Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings Live In Dublin & Uk

Would just like to say what a fantastic show this was at The Button Factory in Dublin on the first show of their World Tour. Awesome show, if you can get tickets for her shows in the UK get them quick, she's also going to be on the Jools Holland show as well.

Rob & Karen

have a look and see what you're missing !

Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley
  • Replies 26
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest bazabod_downunder

Couldn't agree more, we saw here in Brisbane last month on her Australian leg, little lady dynamite, she certainly knows how to get the audience pumped, top performer......she did a great version of 'It's A Mans World' & 'There Was A Time'...not forgetting the band, tight all night...brilliant.

KTF

Baz

Would just like to say what a fantastic show this was at The Button Factory in Dublin on the first show of their World Tour. Awesome show, if you can get tickets for her shows in the UK get them quick, she's also going to be on the Jools Holland show as well.

Rob & Karen

saw her in z¼rich a couple of months ago, full of energy, perfect!!!! picking the ugliest guy out of the crowd to get him on stage and made him a hero for one day... :ohmy: .

Its very rare to see a performer quite like this lady, she gives everything to her audience, and at 52! can she dance.................brilliant, brilliant.

Guest Neil Taylor

I`VE BEEN WANTING TO SEE THIS LADY FOR QUITE SOMETIME,AND NOW I FINALLY GOT ROUND TO DOING IT.

THIS COMING SATURDAY AT THE SAGE THEATRE IN NEWCASTLE--SHARON JONES & THE DAP KINGS-----WOW.

THIS WOMAN DELIVERS THE GOODS IN DROVES,WHAT A POWERFULL VOICE SHE HAS.FROM-- JUST DROPPED IN,TO MY LAND IS YOUR LAND,TO 100 DAYS & 100 NIGHTS.SIMPLY BRILLIANT.

IF YOUR IN THE NORTH-EAST OF ENGLAND THIS WEEKEND,COME AND HAVE YOUR BREATH TOOK AWAY BY MISS SHARON JONES.

SOUL/FUNK HOW IT SHOULD BE,RAW & GRITTY.

NEIL.

Guest Rowly

Yeah saw her at the Concorde2 in Brighton last night.... AWESOME performance by both Sharon & the Dap-Kings. A BRILLANT gig!

She's on next weeks Jools Holland apparently too....

Edited by Rowly

tony,i also saw her in bham. stunning show,very powerful singer and a very tight band.

and she is appearing on Jools Holland show tonight for those not fortunate to have seen her yet

Me, Ady and James T are going to see her at the Jazz Cafe tomorrow night - can't wait :thumbsup: Anyone else going along?

Nope, we're going tonight. Unfortunately I've just found out we can't get restaurant reservations upstairs so we'll have to rough it with the hoi polloi downstairs. We find soul goes down much better with Chablis and Chicken Chasseur.

Warren

Guest DonnaD

Nope, we're going tonight. Unfortunately I've just found out we can't get restaurant reservations upstairs so we'll have to rough it with the hoi polloi downstairs. We find soul goes down much better with Chablis and Chicken Chasseur.

Warren

We have a table reservation :ohmy: its a shame we aren't going on the same night, I could have thrown peas at you :thumbsup:

Edited by DonnaD

Me, Ady and James T are going to see her at the Jazz Cafe tomorrow night - can't wait :thumbup: Anyone else going along?

Well Donna, we've just got back from the Jazz Cafe and you're in for a right royal treat. She's a superb performer, got great stage craft and has an excellent voice. She reminds me of a female James Brown how she works the audience. A great show but pity she doesn't yet have any real 'killer tunes' of her own to launch her into superstardom. All in all a 9/10 concert.

Warren

Edited by boogaloo

Well Donna, we've just got back from the Jazz Cafe and you're in for a right royal treat. She's a superb performer, got great stage craft and has an excellent voice. She reminds me of a female James Brown how she works the audience. A great show but pity she doesn't yet have any real 'killer tunes' of her own to launch her into superstardom. All in all a 9/10 concert.

Warren

Ady, Donna you guys are in far a treat tonight. Went with my wife last night and Sharon and the Dap Kings were fantastic. She had a couple of on stage dancers who weren't bad, but seeing that Mr Darge was there, perhaps he should have put them to shame with his classy moves!

Plenty of killer tunes (Boogaloo what you talkin' about!) and what energy Sharon has, puts the likes of Leonie Lewis etc to shame!!!

TTM

I missed out on tickets for Manchester unfortunately, but saw her on Jools Holland and she was brilliant! Jools pi**ed me off a bit as he had to point out that the Dap Kings are "well known for playing with Mark Ronson and Amy Winehouse".... :unsure:

Yeah but I wonder who they like backing best :D

Fantastic, it is a pleasure to see a good old fashioned SOUL singer instead of second rate replicas :D

Probably a forlorn hope but nobody knows of tickets for Gateshead tomorrow? I thought I was going to be away and not able to go but can now and its sold out!!

Typical of my organisation.

Jock

go in as a roadie, don't shave, make yourself a laminate pass, pull a woolie hat down over your ears and carry a bunch of cable--works every time :unsure::D

Good luck

Rob & karen

Jock

go in as a roadie, don't shave, make yourself a laminate pass, pull a woolie hat down over your ears and carry a bunch of cable--works every time :unsure::D

Good luck

Rob & karen

Before Bully says anything................. if you look at the pictures of Essence last week you will see that is how I was dressed all weekend, gave many people a load of laughs, all at my expense (and a few at Dave T's as In kept getting compared to him!) and lots of digs from Bully about my "new" look!!

Gutted I am missing it.

Hope you are both well and look forward to seeing you both.

Edited by jocko

We all went down for the Friday night in Camden, well worth it....

I pulled the short straw and drove which is always fun in the early hours... I have to say that though The Jazz cafe is very small though it was a real push at the bar, more than made up for by Sharon and the Dapp Kings performance though, they even did "There was a Time" in the Encore which was brilliant..!

Next time we eat and check the act from above!

Mal.C. wink.gif

Guest DonnaD

I thought they were brilliant. We def made the right choice booking a table and watching from the balcony as the place was heaving and couldn't see a thing when I ventured downstairs. I loved the funk dancers that Sharon kept pulling up on stage and can't believe how much energy she has.

The only problem with eating and watching at the same time was that Ady kept stealing the food from my plate everytime I looked away boxing.gif

Source Advert