Clarence Jackson - If It Don't Fit - Valtone

tof

• Replies 22
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I only paid £25 last year, there was some speculation about the white ones i think [could be wrong though] it seems its current value may have something to do with its re-activation, great record btw thumbsup.gif

ALL DEMOS IV SEEN ARE OFF CENTRE :thumbup:

Social source share

I sold a copy for $66 (£45-ish) on eBay just the other week. Don't quite understand the fuss about it myself. Fairly poor vocal delivery in my opinion if you compare with the other two tunes that uses the same backing track.

Disagree mate .... think the vocal and lyrics are much better.

Social source share

Thanks all for the answers, It's what I thought: for me, it's a great record but still remain a cheapie.

I was a bit surprised to be over bid on two copy on e-bay (one was yours, Sebastian) those weeks...

Someone has got a copy to sell at a descent price?...

And even if A. Williams version is good I definitively prefer this one....

Social source share

Don't quite understand the fuss about it myself. Fairly poor vocal delivery in my opinion if you compare with the other two tunes that uses the same backing track.

simple answer to disputes over which is the best vocal - play the instrumental, which was the first version of this song I heard in a venue, and is bang on the money traditional northern soul.

I miss that era, where maybe a third of the playlists were inst's. not exactly been flooded with new discovery inst's in the last two decades, have we ?

Social source share

simple answer to disputes over which is the best vocal - play the instrumental, which was the first version of this song I heard in a venue, and is bang on the money traditional northern soul.

I miss that era, where maybe a third of the playlists were inst's. not exactly been flooded with new discovery inst's in the last two decades, have we ?

yes ......the instrumental was the played track....... thumbsup.gif
Social source share

I love this backing track and have the three versions.

Got the Fabulous Apollos - Determination on a nice white promo that I got from John Anderson :lol:

I have the Clarence Jackson on a white promo too which has What's So Good To You on the other side. Mine isn't off centre either :D

I have to say my favourite though is Andre William's version - cheapest but it has real ooomphhh! that the others just don't have :P

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

I love this backing track and have the three versions.

Got the Fabulous Apollos - Determination on a nice white promo that I got from John Anderson :lol:

I have the Clarence Jackson on a white promo too which has What's So Good To You on the other side. Mine isn't off centre either :thumbup:

I have to say my favourite though is Andre William's version - cheapest but it has real ooomphhh! that the others just don't have :D

Cheers

Richard

Have to agree with you here, never heard the Andre Williams version before it was posted and I am well impressed I particularly like the female backing, I have the Clarence Jackson version but the Fabolous Apollos version is pure class! guess i like all 3 then !

Steve :P

Edited by StevieNoWonder
Social source share

are the copies with the insrumentals on re issues ?

If you mean Clarence Jackson on Valtone, as far as I know both the orange issue and white promo are genuine originals - it's just that they put a different flip on. Interesting thought though about the initial promo coming out with two vocal tracks on and then doing the issue with the instrumental - cant' see it would save money - unless royalties - why would they do it like that :unsure:

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

FOR PURE DETROIT YOU CANT BEAT ANDRE WILLIAMS ,AWESOME TRACK IMO,LOVE CLARENCE JACKSON BUT INCREDIBLE RECORD.NO MYSTERY ON THE WHITE DEMOS EITHER . :unsure:

BAZ A

I have two out of the three... Clarence Jackson and Andre Williams.

Always wanted a copy of the Fabulous Apollos, as this was always my favourite.

Still want one, but like I said before, Clarence has recently pipped the Fab lads to take number one spot for me!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert