Keni Lewis - What's Her Name

Did Soulgalore at Crofton last night and Martyn Bird played a right belter of a track I had been trying to place for a while now: KENI LEWIS - WHAT'S HER NAME

Super tune and first or second time I have heard this, what do you think?

Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Trevski

That's odd, I have heard this everywhere over the last couple of years, not heard it for about 6 months due to the fact I thought it was played out! :lol:

Social source share

Guest Mark Holmes

wasn't there one on here recently for sale? :lol: could have been a list I suppose, sure I've seen one somewhere for sale recently.

Yep..it was mine. Went fast as well think I had it up for 200 quid.

Had to sell some choons but really wished this one hadn't gone.

Oh Well the new car is in the driveway and I have an mp3 of it.

Social source share

Guest tripsy

I think Andy Rix was mainly responsible for giving this some plays, altho wouldnt wanna swear to that & certainly wasnt exclusive to him........love it to bits.

Russ

A Colin Curtis spin at the Mecca 1974.

Social source share

A Colin Curtis spin at the Mecca 1974.

Oh well........i didnt start until 3 years later......didnt hear this until at least the 8ts.......those pesky Mecca DJ's !, however, was this a one spin wonder back then ?, as i cant imagine it being a very in vogue kinda sound then ?......some would even have difficulty with it now :thumbsup: .

Russ

Social source share

DIDN'T REALLY HEAR IT PLAYED IN REGULARITY AT THE VENUES I ATTENDED UNTIL THE MID TO LATE 90T'S WHICH IS WHEN I GOT MY COPY OFF BLAKE HELLIWELL. NEVER REALLY THORT HE WAS MUCH OF A SINGER ON THIS PARTICULAR OUTING, BUT THATS DUE TO THE TYPE OF UPBEAT QUIRKY SONG THAT IT IS AND THE WAY HE DELIVERED HIS VOCAL. ON OTHER RECORDS LIKE THE PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED..AINT GONNA MAKE IT EASY HE SINGS BETTER AND SMOOTHER.

BRI PINCH.

SUNDAY CHILLOUT, 7TH JUNE, HORSE AND GROOM PUB, EAST LAITH GATE, DONCASTER.

Social source share

Bri, that's a good call on the "quirkiness" Keni Lewis does rather sound as if he has swallowed a pickled egg at the start of the track but that is part of the appeal.

I did think there was a warp on the track when I first heard it, now I am convinced the fooker was doing pickled eggs.

chl-eggs.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert