I Found This Interesting Paris ( The Whoosie) Sleepless Nights

Does anybody have a YouTube account that enables them to send messages ... I haven't and can't figure out how to do it !!!

Al Capps is still active so somebody could message him, maybe via his Judy Hughes video, and ask him to come join us .. we can then unravel the mystery about Doc Records

Andy

Social source share

Does anybody have a YouTube account that enables them to send messages ... I haven't and can't figure out how to do it !!!

Al Capps is still active so somebody could message him, maybe via his Judy Hughes video, and ask him to come join us .. we can then unravel the mystery about Doc Records

Andy

they took away the "send message" button from the user's personal page. You still can send them messages by going to your messages and composing a new message and putting the user's youtube ID as the recipient.

Social source share

Andy

I have mate, lets see if he replies.

ATB

Social source share

The Smash OOML is 1967.

then it should be on the typical mid 60`s label design.................it is not its on the one used from 69 onwards like kelly garrett etc ( with the mercury logo next to smash)..in fact they follow each other as releases.. the other tempest releases ( on the lp) are quite a bit earlier.. :g: ....might have to do a bit more digging

Social source share

ive dated it to jan 69 ish lol.ok maybe even dec 68 :rofl: ....theres a 5 figure digit number on all the mercury/philips fontana smash brand of labels below the main catalogue number that ties all these labels together. a handy thing to know if you need to date stuff. i could delve further but i`ll leave that to the anoraks

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

yes tempests is 42790 so that means tempests is dec 68 ..nov at the very earliest..18 months after the lp and the last of the other smash 45s

anyway gettin sidetracked a little an goin off topic a bit. but its handy info if u dont know

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

Thanks Mr C will think about it, 3 and 4 years on from Mr tears, Paris 2 the tempest I would expect some change in the voice if he was quiet young.

It is all speculation on my part after hearing Mr tears and thinking the voice was an old friend any way and Frank did tell me it wasn't Hazel but my stubborn heart wont let it go. Lol

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

• 9 years later...
On 22/05/2008 at 10:01, Garethx said:

Is there any substance to the rumour that Mr. Paris was a Japanese American? Fascinating to see apparent confirmation of the involvement of what looks like the entire staff and roster of Motown's West Coast office, though. You can see how the very polished production came about.

Doc is an interesting label. I'm only aware of this 45 and the Sandy Wynns classic. Are there any more releases? The Pennsylvania address would seem to be a diversionary tactic to put people on the wrong scent when looking for moonlighting Motown staff.

On 08/06/2012 at 10:13, Robbk said:

Possibly. But why then wouldn't such action be much more widespread with tiny labels?

Sorry this thread is so old and it may now have been solved (please direct me)

Rob (as usual) is spot on about the dentistry thing too....fantastic....Helen Blumberg (did she own the label ?)

IMG_0703.jpg

246 A.2d 407 (Pa. 1968), Revere Press, Inc. v. Blumberg - Pennsylvania - Case Law - VLEX 625853891.pdf

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!