Ernie Andrews

• Replies 35
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi - an anyone tell me the difference between the original on Strata east and the boot please- I always thought that the originals had a cerated edge but I saw a mates one a couple of nights ago that wasnt and was different to the boot i saw afew years ago

as described by JM....the original has the uk style anti slip grips round the edge, the counterfiet is an exact copy without the anti slip grips.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

I need to update the info on the 45 as it was documented 10 years ago or more. and will be in the next guide out in the spring.

Anti-slip UK style grips around the label is the FRENCH press.

The USA original the matrix reads:

matrix reads: small # 75 hold this @ 12 o'clock position, @ the opposite 6 o'cklock position the longer matrix reads SES 19742-45 A

Social source share

And Belgium pic sleeve similar to the French ...
In so much as its just as silly. A different design to the French one tho. Posted a picture of it in the 1st picture sleeves thread a while ago. On holiday right now but I'll post it up again when I get home (unless someone beats me to it). Doesn't feature the "drunken" intro like the LP version but it doesn't fade out like the US 45 so I guess is a more "full" version Cheers Paul
Social source share

Last one - also beware the Arista 12" with The Bottle on the B side, the 'Live version', that I see on Ebay a lot, the sellers always shy away from stating that their 12" is just that, a 'Live version'.

Someone always falls for paying through the nose for it.

Edited by Barry
Social source share

But Barry the original is on Strata East label not Arista and it came out a couple of years before the 1st 12 inchers ( shurely, hic :shades: ) Cheers Paul

Correct, but in my wisdom I prefer what comes out of the speakers to the paying public - and that 12" sounds sooooo much better than the Strata release. :unsure:

Social source share

But Barry the original is on Strata East label not Arista and it came out a couple of years before the 1st 12 inchers ( shurely, hic :shades: ) Cheers Paul

I apologise, I see where you get your post from, I should have said 'official' Arista 12" release shouldn't I?

You're so picky. :unsure:

Social source share

Did the track also came out an the 'B' side of 'Space shuttle'?, I have it on a promo 12", seem to think it was but without hunting for it for an hour I can't remember.

I have the 12" issue of SS - and I'm sure it wasn't on that, again, I may be wrong - something tells me it might have been on the flip of the 7".

It might have been on the promo, I don't know, you're prob right.

Edited by Barry
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert