New Century Soul Manchester

CIS Reunion Allnighter

Friday 7th December

CiS Building, Corporation Street, Manchester M60 4ES

(Opposite Victoria Train Station)

Live on stage Philly Soul Legend Mr RONNIE WALKER

8pm till 8am

£10 advance ticket or £12 OTD www.newcenturysoul.co.uk Chris 07737 341585

Main Hall we have from the '100 Club' Ady Croasdell and Keith Money, 'Lifeline's' Andy Dyson and Mick H, 'Stafford legends' Guy Hennigan and Dean Anderson, 'Scotland's' Kenny Burrell and The New Century Soul Manchester Residents Mark Bicknell, Steve Thomas, Karl Rhodes, Carl Willingham, Des Parker, Andy Whitmore and Kiddo.

Room Two 70' cross-over will open at 12am with Solar Radio's 'Sunday Soul Selection' crew with:

Shaun Robbins, Bob Smith, Paul Thrower and Brett Franklin

Soul Or Nothing @ The Ducie Bridge

6pm start Steve Cato will post up more details soon

post-900-1193742344_thumb.jpg

Check out the news section on the front page for video clips and more information

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/rare-northern...day-07-dec-2007

Edited by Chris Waterman
  • Replies 262
  • Views 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

What a line up indeed and gonna be nice to get back to the CIS,had some great times there..

We are gonna run the Ducie Bridge from 6pm to 10.30 and use the upstairs room with downstairs for overflow,music piped into downstaairs also....I will get back soon with dj...I will have tickets at the Ducie for any travellers...Looking forward to seeing some old faces i aint seen for a good while,great feedback already for one of the highlights of the year for sure....

Steve

Just like to add that this event is long overdue, being one of the original DJ's for 'The New Century Soul Club' in Manchester I really can't stress enough how much I'm looking forward to this, an excellent venue and set up this I'm sure will be one of the top nights of 2007, you have my support, commitment and passion Chris and the support of 'The Soul Shack' and Starpoint Radio, this will certainly kick start the festive season for everyone attending.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Guest Lydia H

I'm really looking forward to this one too, it will be my first CIS night - (yes I get to lose my virginity again! biggrin.gif )

and another opportunity to see all the good folk together in one place. :(

Fantastic!!

See you there...

What a line up indeed and gonna be nice to get back to the CIS,had some great times there..

We are gonna run the Ducie Bridge from 6pm to 10.30 and use the upstairs room with downstairs for overflow,music piped into downstaairs also....I will get back soon with dj...I will have tickets at the Ducie for any travellers...Looking forward to seeing some old faces i aint seen for a good while,great feedback already for one of the highlights of the year for sure....

Steve

not surprisingly were gonna make every effort to get over for this one and will hopefully be bringing a few more with us from York n Leeds ....

I'm really looking forward to this one too, it will be my first CIS night - (yes I get to lose my virginity again! :g: )

and another opportunity to see all the good folk together in one place. :yes:

Fantastic!!

See you there...

Lydia this will be my first CIS nighter so thats two virgins out that night yeh! :yes:

Oooh I can't wait, always loved the nighters here and what a great lineup :lol:

(And that's one way of getting out of the office Xmas do... :unsure::rolleyes: )

And that..babe is worth the ticket alone :g: .....Delxx

I went to the first one, great night. Still owe a soulie £2.00 he gave me when I needed change to park the car. He was a shaven headed chap and he said "just find me inside". :lol:

ahem????!!!!!! :rolleyes::unsure: ..... :g: ...only managed to get up there once with Wulfie..really enjoyed the nighter... .met up with Steph and Mel from Bradford..after not seeing them for at least 10 years...also Maxine from Rotherham and hubbie ..and Eileen...from Stalybridge...on the way home tho..it must have took us about an hour to find the south bound exit....we must have gone past Old Trafford about 4 times biggrin.gif ....Delxx

New Century Soul Manchester

CIS Reunion Allnighter

Friday 7th December

CiS Building, Corporation Street, Manchester M60 4ES

(Opposite Victoria Train Station)

Live on stage Philly Soul Legend Mr RONNIE WALKER

8pm till 8am

£10 advance ticket or £12 OTD www.newcenturysoul.co.uk Chris 07737 341585

Main Hall we have from the '100 Club' Ady Croasdell and Keith Money, 'Lifeline's' Andy Dyson and Mick H, 'Stafford legends' Guy Hennigan and Dean Anderson, 'Scotland's' Kenny Burrell and The New Century Soul Manchester Residents Mark Bicknell, Steve Thomas, Karl Rhodes, Carl Willingham, Des Parker, Andy Whitmore and Kiddo.

Room Two 70' cross-over will open at 12am with Solar Radio's 'Sunday Soul Selection' crew with:

Soul Or Nothing @ The Ducie Bridge

6pm start Steve Cato will post up more details soon

Check out the news section on the front page for video clips and more information

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/rare-northern...day-07-dec-2007

Am a fancying this! :rolleyes::unsure:

I'm putting the weekend aside for this :thumbsup: Last time I was at a Manchester Co-op All niter I didn't have 2 babies...I will have to really get myself fit for a 6pm start at the Ducie!

Actually Mr Cato,do you remember promising me that I could do a deep disco spot at the next Ducie....?

Edited by reg

I'm putting the weekend aside for this :lol: Last time I was at a Manchester Co-op All niter I didn't have 2 babies...I will have to really get myself fit for a 6pm start at the Ducie!

Actually Mr Cato,do you remember promising me that I could do a deep disco spot at the next Ducie....?

Shit Reg,too late as we are booked up now...Deffo got you booked in for 2008 event next December :thumbsup:

had some nights at the CIS and Ducie.

Count me in for this one

good luck chris

shane

:thumbup:

Can't wait for this Chris, be great to go back to this top venue!!!!! Proud to be part of it! :D

Shane, sorry wont be able to make the dayer mate. Off on my jols on the 3rd Nov. Last one was a great day, realy enjoyed it. Hope all goes well for you and you raise loads of dosh for a good charity. GOOD LUCK PAL. :shhh:

Regards Karl

Can't wait for this Chris, be great to go back to this top venue!!!!! Proud to be part of it! :thumbup:

Shane, sorry wont be able to make the dayer mate. Off on my jols on the 3rd Nov. Last one was a great day, realy enjoyed it. Hope all goes well for you and you raise loads of dosh for a good charity. GOOD LUCK PAL. :D

Regards Karl

cheers karl. have a good un mate

had some nights at the CIS and Ducie.

Count me in for this one

good luck chris

shane

:thumbup:

Good to hear Shane...Looks like the old Ducie crowd will be out in force,great feedback so far....Detals below for our little warm up....

Soul Or Nothing at the Ducie Bridge..Opp CIS all niter....6pm to 10.30pm... Djs upstairs with music on both floors..

rare underplayed 60s/crossover/70s...

Djs....

Nick Hackett..........................The London boy with northern blood...

Jamie Hartford.......................A rare outing from mr Soulsville...

Brett Franklin.........................The Ducie Bridge landlord for the night...

Plus the Two Bills.. .......Profile below...

The Two Bills, AKA Billysbag and Billyboy, Djing around the Midlands for many years, venues such as Queen Mary Ballroom, Studio 1, residents at The Raven their latest soulnite..On the scene since the early 70s, 2 of the earliest Wigan members,both vinyl junkies who love to play quality soul to appreciative like minded crowd..

Their moto - "why not"...requests welcome and we will always play them ( next time !!! ).

Thats all sorted then...Remember we will have the tickets on sale there from the start or you can pick up any you have bought off myself or Lydia.........We have a bottle bar and djs upstairs and any other drinks can be bought from the main bar...Music will be on both floors and so we will have room for about 200 in total...Look forward to seeing many old faces and a few new ones too...

Edited by little-stevie

Good to hear Shane...Looks like the old Ducie crowd will be out in force,great feedback so far....Detals below for our little warm up....

Soul Or Nothing at the Ducie Bridge..Opp CIS all niter....6pm to 10.30pm... Djs upstairs with music on both floors..

Djs....

Nick Hackett..........................The London boy with a northern blood...

Brett Franklin.........................The Ducie Bridge landlord for the night...

The Two Bills, AKA Billysbag and Billyboy, Djing around the Midlands for many years, venues such as Queen Mary Ballroom, Studio 1, residents at The Raven their latest soulnite..On the scene since the early 70s, 2 of the earliest Wigan members,both vinyl junkies who love to play quality soul to appreciative like minded crowd..

Their moto - "why not"...requests welcome and we will always play them ( next time !!! ).

Thats all sorted then...Remember we will have the tickets on sale there from the start or you can pick up any you have bought off myself or Lydia.........We have a bottle bar and djs upstairs and any other drinks can be bought from the main bar...Music will be on both floors and so we will have room for about 200 in total...Look forward to seeing many old faces and a few new ones too...

Looks like an early start the Stevie that night....lol back where we belong mate, the allniter will be an EVENT

Just like to add that this event is long overdue, being one of the original DJ's for 'The New Century Soul Club' in Manchester I really can't stress enough how much I'm looking forward to this, an excellent venue and set up this I'm sure will be one of the top nights of 2007, you have my support, commitment and passion Chris and the support of 'The Soul Shack' and Starpoint Radio, this will certainly kick start the festive season for everyone attending.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Will you be in full 'CIS' mode Mark... asleep and miss your spot! :thumbsup:

Guest Chris Waterman

Djs....

Nick Hackett..........................The London boy with northern blood...

Stevie

Thanks for sorting this out and I am sure it will be just like before, a night on its own. The only downside for me is that I never got across to be part of it and hear some of the guy's and girls who profiled at the warm up sessions and I very much doubt I will this year, unless Marcelle hurries up and finishes her apprenticeship :thumbsup:

Will you be in full 'CIS' mode Mark... asleep and miss your spot! :thumbsup:

You better believe it Joan.......'dip your hips and don't intimidate my women'...lol remember that in my younger days...lol

oh and only missed one or was it two CIS spots can't remember...surfice to say I won't be missing this one....lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

You better believe it Joan.......'dip your hips and don't intimidate my women'...lol remember that in my younger days...lol

oh and only missed one or was it two CIS spots can't remember...surfice to say I won't be missing this one....lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

You lightweight you.... :thumbsup:

They were some rum old nights the CIS niters weren't they :D I think I'll have to take it easy this time as I definitely am a lightweight nowadays :lol:

Guest Chris Waterman

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Mark we liked to call them power napps :thumbsup:

I could have sworn I guested at one of them, I'm either blind or it's a very rare flyer!

Either way I'll be up for this reunion, a rare trip to the North but plenty of great sounds to regale y'all with. Congratulations to Chris for sticking with it and weathering the various storms us promoters sometimes get hit with. It's going to be a great night.

I will be there with my Sexollettes, hope plenty of 70s being played. Are you having a seperate Modern room mr waterman ?

DT

Its listed on the posting and on the flyer plus all mail outs...

Room Two 70' cross-over.... open at 12am with Solar Radio's 'Sunday Soul Selection' crew with:

Edited by little-stevie
Guest Chris Waterman

I could have sworn I guested at one of them, I'm either blind or it's a very rare flyer!

Either way I'll be up for this reunion, a rare trip to the North but plenty of great sounds to regale y'all with. Congratulations to Chris for sticking with it and weathering the various storms us promoters sometimes get hit with. It's going to be a great night.

Hi Ady

You did the 2nd Allnighter 31st Jan 2004, can't remember why you were not on the flyer, but found you on the DJ Rosta we used to print up (attached below) always remember I used to go around the venue sticking these up and there would be a que behind me taking them down as fast as I could put them up!!

post-900-1193934584_thumb.jpg

Guest Brett F

I will be there with my Sexollettes, hope plenty of 70s being played. Are you having a seperate Modern room mr waterman ?

DT

Hello, i assure you i will play rare 70's soul alongside my fine fellows Robbins, Smith and Thrower.............

i also will be across the road at the Ducie with the CatoMan, where the music will also be of the highest quality.

Brett Franklin..............

Guest Brett F

I also will be forcing pure ETHER into my bloodstream at around 13.12, because i heard long ago that it gave a man an edge.......................... :huh: ......it will be one of those days... :)

Brett Franklin

Edited by Brett F

Source Advert