Middleton Allnighter, 19th May

• Replies 85
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

AS ALWAYS IT TAKES ME A COUPLE OF DAYS TO RECOVER FROM MIDDLETON BUT WE HAVE BEEN WATCHING THIS THREAD VERY CAREFULLY.

FIRSTLY WE WANT TO THANK ALL OUR DJS ON THE NIGHT WHO AS USUAL, IN OUR OPINION DID THE BUSINESS. OUR AIM REMAINS THE SAME TO OFFER AN ALTERNATIVE AND TO COMPLEMENT THE OTHER TWO ROOMS. WE ARE AWARE THAT THE CARL WILLINGHAM SUITE HAS LIMITED FACILITIES WHICH HAVE BEEN WELL DOCUMENTED BUT MUSICALLY REMAINS TRUE TO THE ETHOS CARL CARRIED WHEN DJING AND INTENDED TO CONTINUE BY SELECTING DJS WITH THE SAME MIND SET.

WE CANNOT COMMENT ON MIDDLETON WITHOUT THANKING OUR LOYAL, HONEST SUPPORTERS SEVERAL OF WHOM ATTENDED THE C.W. SUITE FOR MOST OF THE NIGHT,THEY AND THE DJS MAKE OUR EFFORTS WORTHWHILE.HOWEVER IT SEEMS THAT THERE ARE SOME WHO ARE UNHAPPY WITH THE MUSIC ELSEWHERE WHO DON'T ATTEMPT A VISIT TO OUR ROOM [ OR MYBE BACKBEAT] THIS IS WHAT WE ARE FINDING MOST FRUSTRATING ,AS STATED WE ALL KNOW ABOUT THE ROOM AND WE ARE AWARE ANDY HAS BEEN ATTEMPTING TO SECURE A FLOOR FOR US, BUT FOR HEAVENS SAKE IT PEOPLE REALLY WANT TO HEAR SOMETHING DIFFERENT A LITTLE DISCOMFORT IS WORTH THE SACRIFICE. WE'VE ALL BEEN TO BASIC VENUES [ MANCHESTER'S PENDULUM SPRINGS TO MIND] THE MUSIC CONTENT BEING THE REASON FOR ATTENDING.HAS THAT CHANGED NOW?

NEXT TOPIC " MODERN" CAN'T REASON THIS ONE AT ALL, SEVERAL PEOPLE HAVE TOLD US THEY DON'T COME IN THE ROOM BEACAUSE IT;S ALL MODERN, OTHERS COMMENT THAT MODERN ISN'T PLAYED!! ACTUALLY TOOK ENOUGH MODERN ON SATURDAY TO PLAY THREE HOURS BUT WAS NEVER ASKED FOR ANY!! I OFTEN ASK FOR REQUESTS THROUGH THIS FORUM, DON'T KNOW WHAT ELE TO DO. I PLAYED EVERY REQUEST I WAS ASKED TO ON SATURDAY EXCEPT FOR THE YOUNG LADY WHO SUGGESTED WE MIGHT PLAY DONNY OSMOND WHEN I TOLD HER WE PLAY EVERYTHING EXCEPT R+B, YOU CAN IMAGIN THAT COMMENT DID NOT IMPROVE MY MOOD.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE STYLE OF MUSIC OUR GUESTS PLAY CONTACT US AND WE WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO CHAT. WE ARE NOT A MODERN ROOM BUT PLAY MODERN, WE ARE NOT A RARE 60S ROOM BUT PLAY RARE 60S WE ARE NOT A NEWIES ROOM BUT PLAY NEWIES, WE ARE NOT A SKA/REGGAE ROOM BUT PLAY SKA' REGGAE.

FINALLY THE C.W. ROOM PRECEEDED SOULTOWN AND WAS NAMED B YTHE FORMER PROMOTER. [ HE CHOSE THE ROOM] WHEN ANDY TOOK OVER HE KINDLY ASKED US TO CONTINUE AND GIVES US A COMPLETLY FREE REIGN MUSICALLY.

WE INTEND TO CONTINUE ,WITH YOUR SUPPORT AND THE JULY LINE UP IS ALMOST COMPLETE WHERE WE WILL BE CELEBRATING OUR 30TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY, YOUR WELCOME TO COME AND JOIN US.

AND DON'T FORGET ANY INFO YOU REQUIRE ABOUT THE NIGHT PLEASE CONTACT US!

OK TIME TO GET OF MY SOAP BOX NOW

MARIA AND CARL

What a brilliant night,cant say much about the main room,but did hear the comment of un-inspiring

from a few folk,but there again the floor was always packed :wicked: .My time was spent in the dungeon or backbeat room,first of all a big cheer for my Friend Vic and her debut in the backbeat room,she played

blinding uptempo spot,that would have had the floor packed if she had been on later in the evening,they

all have to start somewhere,but she played Ray charles (just about to loose your clown)..dear lord in heaven...what a record !!as i have not heard this played anywhere before....my night was made,so thanks Vic :thumbsup: xxx.......the rest of the night just went by so quick....a fantastic full and busy backbeat dance floor most of the night,and the added bonus of Mike Warburton doing a Ska hour upstairs..fantastic...fantastic...fantastic....roll on the next...a wonderful night spent with wonderful friends.. :huh:

Cheers Steve for coming down early, was sooooooooo chuffed when I saw you, seeing as i thought you were staying in!!! Thanks to Joe for letting me play, really enjoyed myself. The atmosphere in the R&B room gets better each time, Merv played one of my favourite sets of the evening downstairs. The Ska hour in the Carl and Maria's room is great and I think Mike played the best sets we have heard in there so far IMO.

Roll on the next one!!

Good nite, good turnout, but a bit of a unispiring nite musicaly. Class records from Sam, but tiring of hearing them now. Same with a lot of the playlists. I know it's hard, and tunes are expensive, but even Joseph Webster, Elipsis, Mixed Feelings etc are getting a bit tired. Doesn't help that one can hear stuff like this at the click of a mouse anytime! Don't know the answer to this really, short of binning all my MP4's! :ohmy: Resorted to the usual "Celebrity lookie-likee" spotting. No Harry Worth this time, but he was amply replaced by:

A/ Jimmy Clitheroe

B/ John Coffey from the 'Green mile'

and two footballing celebs

Ian Wright and Peter Crouch

Plus the celebrity-in-his-own-right

The man with the worlds largest trousers!

No female lookielikees, altho' Richard claims to have seen Hilda Baker, the sighting was unconfirmed!

:yes:

Brilliant!! AND TRUE....

Guest Trevski

Harry Worth was there ! Spot and I saw him in the Car park after.Nice to discover you are a fellow horoligist Trev :ohmy:

Maybe we should do a "What watch do you wear" thread! :lol:

Horology anoraks rule! :yes:

post-1355-1179836769_thumb.png

Edited by Trevski

Maybe we should do a "What watch do you wear" thread! :yes:

Horology anoraks rule! :ohmy:

MMMMM.....Now I wouldn't mind a 1940s/50s Patek Philippe Calatrava in 18ct rose gold, Trev....Hell, I'd even accept one in stainless steel at a pinch :lol:

What another top night over in Middleton, got there early as Vic was playing her debut in the back beat, thought it was ace ( I am a little biased though :( )......Had a good dance most of the night, and a great skank thanks to Mike W. for playing some top ska upstairs ..... got to see N.Hacketts spot in main room who I thought played some quality Northern, so all in all another top night and a great anniversary......

Cheers soul time Andy and everyone else involved :P

Guest Trevski

MMMMM.....Now I wouldn't mind a 1940s/50s Patek Philippe Calatrava in 18ct rose gold, Trev....Hell, I'd even accept one in stainless steel at a pinch :(

There you go Del, cut it out and stick it over yer Timex :P

post-1355-1179847157_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trevski

Congratulations on running probably the best niter in the country. I had to literally drag my missus out at 7.20am :D

It's only the third time or so I've been to Middleton, and have to say musically it's always interesting and imaginative, without disappearing up its own arse

Flanny and Sam in particular were awesome. :shades::D

See how well Sam's 70s and modern stuff goes down every time?

Please bring on a modern room in the new building - or even NOW. You can then beat Stoke Togetheness at their own game!!!!!

Agree with comments on the Carl and Maria room - give them a better platform.

I don't agree that the RnB room should be above 70s/crossover etc in the pecking order....but there again I can't stand more than two RnB records on the bounce! :P:(

Dave

There you go Del, cut it out and stick it over yer Timex :P

post-1355-1179847157_thumb.jpg

Trevski, thought you were a horoligist...that is not a Calatrava, looks more like a perpetual calendar with moonphase.

However if you are taking orders can I have a Girard Perregaux Tourbillion with three gold bridges please....

Thanks in advance

Martyn

Guest Trevski

Trevski, thought you were a horoligist...that is not a Calatrava, looks more like a perpetual calendar with moonphase.

However if you are taking orders can I have a Girard Perregaux Tourbillion with three gold bridges please....

Thanks in advance

Martyn

My appologies!

post-1355-1179848475_thumb.jpg

and your Girard Perregaux Tourbillion with three gold bridges!

post-1355-1179848680_thumb.jpg

Guest kid mohair

RNB room.......... :P:(:shades: everytime,it was as good as ever, always have a great time, well worth the journey, good to see all our friends again, nick hackett and john weston in the main room, :D see ya at cleggy.

AS ALWAYS IT TAKES ME A COUPLE OF DAYS TO RECOVER FROM MIDDLETON BUT WE HAVE BEEN WATCHING THIS THREAD VERY CAREFULLY.

FIRSTLY WE WANT TO THANK ALL OUR DJS ON THE NIGHT WHO AS USUAL, IN OUR OPINION DID THE BUSINESS. OUR AIM REMAINS THE SAME TO OFFER AN ALTERNATIVE AND TO COMPLEMENT THE OTHER TWO ROOMS. WE ARE AWARE THAT THE CARL WILLINGHAM SUITE HAS LIMITED FACILITIES WHICH HAVE BEEN WELL DOCUMENTED BUT MUSICALLY REMAINS TRUE TO THE ETHOS CARL CARRIED WHEN DJING AND INTENDED TO CONTINUE BY SELECTING DJS WITH THE SAME MIND SET.

WE CANNOT COMMENT ON MIDDLETON WITHOUT THANKING OUR LOYAL, HONEST SUPPORTERS SEVERAL OF WHOM ATTENDED THE C.W. SUITE FOR MOST OF THE NIGHT,THEY AND THE DJS MAKE OUR EFFORTS WORTHWHILE.HOWEVER IT SEEMS THAT THERE ARE SOME WHO ARE UNHAPPY WITH THE MUSIC ELSEWHERE WHO DON'T ATTEMPT A VISIT TO OUR ROOM [ OR MYBE BACKBEAT] THIS IS WHAT WE ARE FINDING MOST FRUSTRATING ,AS STATED WE ALL KNOW ABOUT THE ROOM AND WE ARE AWARE ANDY HAS BEEN ATTEMPTING TO SECURE A FLOOR FOR US, BUT FOR HEAVENS SAKE IT PEOPLE REALLY WANT TO HEAR SOMETHING DIFFERENT A LITTLE DISCOMFORT IS WORTH THE SACRIFICE. WE'VE ALL BEEN TO BASIC VENUES [ MANCHESTER'S PENDULUM SPRINGS TO MIND] THE MUSIC CONTENT BEING THE REASON FOR ATTENDING.HAS THAT CHANGED NOW?

NEXT TOPIC " MODERN" CAN'T REASON THIS ONE AT ALL, SEVERAL PEOPLE HAVE TOLD US THEY DON'T COME IN THE ROOM BEACAUSE IT;S ALL MODERN, OTHERS COMMENT THAT MODERN ISN'T PLAYED!! ACTUALLY TOOK ENOUGH MODERN ON SATURDAY TO PLAY THREE HOURS BUT WAS NEVER ASKED FOR ANY!! I OFTEN ASK FOR REQUESTS THROUGH THIS FORUM, DON'T KNOW WHAT ELE TO DO. I PLAYED EVERY REQUEST I WAS ASKED TO ON SATURDAY EXCEPT FOR THE YOUNG LADY WHO SUGGESTED WE MIGHT PLAY DONNY OSMOND WHEN I TOLD HER WE PLAY EVERYTHING EXCEPT R+B, YOU CAN IMAGIN THAT COMMENT DID NOT IMPROVE MY MOOD.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE STYLE OF MUSIC OUR GUESTS PLAY CONTACT US AND WE WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO CHAT. WE ARE NOT A MODERN ROOM BUT PLAY MODERN, WE ARE NOT A RARE 60S ROOM BUT PLAY RARE 60S WE ARE NOT A NEWIES ROOM BUT PLAY NEWIES, WE ARE NOT A SKA/REGGAE ROOM BUT PLAY SKA' REGGAE.

FINALLY THE C.W. ROOM PRECEEDED SOULTOWN AND WAS NAMED B YTHE FORMER PROMOTER. [ HE CHOSE THE ROOM] WHEN ANDY TOOK OVER HE KINDLY ASKED US TO CONTINUE AND GIVES US A COMPLETLY FREE REIGN MUSICALLY.

WE INTEND TO CONTINUE ,WITH YOUR SUPPORT AND THE JULY LINE UP IS ALMOST COMPLETE WHERE WE WILL BE CELEBRATING OUR 30TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY, YOUR WELCOME TO COME AND JOIN US.

AND DON'T FORGET ANY INFO YOU REQUIRE ABOUT THE NIGHT PLEASE CONTACT US!

OK TIME TO GET OF MY SOAP BOX NOW

MARIA AND CARL

hi maria and carl

you know you cannot win with some people modern to them is anything after 1969 but as you know if it is good it should be played no matter when it was recorded, i personally will play 60, 70's and 80's if they are good enough have also been known to like and play the odd new release so just keep on doing what you are doing.

you know it makes sense.

mark

Congratulations on running probably the best niter in the country. I had to literally drag my missus out at 7.20am :D

It's only the third time or so I've been to Middleton, and have to say musically it's always interesting and imaginative, without disappearing up its own arse

Flanny and Sam in particular were awesome. :D:D

See how well Sam's 70s and modern stuff goes down every time?

Please bring on a modern room in the new building - or even NOW. You can then beat Stoke Togetheness at their own game!!!!!

Agree with comments on the Carl and Maria room - give them a better platform.

I don't agree that the RnB room should be above 70s/crossover etc in the pecking order....but there again I can't stand more than two RnB records on the bounce! :(:shades:

Dave

Thanks for that Dave appreciate the kind comments of everyone. :D

I take on board the other constructive comments, everyone likes different stuff simple as that really , you can only try to please them all, simple thing i'm on after Sam when hes played largely 70.s, its my job to notch it up a tad and balance it out with 60.s as anyone who knows me well will confirm I have a good 70s. collection but save them for crossover venues however can adapt to most situations.

HOPE THIS MAKES SENSE Flanny. :P

Guest soul city

MARK THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT

CARL AND MARIA

SPENT THE LAST COUPLE OF HOURS IN THERE. MARIA PLAYED SOME BLINDERS

(AND THANKS FOR PLAYING PAPA BEAR AND CUBS-YOUR SO FINE MAYBEE PAT POWDRILL- DO IT; NEXT TIME EH, LOL

Guest Neil Taylor

Hi Flanny here on mike cogs computer, just recovered from Saturday :sleep3:

so thought i'd post my uninspired playlist that made a few hundred dancers happy

and a few chin strokers not so happy. I'M NOT being big headed but could have played an hour

of semi knowns /unknowns / that would of pleased a few people but pissed of the majority. it has to be said that people who have payed £12 want to be entertained, imagine being a comedian and no one laughing at your jokes it would be a very lonely place on that stage (TAXI FOR BRIAN)

also I think there is something for everyone at Middleton during the course of the night

you have got to go a long way back to witness atmosphere like it, the majority went home happy.

What I Played PLEASE dont muller me some were requests and if its in the box ITS ON. :lol:

thats what i'm payed to do :boxing:

FOUR PROS - JUST ANOTHER GIRL

VANGUARD - GOOD TIMES BAD TIMES

WINSTONS - AIN'T NOTHING LIKE A LITTLE LOVIN'

VONTASTICS - NEVER LET YOUR LOVE GROW COLD

LUCKY LAWS - WHO IS SHE

RONNIE McNEIR - ISN'T SHE A PRETTY GIRL

TEMPESTS - SOMEDAY

INSIGHTS - I NEED YOUR LONELINESS

INCREDIBLES - I CAN'T GET OVER LOSING YOUR LOVE

FRED HUGHES - DONT LET ME DOWN

JACKEY BEAVERS - LOVE THAT NEVER GROWS COLD

DEBONAIRS - HEADACHE IN MY HEART

BALLADS - I CAN'T SEE YOUR LOVE PT 2

DEL-LARKS - JOB OPENING

WILLIE GAUFF & THE LOVE BROS - EVERYBODY NEEDS LOVE

PARISIANS - TWINKLE LITTLE STAR

JAMO THOMAS - I'LL BE YOUR FOOL

ASTORS - MORE POWER TO YOU

PERK LEE - THE DOCKS

SHIRLEY LAWSON - ONE MORE CHANCE

AND ONE I NEVER PLAYED GIA MATTEO whistling.gif THINK ABOUT IT.

GIA MATTEO,......DID HE PLAY FOR CHELSEA A FEW YEARS BACK :D

Here's my playlist from the Carl Willingham Suite:

3.45 - 5.00am

GENE THOMPSON & THE COUNTS: Won't You Let Me Know (Ace)

JAMES CONWELL: The Trouble With Girls (4J)

THE MODS: Dry My Eyes (Fona)

THE INTENSIONS: I Love You (Blue Light)

HYPERIONS: Why You Wanna Treat Me The Way You Do (Chattahoochee)

BLENDERS: Tale Of Sadness (DJO)

JAY GRIFFIN: Lucky Me (Now)

THE LOVATIONS: Drifting Off Shore (Cap City)

THE NOTATIONS: You Should Know (Sue)

LENIS GUESS: For All You've Been (DPG)

THE LOST SOUL: A Secret Of Mine (Raven)

KEN WILLIAMS: Come Back (Okeh)

BIG DON'S REBELLION: It Was True (Ethon)

THE NATURALS: Don't Just Stand There (Path)

HELP TRUTH & THE PORTRAITS: Emotions (True Love)

THE MAR-J's: Got To Find A Way Out (Magic Touch)

THE INVITATIONS: Watch Out Little Girl (MGM)

VINCE APOLLO: I Bear Witness (Pentagon)

THE LAVELLS: Share Him (CTB)

THE ADMIRATIONS: Heaven Is In Your Arms (Paree)

ANTWANS: Ain't No Love (Snawtna)

THE INTENTIONS: I'm Losin' Your Love (Up Tight)

THE DYNELS: C'mon Little Darlin' (Natural)

MILLER SISTERS: Your Love (GMC)

L. ALLEN: Can't We Talk It Over (Green Dolphin)

CHUCK FLAMINGO: Love, Love, Love (Rojac)

GORDON KEITH: Look Ahead (Calumet)

GINO WASHINGTON: I'll Be Around (When You Want Me) (Mala)

FREDDIE GORMAN: The Day Will Come (Miracle)

DONTEE STUDIO BAND: Alone With No Love (Dontee)

I think that's the lot...........if there are any I've forgotten, I'll add them when I get home later!

Gene

Edited by Gene-R

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(mark.b @ May 22 2007, 07:25 PM) link
hi maria and carl

you know you cannot win with some people modern to them is anything after 1969 but as you know if it is good it should be played no matter when it was recorded, i personally will play 60, 70's and 80's if they are good enough have also been known to like and play the odd new release so just keep on doing what you are doing.

you know it makes sense.

mark

I totally agree with your sentiments Mark remember the old saying:-

Nil desporandum carborundum...Dont let the "Bastards" grind you down !!

Regards Ritchie. thumbsup.gif

SORRY FOR THE DELAY BUT HERE ARE THE TUNES I PLAYED IN THE C.W. SUITE

LEE McDONALD - I'LL DO ANYTHING FOR YOU

ARTHUR PRYSOCK - ALL I NEED IS YOU TONIGHT

SEAN OLIVER - YOU AND ME

DELLS - LIFE IS THE TIME

VAN McCOY - BACKSTABBERS

MILTON JAMES - MY LONELY FEELING

PATTI YOUNG - HEAD AND SHOULDERS

TOMMY TATE - IF YOU GOT TO LOVE SOMEBODY

LEON PETERSON - NOW YOUR'E ON YOUR OWN

APPRECIATIONS - IT'S BETTER TO CRY

BINGO JOE AND HIS GUM BANDS

I'LL BE DOGGON - INST.

EDDIE HOLLAND - I LIKE EVERTHING ABOUT YOU

I'M SO GLAD HEARTACHES DON'T LAST - INST.

HOLLYWOOD FLAMES

JOE AND GEORGE - C/U

JIMMY RUFFIN - STOP LEADING ME ON

LONG AFTER TONIGHT IS ALL OVER - INST.

E.WILLIAMS - TRADE MY SOUL TO THE DEVIL

BOBBY CASH - NOBODY KNOWS

ROBBIE LAWSON - BURNING SENSATION

LYNN TERRY - I GOT A GOOD THING GOING

UTOPIAS - GIRLS ARE AGAINST ME

THIRD WISH - YOU GOT TO BELIEVE

REE FLORES - LOOK INTO MY HEART

ADMIRATIONS - HEAVEN IS IN YOUR ARMS

WARD BURTON - SWEET TEMPTATION

PRINCE PAUL - IN THE BEGINING

ADMIRATIONS - YOU LEFT ME

JACKIE DAY - NAUGHTY BOY

DAVID THOMAS - I'LL ALWAYS NEED YOU

THE PASTELS - IT'S SO EASY

MAMIE P GALORE - NO RIGHT TO CRY

PATRINELL STATON - A LIITLE LOVE AFFAIR

PAPA BEAR AND THE CUBS - YOUR SO FINE

MYSTIQUES - PUT OUT THE FIRE

HOPE THERE IS SOMETHING LISTED THAT INTEREST YOU, IF SO COME AND GIVE US A VISIT IN JULY.

TAKE CARE AND KEEP SAFE

MARIA AND CARL

P.S

STILL WAITING FOR JOHN AND LEONA'S PLEASE

eyup Steve could"nt agree more m8 talked too much as usuall danced a little best spot for me was Soul Sam ,Flanney and Neil Jones.and btw thanks for all the info on the Dells ect you anorak you :D Thanks to Andy for another top nite with good people inc KIT,Colin,Dave,Matchie,Rick &Sue,Chris,Les,Gary & Linda the list is endless if i"ve forgot anyone i do apologize..

Malc..(just coming round)

More than welcome Malc, it was nice to chat and I hope the tracks we talked about give you as much of a buzz as they do for me. Please give my best regards to Sue and see you both soon.

Neil thumbsup.gif

My playlist from the CW suite

TSU Toronados- Play the music toronados (Volt)

King Nando - Orchard beach shingaling Part 2 (Swinger)

The Masters - I'm just a man in love (Dellwood)

Regina Sherard- Helpless baby (King)

Sisters Three - You can forget it (early bird)

Gracie Darnell- The bad guys (Ruth)

Mary Sneed - When I was 15 (Capitol)

Misty Moore- The little things (Pzazz)

Darrow Fletcher - Infatuation (Jacklyn)

Determinations - Bing Bong (King)

Saints - I was taken for a ride (Kent)

Ella Thomas and the Dollets- Thing called love (GD&L)

Fred Lowery with Big Bo and the Arrows - I'm sorry (Atco)

Clarence Hill- A lot of loving going around (Mainstream)

Explosive Dynamiks- Whole lotta love (Lemco)

Jimmy Castor - It's OK (Jetset)

John Andrews - It's just love (UK Parlophone)

Curtis Liggins- What it is (Kayceesoul)

Little Charles and the Sidewinders- Got my own thing going (Drum)

Eddie Bo- Our love will never falter (Bluejay)

Cindy Scott- I've got news (Mirasound acetate)

The Marvels - Forget about that mess Part 1 (Sensation)

The El Corols- Chick chick (Rouser)

Sandy Wynns - I'll give that to you (Simco)

Shirelles- Too much of a good thing (Scepter)

Ja Neen Henry - Baby boy (Blue Rock)

Norma Jenkins- Me myself and I (Carnival)

Johnny Zamot - You dig (Decca)

Soulville Allstars- I'm gonna get to you (Soulville)

Kenny Carter- Wait till I get you in my arms (Blue rock)

Billy Woods- I don't want to lose your love (Verve)

Belles- Words can't explain (Mirwood)

Bob and Fred- I'll be on my way (Big Mack)

Martin

Guest Leona M

OOPS!

I posted my playlist on the events forum rather than the lookback - technophobe!!!!! :fool:

Leona

Here you go girl... i've cut and pasted it across... Joan :unsure:

Just wanna say what a great night it was at Middleton Civic last weekend......I particularly enjoyed Mike Warburtons Ska set in The Willingham Suite! Top party atmosphere....

Having Dj'd in said suite - the Gaffer (Maria) has asked me to post my playlist so here you are Chief!!!!

In School ..... James Kelly Duhon (Jude)

Just A Few Feet From The Gutter ......The Ascots (Playboy)

I Need , I Need Your Love ....... Philharmonics (Soulin)

Have I Got A Right .......The Nomads (Ripete)

How Long Is Forever ..... Frank & James (Smooth City Records)

There'll Come a Time, There'll Come A Day ..... Basic Black And Pearl (Polydor)

The Hurt's Still Here .....The Girls (Memphis)

My Baby Needs Me ......The Mellow Fellows (Dot)

Need a Replacement .....The Winstons (Curtom)

Hollywood Flames (Cover Up)

I Need You ..... Johnny McCall (Al teen)

Headed For The Streets .... Herman H. Harper 11 (Loadstone)

Let's Got It Together ......... Dale Darby (Westgate)

The Greatest Part Of Loving ....... Straight Kacket ( Showboat)

If You Want A Love Affair ...... Mighty Pope (RCA Victor)

Lucky Fellow ..... Maurice Jackson (Candlelight)

Is This The Way To Treat A Girl .....The Hesitations (GWP)

That's In The Past ..... Brenda & The Tabulations (Dionn)

Where Did I Go Wrong ..... The Spontanes (United Artists)

I Can't Go On ...... Deon Jackson (Carla)

Love You Like You've Never Been Loved .....The Falcons (Big Wheel)

I Won't Have Any Babies For You ....The Bitter & The Sweet (The Anything, Everything Records)

It's All Up To You .......The Dells (Cadet)

I Need You Now ......Tata Vega (Tamla)

I Can't Move No Mountains ....Margie Joseph (Atlantic)

Think that's the lot!

Thanks for askin' us Carl & Maria

Leona

Edited by jumpinjoan
Guest Stuart Raith

it doesnt look like anybody liked what i played but here they are anyway sad.gif

4.30 till 5.30

roy lee johnson-boogaloo n03

the incredibles-miss treatment

frederick hymes-time aint gonna do me no favours

the dynamites-frenchy the tickler

lil gray -are you foolin

the divines-i gotta make it

the regents-what you gonna do

sammy campbell-i never thought

harvey averne-never learnt to dance

roy smith-very strong on you

the tyn tymes-baby i love you

bobby wells-be's that way sometimes

willie and the mighty magnificents-check it baby

honey and the bee's-dynamite exploded

the servicemen-sweet magic

voices inc-thinkin

the dynamic 3-she said yeah

larry wright-sweet sweet kisses

bob collins-my one and only girl

new wanderers-aint gonna do you no harm

the jokers-the soul sound

lou pride-youre love is fading

joe valantine-i lost the only love i ever had

don and ron- i'm so sorry

larry wright-its ok with me

as always top night its a credit to mr mcabe

NOWT WRONG WITH THAT LOT MATE - GO DOWN WELL WITH THE BURNLEY CROWD :unsure:

Guest Leona M

OOPS!

I posted my playlist on the events forum rather than the lookback - technophobe!!!!! :fool:

Leona

Here you go girl... i've cut and pasted it across... Joan :rolleyes:

Just wanna say what a great night it was at Middleton Civic last weekend......I particularly enjoyed Mike Warburtons Ska set in The Willingham Suite! Top party atmosphere....

Having Dj'd in said suite - the Gaffer (Maria) has asked me to post my playlist so here you are Chief!!!!

In School ..... James Kelly Duhon (Jude)

Just A Few Feet From The Gutter ......The Ascots (Playboy)

I Need , I Need Your Love ....... Philharmonics (Soulin)

Have I Got A Right .......The Nomads (Ripete)

How Long Is Forever ..... Frank & James (Smooth City Records)

There'll Come a Time, There'll Come A Day ..... Basic Black And Pearl (Polydor)

The Hurt's Still Here .....The Girls (Memphis)

My Baby Needs Me ......The Mellow Fellows (Dot)

Need a Replacement .....The Winstons (Curtom)

Hollywood Flames (Cover Up)

I Need You ..... Johnny McCall (Al teen)

Headed For The Streets .... Herman H. Harper 11 (Loadstone)

Let's Got It Together ......... Dale Darby (Westgate)

The Greatest Part Of Loving ....... Straight Kacket ( Showboat)

If You Want A Love Affair ...... Mighty Pope (RCA Victor)

Lucky Fellow ..... Maurice Jackson (Candlelight)

Is This The Way To Treat A Girl .....The Hesitations (GWP)

That's In The Past ..... Brenda & The Tabulations (Dionn)

Where Did I Go Wrong ..... The Spontanes (United Artists)

I Can't Go On ...... Deon Jackson (Carla)

Love You Like You've Never Been Loved .....The Falcons (Big Wheel)

I Won't Have Any Babies For You ....The Bitter & The Sweet (The Anything, Everything Records)

It's All Up To You .......The Dells (Cadet)

I Need You Now ......Tata Vega (Tamla)

I Can't Move No Mountains ....Margie Joseph (Atlantic)

Think that's the lot!

Thanks for askin' us Carl & Maria

Leona

Cheers me Dears!!

Good job someone knows what they're doin' eh? whistling.gif

See you at Cleethorpes!

Source Advert