• Replies 22
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Brett F

THIS GROUP IS OUT OF "HAWTHORNE CALIFORNIA" ALSO KNOWN EARLIER AS "THE FOUR BUDDIES FEATURED W/GODFATHER STRIVERS S.B." ON THE SAME LABEL. Like John said originally on C.S.C. , i have the original test pressing (scan attached) never seen the 12" any chance of a scan.

Brett

Social source share

THIS GROUP IS OUT OF "HAWTHORNE CALIFORNIA" ALSO KNOWN EARLIER AS "THE FOUR BUDDIES FEATURED W/GODFATHER STRIVERS S.B." ON THE SAME LABEL. Like John said originally on C.S.C. , i have the original test pressing (scan attached) never seen the 12" any chance of a scan.

Brett

Oh yes you have Brett.

You've seen mine & also my 7" as well (ooerr missus!)

While on here can someone confirm if the CSC copy was before the Hamito - Semitica copy as they both have the same matrix number along with the 12" copy (off the top of my head think it's 104).

Will post a pic of said 12" copy later.

Nice test press Brett :lol:

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Oh yes you have Brett.

You've seen mine & also my 7" as well (ooerr missus!)

While on here can someone confirm if the CSC copy was before the Hamito - Semitica copy as they both have the same matrix number along with the 12" copy (off the top of my head think it's 104).

Will post a pic of said 12" copy later.

Nice test press Brett :lol:

Have i ?, yeah CSC definately first Martino, guess we see and hear that many records we (i) forget laugh.gif

Social source share

Brett

are you sure they are the same group as the four buddies and you're not getting that from someone's confused ebay auction? I know someone who knew one of the four buddies and said they were from kentucky but recorded in LA.

Social source share

are you sure they are the same group as the four buddies and you're not getting that from someone's confused ebay auction? I know someone who knew one of the four buddies and said they were from kentucky but recorded in LA.

Just out of interest this was a Richard spin at Snaith cica 1980 ( on csc ) covered up as the natural four, for some reason he didn,t play it much, i allways liked it, best, Arthur.

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Only know what i was told Bob, not going to second guess you, so i imagine you're right you live in the States and i live in the foul and ugly bad lands of South Yorkshire England............ where we know very little :D

Brett

Social source share

Just out of interest this was a Richard spin at Snaith cica 1980 ( on csc ) covered up as the natural four, for some reason he didn,t play it much, i allways liked it, best, Arthur.

hi arthur..first time i heard it was when you played it at the carlton club in the early 90's, i remember buying about half a dozen copies off you for the princely sum of 2 quid each, wish i still had one, hope you & maria are keeping well....trev

Social source share

hi arthur..first time i heard it was when you played it at the carlton club in the early 90's, i remember buying about half a dozen copies off you for the princely sum of 2 quid each, wish i still had one, hope you & maria are keeping well....trev

Hi Trev, good thanks, yep! same ole same ole, had a 100 count box of the Ham release and even that one is tricky to find now, sounds good played out today tho :thumbsup:

Social source share

Halcyon days Arthur :shades: . I remember Sam playing it as "The Carstairs" - probably 1981.

Hope you are well - like your avatar!

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

how different is the 12''mix ?

I had a ham sem 7" and !2" for sale last yr and as far as i was aware they both sounded the same??

Was always led to believe this was one of those legit 2nd release by the band jobs??

Always reminds me of LEGENDS -FEAR NOT at start of record :thumbup:

Also seem to recall seeing the 12" on gemm not long since for a tidy sum of money.

A few 7's have turned up recently but have to admit i saw more of the 1st label popping up a few yrs ago.

Edited by NORTHERN NEV
Social source share

Was there an earlier 12 than the 1990 release? I always thought that was the first 12 issue?..........

So, back to my original question above..... Anyone?

My 12 has got the 1976 date on, and 1990 too. So I always thought it was, like, an afterthought kind of affair........

Was there simply a "straight outta '76" 12?.............

Edited by steve woomble
Social source share

• 10 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert