Guest Trevski

• Replies 69
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest SteveC

Went to inspect a lift in TK Maxx in Waterlooville last week and as I was signing in on came Moses Smith - Girl across the street. I hurredly phoned the hippo (Fudge) so as there was at least one other soulie who would vouch for me in the future.

On enquiring about the origin of their store music the staff said that TK Maxx have their own radio station whose origins are in the USA. Don't know who was more shocked - me for hearing that track in there or the staff at the notion that anyone would fork out £250 for a 7" piece of vinyl (well - I'm sure it was the demo I heard :huh:)

Social source share

Guest 71TRSC

I went to see the Go! Team at Oxford Brookes University last year. Its a big venue that holds a thousand or so punters I guess and before the band came on they were playing the usual indie tunes. Then just before the band appeared they played Exus Trek which sounded absolutely fantastic on a massive proper sound system. Wasted on a load of students though.

Social source share

Saturday in (You won't believe this, I just followed Mrs B inside!) Lambert Howarths Shoe and Slipper Museum in Rawtenstall, Everything Is Everything by Sandy Waddy. Next record was some reggae shite!

Unbelievable really, as the last time I heard this played out was at the Mecca in around 1973!

Social source share

Saturday in (You won't believe this, I just followed Mrs B inside!) Lambert Howarths Shoe and Slipper Museum in Rawtenstall, Everything Is Everything by Sandy Waddy. Next record was some reggae shite!

Unbelievable really, as the last time I heard this played out was at the Mecca in around 1973!

if it was about half two on saturday it would be on radio two, i heard it as well, first time ive heard it since i put my pye disco demand lp in the loft about 20 years ago (sandy waddy not radio two)

Social source share

Played Sandy at London bridge a couple a months ago :ohmy:

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest ScooterNik

Not as 'exotic' as some of the locations mentioned (except maybe Barry May in TK Maxx in Wigan! The secrets out Mate :D ) but Barclays bank have just played 'Sliced Tomatoes' for me while I was on hold.....made me smile

BazM

I had that yesterday.... ten minutes of cheesy lightweight jazz instumentals then the volume seemed to go up as that started... Cue me dancing around the front room hoping no one answers the phone for the next 3 minutes :D:D:D

Seeme a good idea at the time!

Social source share

Yesterday at the Manchester City v Birmingham City at half time where we normally have to listen to Oasis, The Doves or Joy Division not that I have any objections to them but to my absolute surprise over the speakers came the great Al Kent with "You got to pay the price" I was stunned.

Regards

Alan

Social source share

Wandering through our local Homebase DIY store on Friday... out of the speakers came "Cashing in" from the Voices of East Harlem - mixed in with the usual run of the mill 'muzac' (?) you usually hear in those places, it was no sales ad or anything like that, just out of the blue :rolleyes:

It reminded me of the very first time I heard it at the Blackpool Mecca all those years back :hypo:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert