Cd Swap May 2008

Guest shaun evans

More CD's arrived today from BiggRay, Chris Andereton, Bully Boy, Shaun Evans, Val and Les.

Thanks all.

Will be busy listening over the weekend. thumbup.gif

wave.gif got two spare copies of vol 2 i done today sweatingbullets.gif if anyone intrested :lol: oh brill cd les :lol:

Social source share

• Replies 265
  • Views 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

i have got CD's so far, from .........AL, Tabs, john reed, shaun evans, bully, val, biggray, chris anderton and les fisher. cheers chaps. :yes:

i've had chance to listen to most, and must admit its been quite an eye opener, and i'm beginning to think mine might not be to peoples taste :)

it seems i may be living in the past, and folk have moved on, and are listening to proper soul music for grown ups :g:

oh well, i still enjoy old music :P

must say though, its excellent chill out music, and a new learning curve for me. just needs a few more listens

big thanks to val though, some on yours have gone straight on the wants list, ex saveyons, rotations :thumbsup:

still learning

alan

Social source share

Guys, Had a day off this today and after shooting a steady 79 this morning i have spent the afternoon catching up on the CDs...so far i have played Val, Bigray, John Mcrae and Hohn Reed. Every Cd so far is top quality, right in the theme and the spirit of the swap.....well done guys. I`ll get a listen to the others over the weekend,

Cheers, Chris.

Social source share

Guest shaun evans

what about VOL.I, any of them left. is VOL II this cd swap?

alan

:thumbsup: just done it today for myself but i got some crds left mate it sorry for the confusion would you kike a copy :yes:

Social source share

:g: just done it today for myself but i got some crds left mate it sorry for the confusion would you kike a copy :)

:yes: please, if you don't mind :thumbsup: . do you still have my address?

alan (Brannan)

Social source share

Guest shaun evans

:) please, if you don't mind :yes: . do you still have my address?

alan (Brannan)

:P yes mate will post out on monday :thumbsup::g:

Social source share

Guest shaun evans

I've still not had a list of addreses.

Can someone pm me please.

My cd's should be in the post towards the end of next week.

Have thoroughly enjoyed what I've recieved so far.

John.

:lol::rolleyes: just had postman drop Fraser dunn cd in WOW quite stunning i need to find Margie Alexander track wonderful stuff mate :lol:

Social source share

Guest shaun evans

quote name='rupert' date='May 10 08, 11:26 AM' post='765218']

i'll have a copy if its going begging.

rupert

Social source share

quote name='rupert' date='May 10 08, 11:26 AM' post='765218']

i'll have a copy if its going begging.

rupert

:yes: really sorry mate but this is only for the people involved in this swap

now then Shaun

exactly where is my PM asking me for my address so that you can send me copies of your undoubtedly marvelous CDs....

consider yourself put accross my knee and chastised :thumbup::D

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Why are we taking the time to make C.Ds, spend money on postage and packing :thumbup:

When you can do this ?

C.D Swap

Or does it have to be Orig' C.DR's :D:yes::yes:

Social source share

Guest shaun evans

now then Shaun

exactly where is my PM asking me for my address so that you can send me copies of your undoubtedly marvelous CDs....

consider yourself put accross my knee and chastised :rolleyes::no:

:lol:blush.gif

Social source share

Why are we taking the time to make C.Ds, spend money on postage and packing :rolleyes:

When you can do this ?

C.D Swap

Or does it have to be Orig' C.DR's laugh.gif:lol::no:

but i can't play that at work, in the car, .................... :g:

unless i take the time to make CD's, spend money buying the CD'S, ........................ :g:

:P

its good to share, its even better when theres only 29 others :D:(:lol:

alan

Social source share

Guest shaun evans

quote name='Gavin Page' date='May 11 08, 01:55 PM' post='765850']

Why are we taking the time to make C.Ds, spend money on postage and packing :huh:

When you can do this ?

C.D Swap

Or does it have to be Orig' C.DR's :lol::lol::lol:

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

but i can't play that at work, in the car, .................... :g:

unless i take the time to make CD's, spend money buying the CD'S, ........................ :g:

:P

its good to share, its even better when theres only 29 others :huh::lol::lol:

alan

:lol::lol::wave:

Edited by Gavin Page
Social source share

Guest Les F

Having just popped a couple of copies in the post, I've noticed some typo's in my track listing. 395064.gif Apologies for that, INEXCUSABLE! I really should take more care :wave: !!

It's JaCqui Verdell!

Lee Williams is on the BLACK SOUL label!

Rhonda Davis took a walk ON a short pier!!

Social source share

Having just popped a couple of copies in the post, I've noticed some typo's in my track listing. 395064.gif Apologies for that, INEXCUSABLE! I really should take more care whistling.gif !!

It's JaCqui Verdell!

Lee Williams is on the BLACK SOUL label!

Rhonda Davis took a walk ON a short pier!!

I just thought you were being sneaky and doing some cover-ups.... :lol::lol::lol: .

Good to see Marcell Strong getting an airing.....

Social source share

Having just popped a couple of copies in the post, I've noticed some typo's in my track listing. 395064.gif Apologies for that, INEXCUSABLE! I really should take more care whistling.gif !!

It's JaCqui Verdell!

No problem Les worked the Jacqui spelling out and purchased a copy over the weekend -

Gonna be alot trickier and wallet emptying to get an Eddie Finley though :lol:

Social source share

after shooting a steady 79 this morning

Chris,

I thought we were supposed to be keeping egos out of this ph34r.gif I can't shoot under 95 at the moment, and i got seriously rained on yesterday afternoon!!!

Anyway, cut the first demo of mine on firday and have been "proof listening to it" all weekend in the car, so will be shipping it out by the end of this week.

Phew! now i can sit back relax and listen to everyone elses :lol:

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Why are we taking the time to make C.Ds, spend money on postage and packing :rolleyes:

When you can do this ?

C.D Swap

Or does it have to be Orig' C.DR's :shades:laugh.gif:lol:

Gavin...Please post your playlist for the Download...Good Cd too...Thanx Graham.

Social source share

Guest Les F

No problem Les worked the Jacqui spelling out and purchased a copy over the weekend - Good man!

Gonna be alot trickier and wallet emptying to get an Eddie Finley though :DIf I see or hear of one buddy, I'll give you the :(

Looking forward to hearing yours fella! Any day now right?

Social source share

FAO Chris

Chris, I don't know if there's a problem still no address list!! I saw that you had received my last e-mail, I also saw that someone else has not received the addresses.

Maybe a problem at your end? Could you please send.

Thanks

TT

Edited by Tony Turner
Social source share

Tony, You and John seem to be having the same problem mate...or maybe i seem to be having the problem with you! I`ll PM them to you right now...and i`ll email them again...

As a matter of interest do you and John receive my sales list? Just thinking that maybe it goes into your bulk/spam files?

I dont know whats going on!

The 79 was a nice knock these days...only get out about 4 or 5 times a year now, could`nt resist the real thing after playing Tiger Woods 08 on the Wii!!!

Glad you are all enjoying the Cds....

Are we likely to get anymore in the next couple of days guys???

ps, John I have sent the addresses again to you tonight, get back to me to let me know if its worked or not.

Chris.

Social source share

Guest Les F

Two more today, Fraser and John McCrae. Like the liner notes Fraser, wish I'd thought of that!

Surprising that out of the 11 cd's I've received so far, the only repeat track is The Florida Spiritulaires "I Remember When". I had no idea this was even known. So there ya go, everyday's a school day as they say. Great to see everyone including some deep and southern. Only 17 more to come!

Social source share

had to ditch a couple of mine after road testing in the car as the mp3s i used turned out to be shite!

not got the time to re-record, so have chosen a couple of different tracks and have burnt a new master.

mine 'should' be out middle to end of next week.

imho it's good that the CD's come over a two or three week period as it gives you time to have a good listen to each CD that arrives.

the three swaps we've done in the past have all been like that!

been busy this week, so will start listening to the ones i've received as from tomorrow - can't wait!

cheers

steve

Social source share

had to ditch a couple of mine after road testing in the car as the mp3s i used turned out to be shite!

not got the time to re-record, so have chosen a couple of different tracks and have burnt a new master.

mine 'should' be out middle to end of next week.

imho it's good that the CD's come over a two or three week period as it gives you time to have a good listen to each CD that arrives.

the three swaps we've done in the past have all been like that!

been busy this week, so will start listening to the ones i've received as from tomorrow - can't wait!

cheers

steve

Agree Steve - Drip feeding's the best way to digest them individually.

Not using that as an excuse for not sending mine out yet; got the playlist sorted subject to a few tweaks and also waiting for postie to deliver something special for your listening enjoyment :rolleyes:

Pat

Social source share

Absolutely right guys...the idea is not to get them all within a week but for them to arrive over a month or even 6 weeks or so...

AS LONG AS WE GET THEM ALL IN THE END!! LOl

Chris

Have just finished my 'first cut' guys.

Needs 'road testing' and then we should be ready to go ahead and burn baby burn!

Not had chance to listen to any of the ones received, yet!

Just snowed under workwise, trying to get everything done before I go tho the states, next week.

Apologising ahead of time if I dont get 'em to you until I return... but you never know, I might find a spare couple of hours before then!

Will certainly do my best!

Cheers me dears

:lol:

Sean

Social source share

Sure it will be worth waiting for Sean!

You lookin for tunes in the States?

I`m off in a few weeks but for the first time its a "holiday" and I`m taking Helen with me...just a holiday though, new York, Niagra, Carolinas etc...but its just a holiday, no records......just a holiday....

I have to keep telling myself that!!!!

Chris.

Social source share

Sure it will be worth waiting for Sean!

You lookin for tunes in the States?

I`m off in a few weeks but for the first time its a "holiday" and I`m taking Helen with me...just a holiday though, new York, Niagra, Carolinas etc...but its just a holiday, no records......just a holiday....

I have to keep telling myself that!!!!

Chris.

Yes mate, off around Memphis, and what have you - Deep Sarf!

Me, Tats and Kev Briscoe!

You comin?

Social source share

You comin?

Nahh, I dont like the south mate....too spread out and they talk funny....prefer it up north.

Sure you will have the best time with those guys in tow! I have`nt seen Kev Brisco since the days of Pitchers and Fish`s do in Melbourne....you should bring him to the Greyhounds with you in September.

Have a great trip mate...sure there are still loads of things stuffed away somewhere in river records!

Chris.

Social source share

You comin?

:thumbsup:

Nahh, I dont like the south mate....too spread out and they talk funny....prefer it up north.

Sure you will have the best time with those guys in tow! I have`nt seen Kev Brisco since the days of Pitchers and Fish`s do in Melbourne....you should bring him to the Greyhounds with you in September.

Have a great trip mate...sure there are still loads of things stuffed away somewhere in river records!

Chris.

Nah Chris - they only talk funny in the South of the UK :-)

Will definately be bringing Kevin to the Greyhounds. He's one of the world's most wonderful people.

Agree, in amongst the comic books, we should hit pay dirt in River!

:shades::wave::no:

Got another 30+ addresses to visit on our tour.

Getting a little twitch, right now, just thinking about it.

:wicked:

Sean

Social source share

received john mcrae's cd today

sat down with a cup tea, and a listen :lol:

and i gotta say i'll be enjoying a lot more tea in the future listening to this one, cheers john, lots of love for this one thumbup.gif

if you ever do another sign me up :P

alan

Social source share

Yes mate, off around Memphis, and what have you - Deep Sarf!

Me, Tats and Kev Briscoe!

You comin?

:sleep3:

Sean

I presume you well-heeled chaps will be residing in The Peabody when staying in Memphis.

Following the ducks down the red carpet on your way out for a night in Beale Street :thumbsup:

Pat

Edited by s7oul
Social source share

Been enjoying the CDs that have arrived so far, still a few I've yet to listen to as well :thumbsup: .

Have had a few delays in getting mine ready, so spologies for that but all systems go now. I've decided which tracks to include and will start burning them tomorrow and get them all in the post (hopefully) before the weekend.

Adam.

Social source share

Sean

I presume you well-heeled chaps will be residing in The Peabody when staying in Memphis.

Following the ducks down the red carpet on your way out for a night in Beale Street :thumbsup:

Pat

Hi Pat,

Peabody's strictly for the Birds mate! :huh:

We've opted for something a little more 'earthy' - The Real Memphis downtown...Residence Inn.

:sleep3:

Sean

Social source share

Guest shaun evans

:lol: alan did you get your cd ok mate :D

:no: many thanks to jerry welsh and john mcrae for your cds some blinders you guys, :thumbsup: dat fooking wants list is getting longer :lol:

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Gavin...Please post your playlist for the Download...Good Cd too...Thanx Graham.

Sorry to jack the thread Chris. I did not mean to, it was just a thought :lol:

1. Al James And The New Rhythm Band - Give Me Up Turn Me Loose.

2. Al. Williams -The Other Side Of Your Love.

3. Willie Hutch - Lets Try It Over Again.

4. Weldon Irvine - I Love You.

5. Bazuka - Come To Me.

6. The Blue Notes - We Can Make It.

7. Bobby Womack - Love Aint Something That You Get For Free.

8. The Isley Brothers - Work To Do.

9. Chocolate Clay - Free ( I'll Always Be).

10. Dennis Lee And Notables - Sunday Afternoon.

11. Garland Green - Come Through Me.

12. Gene Chandler - Without You Here.

13. Jimmy J Barnes - I Think I've Got A Good Chance.

14. John Wilson -Ain't Enough Lovin'.

15. Leno Phillips - Confusion.

16. Ray Alexander Techniques - Save Me.

17. Mind And Matter - Under Your Spell.

18. Moon Williams - Suspicious Love.

19. Richie Havens - What You Gonna Do About Me.

20. The Moments - Rain In My Back Yard.

21. Joe Valentine - I Lost The Only Love I Had.

22. The Rotations - When He Slowly Moves Away From You.

Next time I will join the Swap, for some reason I missed the thread :lol:

Edited by Gavin Page
Social source share

Sorry to jack the thread Chris, did not mean to do that it was just a thought :lol:

10. Dennis Lee And Notables - Sunday Afternoon.

and if this goes on your wants list, there is currently one up in sales... contact Gaz Simon or me

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert