• Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

latest release titled "Northern Soul 2008" is due out at the end of the month

info and clips can be found at

https://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endID=343082337

I've been lurking on here for a long time, and I do prefer to just read the comments without getting involved, as more often than not it all descends into total anarchy on here, and I really had no intention of posting at all, but my curiousity got the better of me this one time. Now it's true to say that I have no particular love of Levine at all, but I just had to say that I was amazed that a thread came up about him two days ago, and none of you have been jumping up and down and foaming at the mouth.

Usually the mere mention of his name gets half of you frothing at the mouth like a case of rabies.

Maybe you've all mellowed in your old age ????

Social source share

I've been lurking on here for a long time, and I do prefer to just read the comments without getting involved, as more often than not it all descends into total anarchy on here, and I really had no intention of posting at all, but my curiousity got the better of me this one time. Now it's true to say that I have no particular love of Levine at all, but I just had to say that I was amazed that a thread came up about him two days ago, and none of you have been jumping up and down and foaming at the mouth.

Usually the mere mention of his name gets half of you frothing at the mouth like a case of rabies.

Maybe you've all mellowed in your old age ????

hi ian

a lot of the anarchists are probably at cleethorpes.

mark

Social source share

hi ian

I can assure you with 100% certainty that I'm not him.

And if he knew who I was, he'd be furious.

That's my last word on the matter. Back to lurking.

Social source share

I can assure you with 100% certainty that I'm not him.

And if he knew who I was, he'd be furious.

Ah ............ Simon Cowell has joined soul source ! :yes:

Like our Toad mentioned ................ :thumbup: Everyone is well bored with the Ian Levine topics these days IMHO !

Im sure hes a nice bloke ! You either like/buy his productions or you dont ! Who really gives a shit ?

END OF !

Edited by mossy
Social source share

I can assure you with 100% certainty that I'm not him.And if he knew who I was, he'd be furious.

Known for posting on other forums , but not on SS until now : how are you Mr * ? ...........

As for Ian's latest offering - as with his past efforts - you will either like it or you will not : end of story . I had a listen to the sound clips for the album , and found some of the tracks had a somewhat pleasant - but short lived - effect on the ears , while some definately did not , as I kept having a " Miquel Brown " flashback when they played ........

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

In reality it's less than 0.0001% of members, usually the same ones, whinging and

whining about the same thing, most of them don't know him.....etc.......etc......

This forum is too good to be wasted on such tripe shame that the chinstrokers

clog up valuable air time..

:thumbup:

BTW what is tripe ? is like rabbits danglees or something ??

Social source share

In reality it's less than 0.0001% of members, usually the same ones, whinging and

whining about the same thing, most of them don't know him.....etc.......etc......

This forum is too good to be wasted on such tripe shame that the chinstrokers

clog up valuable air time..

:rolleyes:

BTW what is tripe ?[/color] is like rabbits danglees or something ??

Obviously a sar - ven - arr .........

Tripe

Tripe in a type of edible offal from the stomachs of various domestic animals

Beef tripe is usually made from only the first three of a cow's stomachs, the rumen (blanket/flat/smooth tripe), the reticulum (honeycomb and pocket tripe), and the omasum (book/bible/leaf tripe). Abomasum (reed) tripe is seen much less frequently, owing to its glandular tissue content. Tripe is also produced from sheep, goats, and pigs. Unwashed (or "green") tripe includes some of the stomach's last content, smells very unappetizing and is unsuitable for people, but is a favorite of many dogs and other carnivores and is often used in dog food. It is called green, although its colour is often brown or grey, because of its high chlorophyll content from undigested grass. For human consumption, tripe must be washed and meticulously cleaned.

Dishes

Pats¡s

Tripes   la mode de Caen

Trippa alla livornese

Boiled tripeTripe is eaten in many parts of the world. Tripe dishes include:

Andouille " French poached and smoked cold tripe sausage

Andouillette " French grilling sausage including pork or beef tripe

Butifarra " Catalonian sausage

Callos " Spanish tripe dish cooked with garbanzos, chorizo and piment³n.

Chakna " Indian spicy stew of goat tripe and other animal parts favoured by Muslims in Hyderabad

Dobrada " Portuguese tripe dish usually served with white butterbeans and chouri§o

Flaczki " Polish soup, with marjoram

Fuqi feipian A spicy Chinese cold-cut dish made from various beef offals, nowadays mainly different types of tripe and tongue.

Haggis " Scottish traditional dish made of a sheep's stomach stuffed with oatmeal and the minced heart, liver and lungs of a sheep. The stomach is used only as a vessel for the stuffing and is not eaten.

İşkembe §orbası " Turkish tripe soup with garlic, lemon and spices

Kare-kare " Filipino oxtail-peanut stew which may include tripe

Kista " Assyrian Cooked traditionlly in a stew and stuffed with soft rice. This dish is part of a major dish known as 'Pacha' in Assyrian.

Lampredotto " Florentine abomasum-tripe dish, often eaten in sandwiches with green sauce and hot sauce.

Menudo " Mexican beef tripe stew

Mondongo " Latin American and Caribbean tripe, vegetable and herb soup

Pacal or Pacalp¶rk¶lt " Hungarian spicy meal made of tripe, similar to p¶rk¶lt

Paklay " Filipino all-time Filipino Favorite dish

Pancitas " Mexican stew similar to Menudo but made with sheep stomach

Pats¡s (Greek πατσάς) " Greek hangover fix, similar to Turkish İşkembe

Philadelphia Pepper Pot Soup " American (Pennsylvania) tripe soup with peppercorns

Phở " Vietnamese soup

Tripas   moda do Porto " tripe with white beans, in Portuguese cuisine, a dish typical of the city of Porto.

Tripe and Drisheen " in Cork, Ireland

Tripoux " French sheep tripe dish

Tsitsarong bulaklak " Filipino crunchy fried tripe (lit. "flower" crackling)

Yakiniku and Horumonyaki " Japanese chargrilled, bite-sized offal.

Shkembe (Shkembe Chorba) " is a kind of tripe soup, prepared in Bulgaria, Romania, Republic of Macedonia and Turkey

It is a good hangover remedy.

Anyway , enough is enough ; it is about time the Levine baiting stopped . You either like him and his output or you do not - it is as simple as that : it is also time to make this subject on SS a no - go area ............

Malc Burton

post-5097-1212913665.jpg

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Tripe

Tripe in a type of edible offal from the stomachs of various domestic animalsMalc Burton

Er.................thanks Malc, just what I needed before Sunday roast, remember me to stab you

in the froat when we meet :lol:

Wonder how many NS choons wiv grub in their lyrics ? :rolleyes:

Social source share

it is also time to make this subject on SS a no - go area ............

Malc Burton

errr... dont do "no go areas" on here

there is a "report post" feature

if do feel any post goes against the "terms of use" then suggest use that

Social source share

latest release titled "Northern Soul 2008" is due out at the end of the month

info and clips can be found at

https://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endID=343082337

=================

Tracks 1,2,4,5 are pleasant enough, but not northern, well not to me anyway. Would dance to the first couple of tracks if I heard them in a modern room and that's not trying to put down modern, they just sound better suited to that medium to my untrained ear. Something about all the tracks remind me of the Evelyn Thomas era, not sure if it's in the production or the use of backing vocals, but there were some similar sounding effects on SWONS.

Social source share

Tripe

Tripe in a type of edible offal from the stomachs of various domestic animals

Beef tripe is usually made from only the first three of a cow's stomachs, the rumen (blanket/flat/smooth tripe), the reticulum (honeycomb and pocket tripe), and the omasum (book/bible/leaf tripe). Abomasum (reed) tripe is seen much less frequently, owing to its glandular tissue content. Tripe is also produced from sheep, goats, and pigs. Unwashed (or "green") tripe includes some of the stomach's last content, smells very unappetizing and is unsuitable for people, but is a favorite of many dogs and other carnivores and is often used in dog food. It is called green, although its colour is often brown or grey, because of its high chlorophyll content from undigested grass. For human consumption, tripe must be washed and meticulously cleaned.

Dishes

Pats¡s

Tripes   la mode de Caen

Trippa alla livornese

Boiled tripeTripe is eaten in many parts of the world. Tripe dishes include:

Andouille " French poached and smoked cold tripe sausage

Andouillette " French grilling sausage including pork or beef tripe

Butifarra " Catalonian sausage

Callos " Spanish tripe dish cooked with garbanzos, chorizo and piment³n.

Chakna " Indian spicy stew of goat tripe and other animal parts favoured by Muslims in Hyderabad

Dobrada " Portuguese tripe dish usually served with white butterbeans and chouri§o

Flaczki " Polish soup, with marjoram

Fuqi feipian A spicy Chinese cold-cut dish made from various beef offals, nowadays mainly different types of tripe and tongue.

Haggis " Scottish traditional dish made of a sheep's stomach stuffed with oatmeal and the minced heart, liver and lungs of a sheep. The stomach is used only as a vessel for the stuffing and is not eaten.

İşkembe §orbası " Turkish tripe soup with garlic, lemon and spices

Kare-kare " Filipino oxtail-peanut stew which may include tripe

Kista " Assyrian Cooked traditionlly in a stew and stuffed with soft rice. This dish is part of a major dish known as 'Pacha' in Assyrian.

Lampredotto " Florentine abomasum-tripe dish, often eaten in sandwiches with green sauce and hot sauce.

Menudo " Mexican beef tripe stew

Mondongo " Latin American and Caribbean tripe, vegetable and herb soup

Pacal or Pacalp¶rk¶lt " Hungarian spicy meal made of tripe, similar to p¶rk¶lt

Paklay " Filipino all-time Filipino Favorite dish

Pancitas " Mexican stew similar to Menudo but made with sheep stomach

Pats¡s (Greek πατσάς) " Greek hangover fix, similar to Turkish İşkembe

Philadelphia Pepper Pot Soup " American (Pennsylvania) tripe soup with peppercorns

Phở " Vietnamese soup

Tripas   moda do Porto " tripe with white beans, in Portuguese cuisine, a dish typical of the city of Porto.

Tripe and Drisheen " in Cork, Ireland

Tripoux " French sheep tripe dish

Tsitsarong bulaklak " Filipino crunchy fried tripe (lit. "flower" crackling)

Yakiniku and Horumonyaki " Japanese chargrilled, bite-sized offal.

Shkembe (Shkembe Chorba) " is a kind of tripe soup, prepared in Bulgaria, Romania, Republic of Macedonia and Turkey

It is a good hangover remedy.

Anyway , enough is enough ; it is about time the Levine baiting stopped . You either like him and his output or you do not - it is as simple as that : it is also time to make this subject on SS a no - go area ............

Malc Burton

Blimey Malc - did you stay up all night to write that?

You've dished up a huge plate of tripe!

:D

Social source share

I thought NS2007 sold that bad that 2008 was not an option. He must be mad or daft rich.

Realistically if IL produced quality retro NS tracks (Wrong side of town etc), they would not chart anyway, so I dont know why he bothers. Its a lose lose situation.

His best time was spent discovering tracks in the USA, and bringing them back over here. Maybe he should go back over there and call up all his old contacts and discover another 250 proper tunes that will keep us going for the next 5 years.

Ed

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert