• Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

looking for a nice copy of

SOUL PATROL - need of love / save your love - HIGHLAND

seen two on here recently for 40 Pounds.

Anyone got a copy for me at this price?

please PM

thanks,

christian

That was obviously very Cheap :thumbup:

I prefer Need of Love to save

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

looking for a nice copy of

SOUL PATROL - need of love / save your love - HIGHLAND

seen two on here recently for 40 Pounds.

Anyone got a copy for me at this price?

please PM

thanks,

christian

Christian , there's one on https://www.musicstack.com/show.cgi at 213 us dollers

cheers

Andy

Social source share

I have it on a Kent CD and yes its 1972 Highland 077 S-101-X MR stamp -Delta87770-X Save side S-100-X-X-REPL matrix with the stock and demo seem to be the same.

I have a copy for sale @£70 plays M-VG++ both sides slight marks Demo as well normal price for this is £150.00

Save_Edit.mp3

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

I always thought this was booted but the delta number suggests around 1972, is that right? If so,

I've got one you can have for 50 quid BUT the other side, Save Your Love, has a bit of surface noise, the Need For Love side is EX.

Pete,

Wasn't a boot. We had 500 copies repressed by the label, totally legit. God knows why I did this, never been in demand, but I loved the record!

At the time I guess we thought we could move 500 of just about anything.

Neil

Social source share

hi pete,

does yours look like this one,

mine also has a bit of noise on the b-side,

maybe it's a poor press,

always thought mine was a re-issue,

87770 delta number

Yeah identical to that one. Just played it and the problem was that Save Your Love actually sticks after about 2 seconds and you have to press down on it to get it to play, the other side is near mint.

Social source share

Pete,

Wasn't a boot. We had 500 copies repressed by the label, totally legit. God knows why I did this, never been in demand, but I loved the record!

Neil

Guess that explains the delta number then Neil, thanks for that.

Do I sell it as a reissue though, if so, how much?

Social source share

Pete,

Neil

====

glad u did neil...

had 4 yellow issues and sold em all for handsome profit....kept my lovely white demo however

save your love is one of my fave oldies!

Social source share

I'm confused with this...I bought mine a few years back as an original off a very reputable dealer yet it looks like the yellow one on styrene above....will check the numbers when i get in....

Whats the story then...it was issued and then people over here re-issued it??

What does a true US original look like then?? And is there a price difference between them??

Thanks,

JM

Edited by mulf
Social source share

I'm confused with this...I bought mine a few years back as an original off a very reputable dealer yet it looks like the yellow one on styrene above....will check the numbers when i get in....

Whats the story then...it was issued and then people over here re-issued it??

What does a true US original look like then?? And is there a price difference between them??

Thanks,

JM

I have the same yellow label that sort of looks like it's coming off and looks more late 70s than 60s. I think Neil is saying that they were pressed from the same plates in the US so the only way to tell the difference is by a more 60s looking label.

Social source share

Hmmmm always thought it looked a little funny...mine has the bubbled paper. Took the fact that it had been bought from one of the major dealers to be a guarantee it was a proper copy, not at all interested in having essentially a second issue of it.

So is the genuine 60's press a white demo on styrene but with a better glue holding the label on basically? :rolleyes:

Edited by mulf
Social source share

So surely the second issue should be sold as such ie: NOT for anywhere near the money for a proper one.....

Will look for a white DJ copy then I think.

Have to agree with you - up until about 5 years ago I was selling that yellow one with bubbly label for a fiver - I bought one out of a shop in Stoke for a fiver a couple of years back, in the pressings section. But I watched them selling time after time, I've seen them for up to £100 and if there were only 500 copies to start, 250 of those will already be out of the equasion so you've only got 250 left - therefore, it's now a rare record!

Social source share

Source Advert