Etta James - Can't Shake It - On 45?

Guest TONY ROUNCE

This is an unissued track, written and produced by Ed Townsend, from the same session as 'Mellow Fellow'

It's unbelievable to think that Chess passed on releasing it at the time...

Social source share

• 6 months later...

It would make a nice 100 anniversary record wouldn't it , as we all got to hear about it from the very place .... go on you know it makes sence :rofl:

No ,that would mean a load of people putting it on eBay the next day and causing a in-issued track to be expensive .... Like all the others :(

Social source share

• 2 years later...

If anyone wants a copy on vinyl, it is available on the "D.J. Snowboy Presents The Good Foot " album from Ace/ Kent.

Which has not come off of my turntable since I got it at the beginning of the week..............even though I have a good number of the tracks on 45's already, its just a great tracklist that works fantastic! 

Social source share

• 7 years later...
On 03/09/2014 at 14:20, Guest nickw said:

Which has not come off of my turntable since I got it at the beginning of the week..............even though I have a good number of the tracks on 45's already, its just a great tracklist that works fantastic! 

Where can I find this album? Have searched everywhere for it, No listing on discogs etc. Anyone advise please?

Social source share

Yes I know. looked at them but expensive and don't have £150 to spend on the box set - just wanna buy the single really (that was what I was referring to - I cannot find any of just the etta James single for sale ). I just spent a lot over the last two months on vinyl so got to slow down and I still owe money to people that i bought of so not buying anything else over £100 at the moment. But thanks for the thought. If anyone has a copy of the single drop me a line.

Edited by jonko
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!