Anthony White - Reset To Zero - On Radio 2 Now

Pete S

• Replies 42
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I haven't and tried to google but nothing came up on it, did you get anymore details on it Pete?

No not really, it just came on and they said it was their record of the week for this week, it's certainly retro sounding but absolutely spot on. I'll see if I can find anything out.

Social source share

I'm no connoisseur of new soul music but has anyone heard this track, sounded bloody great to me!

Great voice, Pete. He reminds me of Cedric Johnson who sang (uncredited) on those Gloworm records. "Carry Me Home" is a good example of his work.

Thanks,

Paul Mooney

Social source share

Guest Soul On A Stick

Hi BBC Sheffield's Steve White also played this on his Wednesday night soul show last week, If I remember correctly Steve said Anthoney Wright is from Nottingham.

I think it's a cracking song hope it gets released soon. :rolleyes:

Social source share

I'm no connoisseur of new soul music but has anyone heard this track, sounded bloody great to me!

Heard it a couple of times Pete..sounds good to me..reminded me of something else but not figured out what yet.

Its on DeAngelis records..on an as yet untitled album due for release soon

Social source share

Hi BBC Sheffield's Steve White also played this on his Wednesday night soul show last week, If I remember correctly Steve said Anthoney Wright is from Nottingham.

Did you hear my dedication and thanks to Pete Smith and Soul Source on Wednesday then? :D

Edited by WendyTinley
Social source share

Wow!

Was at work this morning and my ears pricked up when I heard this on Radio 2 (it's on the Ken Bruce Show as record of the week - even though it's Richard Allinson covering this week!)

Unfortunately the Trevor Nelson soundclip wasn't available, so not to be detered, I found a small sample on the De Angelis Records site https://www.de-angelisrecords.com/ It's a shame it fades just as the harmonies are coming in though....

Happy listening thumbup.gif

Social source share

Guest Soul On A Stick

Did you hear my dedication and thanks to Pete Smith and Soul Source on Wednesday then? :(

Hi Wendy

Yes indeed your request came over loud and clear, I'm pleased things worked out for you with the help of other Soul Source members. smile.gif

Going back to Anthoney Wright did Steve White say he was only around 19 yrs old? I missed that bit due to a phone call.

Corker of a song by the way thumbsup.gif

Talk to you soon.

Regards paul

Edited by Soul On A Stick
Social source share

How strange, I hardly ever listen to the Radio, but driving along today we had Radio 2 on and heard this track. We were all blown away by it and thought it was an Anthony Wright and called return to zero :D , therefore I couldn't find anything on it on google etc. I just came on here to ask the wise and the wonderful of soul source and here it is . :lol: Ian Levine and his ears were also mentioned in the car :excl:

Social source share

Hmmm,

Latest in what's becoming quite a long list of Nu Brit-Soul artists that seem to be flavour of the month at the moment.

Must admit though that he's one of the better ones if this is ow't to go by.

Been around a while though & was part of Basement Jaxx a few years ago.

Just a shame that all the contempory US Soul artists don't get this much exposure over here.

Social source share

Do I get some award for starting my first ever "nu-soul" thread or for actually listening to a new release record :lol:

Never thought in a million years I'd ever be saying this to you Pete but welcome to the dark side :thumbup::yes:

Can send you some details on how to join EMS. Sure you'd love it on there :yes:

Social source share

Never thought in a million years I'd ever be saying this to you Pete but welcome to the dark side :no::)

Can send you some details on how to join EMS. Sure you'd love it on there :yes:

I'm not sure if they really approve of it on EMS (obviously different points of view), I thought it'd be right up their street but one poster even said "sounds like something off an Ian Levine album". I'm not sure he was being complementary.

Social source share

Good call Pete,

I think the other track on his MySpace 'I Stand Alone' is also a good un!

https://www.myspace.com/anthoneywright

Easy to see where he got his influences, citing Al Green, Teddy P and Sam & Dave.

Reminds me of a guy I've been banging on about for ages and rate very highly, the wonderful Ryan Shaw... probably his US equivalent and finally gaining favour stateside.

Anyone likin' Anthoney should check out Ryan on a similar tip (in particular the incredible "I Am Your Man)...

...right here...

https://www.myspace.com/thisisryanshaw

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!