there's anybody on here gonna put in a quiet bid for £20 or so just in case the Ebay record is kosher? Is it worth a gamble for £10-20 or whatever? We could start a collection fund (laughs) twenty of us could all put a quid in and we bid $40 on it. Assuming we win it and a dud record arrives we simply bin it. But that backfires if we win it and a rare oddball Shrine 45 lands in the UK.....

Its all good fun watching from a distance,

derek

But Derek u know someone out there will bid 2 grand on it or something- just like the unplayable ernestine eady. Steve

Social source share

Hopefully my question to him will completely screw him. Just posted the following question to him via Ebay:

"Two questions. 1) Why do you have a demo AND issue label for the "Huh Baby" side? 2) You got the titling wrong for the B-side!

Remember that it's not just "If I Had"....but he forgot the (One Gold Piece) in his scam..er, I mean scan!

Just had the following response back:

Hi...yes an blue lable copy and other copy (demo). Two different discs: demo copy is controversial. The If I had title is right sincethe pic do not lies. Thanks

Sorry, but I'm afraid the pics DO lie in this case!

UPDATE: The listing has been ended early, because the item is 'no longer for sale'! He's obviously realised that there's more than just Dave-G on the case!

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Guest Trevski

I asked him why he thought he could rip off soul collectors with such obvious fakes, and suggested he remove said listing. Got this reply

Item: RARE - Northern Soul / Funk - The Prophets - Shrine (200104529878)

This message was sent while the listing was active.

latinsoul.ltd is the seller.

jerk

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Fantastic thread,loved it.The white label was the best joke I've ever seen,if you're gonna boot em do it properly.In respects to the guy about Dave G putting him down,he said it wasn't me,ask paypal,then in his listing he added paypal wasn't acceptable in Columbia. :thumbsup::ohmy::D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert