The Servicemen, Who Are The Members?

Does anyone know the names of the members of The Servicemen??? Thanks!

at the last count there were over 100,000 servicemen in the army alone so i doubt anyone..even chalky will know the names of them all

regards moldie

Social source share

Just wanting to know as I've just got a copy on Wind Hit and it has an autograph. It reads "#1 Man, Mitch" on the "Need A Helping Hand" side.

That'll be at a guess James Mitchell :wicked: He's amongst the credits on their records along with Hadley D. Murrell.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Guest Soul Sid

Allright ,Ah yes, if my memory serves me write.

Arthur Lowe-lead vocal, Clive Dunn,Ian Lavender, :thumbup:

Sorry mate,I know im a piss taking swine,but its all in the best possible taste. Sid

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Does anyone know the names of the members of The Servicemen??? Thanks!

Colonel Bogey

Sergeant Bilko

Corporal Hitler

Private Parts

Moldie's Dad

...is my best guess

Social source share

That'll be at a guess James Mitchell :D He's amongst the credits on their records along with Hadley D. Murrell.

Wasn't Hadley Murrell was the label owner of Wind Hit? Out of Arizona and then moved down to LA? There was a US based CD of Hadley Murrell's stuff a few years ago. It included alternate versions of one of the Wind Hit songs I think. (Can't remember which one now).

Social source share

Wasn't Hadley Murrell was the label owner of Wind Hit? Out of Arizona and then moved down to LA? There was a US based CD of Hadley Murrell's stuff a few years ago. It included alternate versions of one of the Wind Hit songs I think. (Can't remember which one now).

The cd is Soul Side Of The Street. Hot Phoenix Soul Sides from the vaults of Hadley Murrell. Hadley was a Phoenix DJ and record producer, doubts about whether he was in the group.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to good mate of mine Gilly :) had a chat with Hadley Murrell. He tells me he wasn't in the group, thats an urban myth. Along with the group front man James Mitchell he co-wrote the songs, produced the recordings and was onwer of Wind Hit.

James Mitchell did all the vocal arrangements and Hadley helped the band, who were the LBJ's form San Francisco, with the musical arrangements.

James and the other three members (still don't know who they are :ohmy: ) were all airmen from the Luke airforce base in Arizona and to the best of his knowledge they are all with the big record producer in the sky!

He also says you have to go out and buy his cd "The Soul Side Of The Street" that contains a number of records he produced on The Servicemen, Eddie and Ernie and other artists.

Hadley says also be on the look out for some unreleased Servicemen recordings being issued in the next few months or so.

Edited by chalky
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Pic of the group in Issue #2 of There's That Beat!

I've seen two pics of them, one as a trio and one as a quartet. I think the trio simply had the fourth member 'cut off". They were in US dress uniforms.

I'll dig my copy out. I need a pic to use as a CD cover so I'll scan it if it's a good un'.

Thanks Dave, great mags by the way!

Social source share

• 5 years later...

Setting up a chat next week, anyone got any questions they want asking about the Servicemen?

Chalky,

If by any chance you get to talk to James Mitchell (hope he's alive), let him know he can stop wondering where he left his copy of the Wind Hit 45. Bet for years he kept muttering "now where did I leave that bloomin record? :g: "

post-2021-0-75307600-1359041037_thumb.jp

Social source share

Chalky,

If by any chance you get to talk to James Mitchell (hope he's alive), let him know he can stop wondering where he left his copy of the Wind Hit 45. Bet for years he kept muttering "now where did I leave that bloomin record? :g: "

post-2021-0-75307600-1359041037_thumb.jp

Unfortunately James "Mitch" Mitchell has passed away.

Social source share

Hi chalky,when you speak to the member of the Servicemen.could you find out who we're the female backing singers on the Wind Hit sides.wonder if they were of any notoriety? Cheers Chris.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!