Jump to content

New Releases - Spring 2019

New Releases - Spring 2019 magazine cover

Hard to keep up at times...

a new topic for new releases 2019

THE SURE FIRE SOUL ENSEMBLE feat. KELLY FINNIGAN

Single out 3/20/19

“Impeach The President”, originally released in 1973 by The Honey Drippers as a protest song advocating for the impeachment of Richard Nixon became more famous for its drum breaks than the song itself… sampled in over 700 songs (according to Whosampled.com). Fast forward to 2019 with our country as divided as ever and this song’s anthem as relevant as ever. So with Jake Najor on drums, Kelly Finnigan on vocals, and San Diego’s The Sure Fire Soul Ensemble holding it down, Colemine Records is proud to present “Impeach The President”!!

Spotify http://open.spotify.com/album/4WlefCU...

Apple Music https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/imp...

Bandcamp https://thesurefiresoulensemble.bandc...

Deezer https://www.deezer.com/en/album/88645242

1. 7 Day Lovers

1. Article Comments

Forum Activity

Source Magazine Comments

Blackpoolsoul profile photo

1 hour ago, Source News said:

Hard to keep up at times...

a new topic for new releases 2019

Nothing political here, then :)

impeachment_clock_tck_tck.jpg

• Up vote 2
Shufflin profile photo

Posted (edited)

the Brainstory 45 got a release today, limited run of first press with a second press already planned, b side is good too

Edited by shufflin
  • Up vote 3
Scotters profile photo

Posted (edited)

Good shout Mike..so many releases this year so far and long may it continue.

Funk Night Records continue to churn out some decent new/old sounding 45s too:

Edited by Scotters
  • Up vote 2
Shufflin profile photo

Posted

we've been listening to the LP a lot, the first 45 off the album released yesterday

• Up vote 6
surfcity profile photo

On 22/03/2019 at 18:12, Blackpoolsoul said:

Nothing political here, then :)

impeachment_clock_tck_tck.jpg

In light of the Mueller report conclusions it makes this release look a bit daft .

Shufflin profile photo

funky one

• Up vote 2
Mike profile photo

• Up vote 2
Andykempster profile photo

Posted

Mine arrived this morning, very chuffed as I had forgotten I had preordered it months ago 👍

polyvelts profile photo

Chaka Khan LP

Shufflin profile photo

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Available to buy in Europe? Shipping from the States is waaaay to expensive

Dusty Groove records (US) have economy shipping as an option I think, not expensive at all, but I don't know if they are stocking it, maybe contact them?

Edited by shufflin
Amsterdam Russ profile photo

33 minutes ago, shufflin said:

Thanks, I'll check them out. A European source would, of course, be more cost effective.

Shufflin profile photo

3 minutes ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

A European source would, of course, be more cost effective

they charged me a little over $5 to ship the Ernest Ernie record to UK 🙂

economy shipping

Dusty Groove are great

Amsterdam Russ profile photo

1 hour ago, shufflin said:

they charged me a little over $5 to ship the Ernest Ernie record to UK 🙂

economy shipping

Dusty Groove are great

How long did it take to get your purchase?

Shufflin profile photo

10 days

• Up vote 1
Kev John profile photo

CS726857-01A-BIG.jpgPOWER, Brian feat MARC EVANS - Falling Back Into Love

Just released last week  on 7", 2 wonderful sides Orig Edit & Dj Spen Edit

Juno,Simply Soul & Soul Brother have stock in the UK

• Up vote 3
Scootboy profile photo

Posted (edited)

On 30/03/2019 at 20:56, shufflin said:

this new release from the US is fantastic, limited run on 45, can pre-order

My sister will be in New York later this month,

I'll add it on the list 😎

Edited by Scootboy
typo
  • Up vote 1
Mcqueen2649 profile photo

Posted

Durand Jones and the Indications album is a top notch job

• Up vote 1
seano profile photo

Posted

Radio 4 Front Row about to cover Marvin Gaye's "You're the Man" album. Thursday 4th April 7.15pm.

• Up vote 1
Scootboy profile photo

Sometimes dreams come true,first 7" release,

just ordered

seano profile photo

2 hours ago, Scotters said:

New Lady Wray 45 from Big Crown records out soon and sounds good to me both sides. Pre-order directly or through their page on Bandcamp👍

Thanks for this Scotters - Juno are showing it as coming soon so will aim for that.

• Up vote 1
Chalky profile photo

2 hours ago, Scotters said:

Fabulous voice. I wondered why she had been quite, she gave birth last year! These two tracks recorded prior to the event.  Hope there is another Lp forthcoming as the last was great.

• Up vote 2
Scootboy profile photo

Posted

This one has just been re-issued

• Up vote 3
Scootboy profile photo

Just ordered the forthcoming Diggin Deep release,

I have a feeling that it is going to be really BIG,

both sides are huge

• Up vote 5
Scootboy profile photo

On 04/04/2019 at 21:45, Scootboy said:

Sometimes dreams come true,first 7" release,

just ordered

Finally,it arrived (first one on the left)

la.jpg

• Up vote 1
seano profile photo

57 minutes ago, Scootboy said:

Just ordered the forthcoming Diggin Deep release,

I have a feeling that it is going to be really BIG,

both sides are huge

Yep just gone for this too. Top drawer artist.

• Up vote 3
Soulfusion profile photo

Make that three :thumbsup:

• Up vote 3
mark kirby profile photo

Make that 4

• Up vote 3
Shufflin profile photo

my copy of The Pendletons new release arrived today 🙂

IMG_1097.jpg

• Up vote 3
Soulfusion profile photo

Posted

Is it the same Howard Johnson of Keepin' Love New/So Fine fame?

Scotters profile photo

Posted

The new Kelly Finnigan LP through the post today from Colemine. Stunning!

FD52C1CF-BEEF-4BC1-9065-11A10D0BF791.jpeg

• Up vote 2
Scotters profile photo

Posted (edited)

Also looking forward to the imminent Black Pumas LP on ATO Records / Colemine, now available for pre- order today.

Edited by Scotters
Scootboy profile photo

On 16/04/2019 at 15:13, shufflin said:

my copy of The Pendletons new release arrived today 🙂

IMG_1097.jpg

I Junoed it earlier today 😉

Life To Me is so nice

• Up vote 3
Shufflin profile photo

Posted

interesting release just out on Outta Sight records, first time on 45 and never heard of the Valerie Simpson demo before

"...our OVO… “Are You Trying To Get Rid Of Me Baby”. This storming unreleased dancer first came to our attention courtesy of Kent Records and their 1986 Magic Touch album. The song was originally known by the Crystals on U.A. which has grown in popularity and value in recent times.

VALERIE SIMPSON is better known as one half of music bis. royalty Ashford & Simpson who need little introduction. She co-wrote our topside and “Mr Creator” which she demos here to great effect."

• Up vote 2
Shufflin profile photo

Posted

Japan release for RSD, very nice high revs & uptempo modern soul number, not cheap for a new release but well worth it imo, sound clips and record for sale on Juno

image.png.12f86879844121959747a99b7ca85033.png

• Listening 1
seano profile photo

On 11/04/2019 at 17:06, seano said:

Yep just gone for this too. Top drawer artist.

Arrived today. Both sides sound great. Sam's voiceover towards the end of 'What's it gonna be' comes in rather loudly and then the whole track fades out to end, but it doesn't detract from a superb tune (well, two of course) from a masterful lyricist and singer.

• Up vote 1
Mark Bicknell profile photo

Posted

Just out Mr Croasdell does it again, sublime.

20190424_123042.jpg

20190424_122923.jpg

• Up vote 1
Shufflin profile photo

Posted

as Mike has announced on News, the new O'Jays LP for me today, amazing how they still make something so good

would love to see the Start Stoppin' track on a 45 🙂

• Up vote 2
Andybellwood profile photo

4 minutes ago, Shufflin said:

would love to see the Start Stoppin' track on a 45 🙂

Hope so , fingers x’d

• Up vote 1
The Yank profile photo

Posted (edited)

Came across this on you tube- Nice !!

Actually not a new release- just reissued - oops !!

Edited by the yank
  • Up vote 2
  • Listening 1
Joesoap profile photo

Posted (edited)

This. Out on 7' for the first ever time, I believe. They also issued the LP for Record Store Day. Neither to much interest so far as far as I can tell. But what an utterly fantastic sound (and I believe the 7 is the one that may eventually become sought after). Can you get a better newly released single for a tenner?

Edited by JoeSoap
  • Up vote 3
  • Listening 2
  • Thanks 1
Scootboy profile photo

Lovely voice, in some bits it reminds me Sandra Wright,

it went straight in my 'to buy' list

Joesoap profile photo

Posted

Yes, now you come to mention it is very reminiscent of the 'Wounded Woman' LP, especially the arrangement /piano. First time I heard it, I thought it was Aretha, tho..!

• Up vote 1
Scootboy profile photo

Exactly 😉

Richard profile photo

4 hours ago, JoeSoap said:

These are numbered, how many is the run??

Great track btw 👍

Joesoap profile photo

Posted

I don't know. I got the 7 which is just a general release. Then the LP came out for record shop day, I suppose that would be the numbered one. Can't imagine they did a huge run of either.  Bit odd releasing it both ways as I am not sure if it's all that well known but great to have for the first time on a 7 rather than a repress of the LP! I think I heard / read Shirley herself is involved somehow in the release.

• Thanks 1

Guest profile photo
This is now closed for further comments

Related Soul Music Links

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.