Ljblanken

• Replies 28
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

What do we reckon a UK Probe copy is worth.

Got to be far scarcer than US ABC.

Yes?

:huh:

It sure is , Mr H , it sure is .........

Malc Burton

post-5097-1225362385.jpg

post-5097-1225362657_thumb.jpg

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

:lol:

It's a nice record for sure.

Just what is the british Probe release worth? Sean asked earlier and no one replied yet.

:thumbup:

ABOUT 75 QUID I REKKON, FAR HARDER THAN USA, BUT COZ THERES LOADS OF USA COPIES, WELL ISSUES ANYWAY....KEEPS THE PRICE OF THE UK AND EVEN HARDER, FRENCH, ARGENTINIAN AND VENEZUELAN COPIES I'VE SEEN DOWN.

BRI PINCH

Social source share

Does it not remind anyone else of "Mama told me not to come"? When I hear it in my head I can visualise the shambling zombie hordes stumbling across the floor as it oozes out the speakers in an interminable drone.

The Lizard thing sounds "rock-ish" to me as well.

Time to dust off "Ooh Baby". That's something he can be proud of.

ROD

Edited by modernsoulsucks
Social source share

Guest howard E

hi. not collector or anything. i have a single called "if i could only be sure" by nolan porter on abc. i looked it up, but only found that song by "n.f. porter". is it the same thing?

yes, the very same.. released in the uk on the Probe label...

Social source share

I've always had a soft spot for this record...but for one reason or another i've never picked one up...had it on other mediums for years...I don't know how anyone could knock it to be honest...'Mama Told Me Not To Come?' Do me a favour!!

Great record...great vocal...driving dance beat...winner for me every time

I'm sure i'll part with cash for it at some point...probably not for another few years though :thumbsup:

Social source share

I think it's the way it meanders lethargically from the beginning to the blessed end in a kinda "stoned" miasma. I had no idea Little Feat were involved but that definitely explains why I detect more of an AOR rock than soul feel.

Someone once tried to explain to me the difference between "major" and "minor" key in that NS songs are written/produced whatever in major key which imparts an uplift to the song. Maybe someone with a more musical bent could tell me whether this track is in minor key.

ROD

Social source share

I've always had a soft spot for this record...but for one reason or another i've never picked one up...had it on other mediums for years...I don't know how anyone could knock it to be honest...'Mama Told Me Not To Come?' Do me a favour!!

there's quite a nice version of MTMNTC by Odetta on the 'Odetta Sings' LP

Social source share

Guest mel brat

there's quite a nice version of MTMNTC by Odetta on the 'Odetta Sings' LP

Wasn't "Mama Told Me Not To Come" originally an R&B record (by someone-or-other) anyway?

Answer -NO. (Have just looked it up!) Eric Burden & Animals did the first version apparently, but Lou Rawls and Wilson Pickett also recorded it! yes.gif

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert